Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 13, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #34,381 of 40,729
I'd wager the Bravado MKII will do the job nicely. Although I am afraid the R3 will be the limiting factor here tbh.
If the R3 won't do the job, guess I will look in a different direction then.....thanks for the info

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #34,382 of 40,729
I have never noticed burn in really but my demo EVO's sounded a lot better than my new ones.

It may be the genesis cable with the demos and the free not so good cable with my EVO's but I tried the storm breaker from my Odins as well and the bass is still not quite like the demo set.

My EVO's only have 10hrs on them so will be burning them in over this next week and looking forward to settling in.

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #34,383 of 40,729
I do actually. Odin has the most resolving, airy and coherent presentation.

EVO has that incredible bass while retaining very good resolution and detail. Nothing is covered by the bass which is a rather unique achievement in terms of an IEM.

LXSE sits between the other two bass wise and has an overall more exciting and gripping presentation though EVO beats it in detail.
Also, for me LX(SE) has the tiniest/smoothest shells and this fits my ears best.

If I had to choose one it would always be Odin although there three complement each other nicely.
Bang on

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #34,384 of 40,729
I have never noticed burn in really but my demo EVO's sounded a lot better than my new ones.

It may be the genesis cable with the demos and the free not so good cable with my EVO's but I tried the storm breaker from my Odins as well and the bass is still not quite like the demo set.

My EVO's only have 10hrs on them so will be burning them in over this next week and looking forward to settling in.
EVO is a poster child for the benefits of extended burn -in. And cable rolling. And tip rolling. And source rolling 😝 But it handsomely rewards the effort. Been doing some A/B with a friend's Utopia (EVO on a DAP, Utopia on a Burson 3X balanced), and while it's not exactly an apples vs apples comparison, it's no contest really (in EVO's favour).

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #34,385 of 40,729
EVO is a poster child for the benefits of extended burn -in. And cable rolling. And tip rolling. And source rolling 😝 But it handsomely rewards the effort. Been doing some A/B with a friend's Utopia (EVO on a DAP, Utopia on a Burson 3X balanced), and while it's not exactly an apples vs apples comparison, it's no contest really (in EVO's favour).
The Utopia paired with a Ferrum Orr blows away EVO and you know how much I love EVO. The Utopia has outstanding punch and slam, but it is restrained in its treble and sound stage until you pair it with the right amp.

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #34,386 of 40,729
The Utopia paired with a Ferrum Orr blows away EVO and you know how much I love EVO. The Utopia has outstanding punch and slam, but it is restrained in its treble and sound stage until you pair it with the right amp.
I'm getting too much treble and even more forward mids than EVO with the Burson Conductor 3X. Can't say if this is the best pairing for Utopia - probably isn't - but it's all I have. Utopia has always been an intimate stage listen whenever I've heard it - EVO is definitely wider. But of all metrics, bass can't even be compared between the two. If you're a basshead, Utopia really isn't the right tool. It's incredible with the right material though, like anything binaural from Chesky.

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #34,387 of 40,729
I'm getting too much treble and even more forward mids than EVO with the Burson Conductor 3X. Can't say if this is the best pairing for Utopia - probably isn't - but it's all I have. Utopia has always been an intimate stage listen whenever I've heard it - EVO is definitely wider. But of all metrics, bass can't even be compared between the two. If you're a basshead, Utopia really isn't the right tool. It's incredible with the right material though, like anything binaural from Chesky.
If you are a bass head, you need to try Abyss 1266 Phi TC. Given your taste, you won't be happy until you get that headphone.

Meze Elite will sound bass light to you.

Nov 13, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #34,388 of 40,729
I got my Legend EVO Launch Edition this morning, snagged one of the remaining ones from a dealer. I'm somewhat awestruck. I don't have much to add to the super detailed reviews from people like @CL14715 but just applause for @Jack Vang and team for getting the bone conduction working with this level of audio precision. I'm an engineer and that seems like quite the challenge.

One song to try out: Ed Sheeran "Leave Your Life" from his new album really shows control with slam in the sub-bass that Legend X did totally fine with, but takes to another level of experience... my bones are vibrating

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #34,390 of 40,729
It will do the job. I did express myself wrong, sorry😅. I was going to say it will rather be the limiting factor in exploiting the full quality of the Bravado.
So the R3 will power it ok....just that a better dap will make it even better and get it's full potential.

Nov 14, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #34,392 of 40,729
Nov 14, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #34,393 of 40,729
I got my Legend EVO Launch Edition this morning, snagged one of the remaining ones from a dealer. I'm somewhat awestruck. I don't have much to add to the super detailed reviews from people like @CL14715 but just applause for @Jack Vang and team for getting the bone conduction working with this level of audio precision. I'm an engineer and that seems like quite the challenge.

One song to try out: Ed Sheeran "Leave Your Life" from his new album really shows control with slam in the sub-bass that Legend X did totally fine with, but takes to another level of experience... my bones are vibrating
That “heartbeat” bassline sounds so unique on the EVO. I can almost feel it like my own!

Nov 14, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #34,395 of 40,729
Any advice on ear tips for the EE Valkyrie? Donations/sales of L/XL also accepted - just PM me. Thank you.
My stance is that fit on tips for your unique ears is the goal and no tips are necessarily the best objectively. So just trying all sizes of all tips… and investing some money until you figure it out.

I have dozens of tips in all sizes and for me, SpinFit Medium with the right bore size for the headphone are the right thing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back