Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #30,511 of 40,559
Odins stage is cramped? Which iems dont feel cramped in your opinion the? Could you tel me which iem(s) you heard doing it better?

The only ones that i have heard that beat odin was Audeze LCDi4 as they are open backs. But their tinality is like they were just pulled out of washing mashine.
Psychoacoustics make it seem cramped in direct comparison to Traillii. That’s because of the width of the Traillii whereas the Odin is meant to sound deeper and forward. Traillii doesn’t have the depth of Odin either.

Jul 15, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #30,512 of 40,559
Psychoacoustics make it seem cramped in direct comparison to Traillii. That’s because of the width of the Traillii whereas the Odin is meant to sound deeper and forward. Traillii doesn’t have the depth of Odin either.
What he said!

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #30,513 of 40,559
“Psychoacoustics” sounds like a new trend in Electronic Music. 😂🤭

Jul 15, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #30,514 of 40,559
What he said!
Is that something to do with treble presentatation? Is traillii brighter? I mean i remember u18t with its tia tweeter makes sound quite spacious in treble. But everything else is slightly detached and while i might be wrong, as I did not audition u18t and odin back to back. It felt like odins midrange had more space in between notes in comparison.

Thats why im quite curious to try tia fourte because it adds DD bass to it as well.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #30,515 of 40,559
Is that something to do with treble presentatation? Is traillii brighter? I mean i remember u18t with its tia tweeter makes sound quite spacious in treble. But everything else is slightly detached and while i might be wrong, as I did not audition u18t and odin back to back. It felt like odins midrange had more space in between notes in comparison.

Thats why im quite curious to try tia fourte because it adds DD bass to it as well.
Treble on the Odin has good extension and is brighter with good air but it lacks a certain control that the Bird has - not sure how/if that impacts the soundstage. It's very interesting what creates that space in instruments in the Bird, it's something in the mid range I think and how the Traillii places voices and instruments a tad further back than the Odin.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #30,516 of 40,559
So it seems traillii is simply wider in stage technically and not just some sort of tuning trick.
Well it better be at that price😄

On a side note has anyone has a chance to compare odin to Obravo Ra C-Cu. I think they are semi open so should be quite spacious.

Unfortunately, Obravo seem to have forgotten or simply did not have space in iem for bass drivers lol. So just went and release another tonality freak like Audeze did with LCDi4 but charge 4x more.

I actually saw it lying around in Harrods, but i was already leaving after auditioning other stuff.
So might pop back in one day to see if i can be surprised by them.

But after that i think i will have my picture hung on a wall outside Harrods, with a note: "Dont let this dude to technology department anymore"

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #30,517 of 40,559
So it seems traillii is simply wider in stage technically and not just some sort of tuning trick.

On a side note has anyone has a chance to compare odin to Obravo Ra C-Cu. I think they are semi open so should be quite spacious.

Unfortunately, Obravo seem to have forgotten or simply did not have space in iem for bass drivers lol. So just went and release another tonality freak like Audeze did with LCDi4 but charge 4x more.

I actually saw it lying around in Harrods, but i was already leaving after auditioning other stuff.

But after that i think i will have my picture hung on a wall outside Harrods, with a note: "Dont let this dude to technology department anymore"
If I lived close to Harrods you best believe I’d be in there daily…

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #30,518 of 40,559
This album sounds astonishingly good on Odin after spending the day with the VE8 🤤

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 16.40.31.png

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #30,519 of 40,559

I’ve listened to the Ra21-C which are £5,999. I didn’t have them at the same time as I had the Odin though and so I can’t do an exact comparison. i just recall that both were quite technical with a slight sharpness to the sound. I would say that the Ra was overall more neutral while Odin is more engaging. Sadly that’s about as technical as my explanation gets as I’m pretty poor at describing sound 😥. But, if I had to pick between the two I’d choose Odin as I thought it had better staging, layering and detail retrieval; not to mention its W9+ bass ability.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #30,520 of 40,559
I’ve listened to the Ra21-C which are £5,999. I didn’t have them at the same time as I had the Odin though and so I can’t do an exact comparison. i just recall that both were quite technical with a slight sharpness to the sound. I would say that the Ra was overall more neutral while Odin is more engaging. Sadly that’s about as technical as my explanation gets as I’m pretty poor at describing sound 😥. But, if I had to pick between the two I’d choose Odin as I thought it had better staging, layering and detail retrieval; not to mention its W9+ bass ability.
Interesting. I thought that if they go for such a tuning they might aswell make it spacious sounding. Not sure how different are C from C-CU but looking and later ones graph bass is not neutral, but subbass is actually rolled of to abyss. That must sound like banging a spoon into an empty can of sardines lol. Odin probably sound like a bass canons in comparison.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #30,521 of 40,559
Interesting. I thought that if they go for such a tuning they might aswell make it spacious sounding. Not sure how different are C from C-CU but looking and later ones graph bass is not neutral, but subbass is actually rolled of to abyss. That must sound like banging a spoon into an empty can of sardines lol. Odin probably sound like a bass canons in comparison.
I thought the Ra21-c was a good IEM but not really one that met with my own particular preferences. I don’t really recall anything in particular standing out, which may actually be a testament to its tuning. There is nothing there I would pull apart as all areas of bass, mids, treble played their part. I think the overall thing though was that it simply didn’t move me while I was listening. In contrast to this the Odin can demand your attention and is a detail monster. There seemed to be a lot going on when you listened to it and it pulled you in like captive audience. And I mean that in a good way. It likely then comes down to personal preference, just like it does for the majority of things in this hobby.

The C-CU is the next level up and goes for £9k. Unfortunately I’ve never heard it and so I can’t comment on it abilities.

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #30,522 of 40,559
This album sounds astonishingly good on Odin after spending the day with the VE8 🤤

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 16.40.31.png

Siriusmo's Enthusiast is another interesting album. Listening to the last track Leftovers made me felt like I was actually hiking in a forest somewhere on Pandora from Avatar :)

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #30,523 of 40,559
The only ones that i have heard that beat odin was Audeze LCDi4 as they are open backs. But their tinality is like they were just pulled out of washing mashine.

You need that Cipher cable to go with the LCDi4. Otherwise it does sound like crap without any EQ.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #30,524 of 40,559
Word of warning for those with the Odin where the Stormbreaker/60s puts the upper mids in tolerable territory. Do NOT try the Socrates. I garuntee it will be a disaster.

On the other hand, I'm now having trouble prying myself away from Odin.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #30,525 of 40,559
I didn’t quite like the pairing of Socrates with LX SE (as compared to stock cable). Socrates is great with LX and I also like it with U18T and Thummim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back