Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #34,802 of 40,727
Anyone else find that the tips sometimes come off into your ear with the LX? The LX bore is smooth with no 'notch' to help an eartip grip, I recently sold my LX and the buyer has claimed they are faulty because this happened to him. In my experience of this happening, it was down to needing the IEM to be treated with an alcoholic wipe then it was fine, but I am wondering if its more of a general design issue with the LX?

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #34,803 of 40,727
Anyone else find that the tips sometimes come off into your ear with the LX? The LX bore is smooth with no 'notch' to help an eartip grip, I recently sold my LX and the buyer has claimed they are faulty because this happened to him. In my experience of this happening, it was down to needing the IEM to be treated with an alcoholic wipe then it was fine, but I am wondering if its more of a general design issue with the LX?
Literally having same exact issue with Evo. Final E tips somehow lost their grip on the nozzle and get stuck in my ear. I had to order more tips.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #34,804 of 40,727
Par for the course with these IEMs. Wipe them down with alcohol and dry them. Also, silicone tip cores lose their grip over time, so fresh tips help. And make sure you slide the tip all the way up the nozzle and don't shove them all the way deep in your ears. LX is not faulty, that's just the way they're designed. (By the way the nozzle does flare out slightly to 'hold' the tip, but be aware if you have super narrow ear canals, tips falling off can happen.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #34,805 of 40,727
Thank you for your replies, it was much as I expected and in line with my experience with them also.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #34,806 of 40,727
Par for the course with these IEMs. Wipe them down with alcohol and dry them. Also, silicone tip cores lose their grip over time, so fresh tips help. And make sure you slide the tip all the way up the nozzle and don't shove them all the way deep in your ears. LX is not faulty, that's just the way they're designed. (By the way the nozzle does flare out slightly to 'hold' the tip, but be aware if you have super narrow ear canals, tips falling off can happen.
I shove the tip as far into my ear as possible lol.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #34,807 of 40,727
They should twist the IEM’s forward to break the seal before removing, I find this usually helps. But yeah, with most tips they’re going to have a problem.

Jan 16, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #34,808 of 40,727
I have highlighted that an added flare or lip on the end of the nozzle would help eliminate this in every review I write about Empire Ears IEMs. As you have said alcohol wipes do take care of it. I have found the stock Final E tips inner ring stretches out in time too.

One cannot underestimate how important it is to keep your nozzle and tip clean. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #34,809 of 40,727
I have found the stock Final E tips inner ring stretches out in time too.

One cannot underestimate how important it is to keep you nozzle and tip clean. :smirk:
Nothing ever good comes from inner stretching out

Jan 16, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #34,811 of 40,727
Hah! Zeus has a flare, tips never come off in my ears.

I think whenI had the Phantom it happened a couple of times. You just have to, as stated above, break the seal and then slowly remove them. I was gonna say "pull them out" but no telling WHAT kind of response I would have gotten.

Jan 16, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #34,812 of 40,727
Hi EE club, need some advice on what to buy, either to add/replace one of my current IEMS.

Have always been interested in the Odins, I'm a fan of technicalities and the faceplate just looks awesome. Currently there's Odins and EVOs available used in UK which is quite rare. I'm also a big fan of bass however...

I mostly listen to; EDM, Modern Pop, female vocals, movie soundtracks, very occasionally some rock/metal. I very rarely/never listen to orchestral/jazz.

My IEM experience is limited and currently only have ;
•CA Solaris (OG) - I love the gold faceplate, use these for the gym so stays in my gym bag, enjoy the bass. The fit with foam tips initially were problematic as was quite big , but now they seem fine. Would probably not listen to them for hours at the end. I bought these new as my first high end headphone/iem so have some bias attachment to it.
•Noble Katanas - Kind of plain looking, but technically impressive, small and comfortable fit, my "everyday carry iems" and carry them in my bag everywhere even if they are not used daily. Also really enjoy them for the soundstage and vocals although they seem to do well with everything I listen to.

If I go out commuting I'd likely carry the solaris more.

Given the above, do you think Odin or Evo would make more sense? Could either replace one of my current iems, or just make space for a third? :thinking:

I did also consider the Noble Sultans, but since I already own a Noble iem, thought I'd try an Empire Ears.

Jan 16, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #34,814 of 40,727
That has EVO written all over it. Or LX as an alternative.

Wish the EVO had the odin faceplate! Do you think the EVO is superior enough to make my solaris redundant?

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #34,815 of 40,727
Wish the EVO had the odin faceplate! Do you think the EVO is superior enough to make my solaris redundant?
Not if you have a sensitivity to harsh/prominent upper mids and lower treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back