Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 6, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #30,001 of 40,559
Yeah, I noticed that too perusing EE’s site the other day. If it is indeed so, then a limited Phantom X run would make quite the last hurrah, wouldn’t it? :wink:
Sorry for being slightly OT - what are your long term expressions now regarding the Jolenes vs. the Odins? I am interested because you compared them a couple months ago and you where very excited about the Jolenes and thought they are on par or in some regards even better than the Odins. Do you still have these impressions or did anything change after honeymoon?

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #30,002 of 40,559
Sorry for being slightly OT - what are your long term expressions now regarding the Jolenes vs. the Odins? I am interested because you compared them a couple months ago and you where very excited about the Jolenes and thought they are on par or in some regards even better than the Odins. Do you still have these impressions or did anything change after honeymoon?
I definitely still have those impressions now. I've used the Jolene's almost daily through tons of mixes and masters, and my thoughts haven't really changed much, if at all. I've actually already written the Jolene vs. ODIN comparison for the Jolene review, because I had to return the ODIN's to EE after my review. I can PM them to you if you're interested.

Jun 7, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #30,003 of 40,559
My LEGEND X se was received yesterday. Sexy bass stage, balanced midrange and treble perfectly matched, the only drawback is that I didn’t get No.1😍

Mine just arrived ... :) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2021-06-07 12.28.24.jpg
2021-06-07 12.52.44.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #30,005 of 40,559
I definitely still have those impressions now. I've used the Jolene's almost daily through tons of mixes and masters, and my thoughts haven't really changed much, if at all. I've actually already written the Jolene vs. ODIN comparison for the Jolene review, because I had to return the ODIN's to EE after my review. I can PM them to you if you're interested.
Yes, please - I am interested :)

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #30,006 of 40,559
Easter egg! Thank you to all those who contributed to the extraordinary success of the Legend X SE. To commemorate the Legend's 3rd year anniversary the left faceplate will feature an exclusive Legend X "LX" logo.

IMG_5746-Edit.JPG

i am not able to find the detail, can you please pm me!

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #30,007 of 40,559
Jun 8, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #30,008 of 40,559
I found the old Pelican case more charming than new rounded Pandora case.
Do you know it EE can sell the old version separately ?

Same about white packaged, i found it so "apple"... prefer the full black, better match with the silver winged EE logo.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #30,009 of 40,559
I found the old Pelican case more charming than new rounded Pandora case.
Do you know it EE can sell the old version separately ?

Same about white packaged, i found it so "apple"... prefer the full black, better match with the silver winged EE logo.
I'm sure EE will be able to indulge you if you want to pay the additional... For the rest of us, the colour of the packaging doesn't matter so much as it goes in the cupboard after it serves its purpose.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #30,011 of 40,559
I'm sure EE will be able to indulge you if you want to pay the additional... For the rest of us, the colour of the packaging doesn't matter so much as it goes in the cupboard after it serves its purpose.
Your right. But i see that like a good dish. There is the tasting, but before that, comes the eyes pleasure ! (referral to CFA candy boxes)
Otherwise, i'm agree.

pelican like still on their website but says out of stock….
Yeah, it's the empire Aegis case. Put a notice bot to check availability

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #30,012 of 40,559
Your right. But i see that like a good dish. There is the tasting, but before that, comes the eyes pleasure ! (referral to CFA candy boxes)
Otherwise, i'm agree.

Yeah, it's the empire Aegis case. Put a notice bot to check availability
I bought one a bit ago. The Pandora case is better. Unless you unplug your IEM’s every time you store them, it’s not easy to get the right positioning. If you have a custom cable with some size, forget it. I don’t recommend unplugging them often by the way.. it can weaken or damage the 2 pin connectors.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #30,013 of 40,559
indeed, at first, i was bored about positioning them to their slot, but i quickly replaced the original foam by a new custom anti-static right cutted (including my custom cable, that i never unplug) and it was done.
Apparently, they introduce the pandora for big custom shell, which are harder to stock in Pelican. (fix me if i'm wrong).

It's purely personal, but i prefer Pelican, i found it easier to store into a bag, or even in the pocket.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #30,014 of 40,559
Well, took the plunge and got the Bravado MK2s. They should arrive sometime today. You only live once right?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back