Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #30,031 of 40,614
I have a question to all the cable aficionados here...
Now that I have (finally) ordered my Custom Legend X, and already got for it the PW Audio Anniversary No. 10 (8-wire) from @gLer (thanks again!), I am considering 1 more cable for the upcoming Legend X... I am considering the SPC Graphene from @skedra (per his recommendation).
Anyone here ever tried the SPC Graphene with LX? Looking for impressions / opinions...

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #30,032 of 40,614
Now that I have (finally) ordered my Custom Legend X, and already got for it the PW Audio Anniversary No. 10 (8-wire) from @gLer (thanks again!), I am considering 1 more cable for the upcoming Legend X... I am considering the SPC Graphene from @skedra (per his recommendation).
Anyone here ever tried the SPC Graphene with LX? Looking for impressions / opinions...
No, but I do have an SPC cable from skedra on my custom LX and it sounds great.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #30,033 of 40,614
No, but I do have an SPC cable from skedra on my custom LX and it sounds great.
Which other cables have you tried on your custom LX?
Which are your favorites? (and why, if you can put your finger on it)

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #30,034 of 40,614
Which other cables have you tried on your custom LX?
Which are your favorites? (and why, if you can put your finger on it)
Well I have tried PW 1960s 2 and 4 wire, Skedra SPC type 4 litz, Skedra type 4 copper litz, all of Ego Audio’s cables, EA Horus X, EA Code 51, PW no.10, EA Cleopatra and stock cable to name a few.

Favorites are the 1960s and Skedra SPC. Both cables, more-so the 1960s, enhance the dynamics and balance the tonality a bit. This makes the LX sound snappier and less L shaped.

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #30,035 of 40,614
Well I have tried PW 1960s 2 and 4 wire, Skedra SPC type 4 litz, Skedra type 4 copper litz, all of Ego Audio’s cables, EA Horus X, EA Code 51, PW no.10, EA Cleopatra and stock cable to name a few.

Favorites are the 1960s and Skedra SPC. Both cables, more-so the 1960s, enhance the dynamics and balance the tonality a bit. This makes the LX sound snappier and less L shaped.
Very useful. Thanks!
Now I have to figure out (with Skedra's help) what is the difference between your "Skedra SPC type 4 litz" cable and the SPC Graphene that he recommended to me :)

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #30,038 of 40,614
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #30,039 of 40,614
Yeah I have Hero and I’m really enjoying it after I’ve found the right tips. Before that I found them quite feral in the treble. Now they’re very addictive actually haha. Atlas is also super engaging but a completely different IEM in all aspects. Answers to the questions that @tawmizzzz asked would really help in giving you a comparison of both.
Hi @Tristy wich tips did you use on Hero?

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #30,040 of 40,614
Am thankful for this super cool community. Met a super nice fellow HFier earlier that let me try his Odins and I let him try my Phantoms and DX200Ti+AMP8Ex. We both have the LX so had a common reference point.

I was looking for something that had u12t level treble detail. Was pleasantly surprised with the Odin's treble, more detailed than the LX and way more detailed than the Phantoms - it came close to the u12t but wasn't totally at the u12t's level in some tracks.

Soundstage: Phantom < Odin < LX
What I really enjoyed about the Odin was the imaging - I could pick out each instrument and tell where it was or was supposed to be. Phantom and LX had pretty good imaging but was either too close (Phantom) or too far (LX) sometimes.

I was hoping that the Odins would replace my Phantom but for some tracks (top40s, hiphop, EDM), the Odins were just not as fun to listen to. For some reason, I found the Phantoms a more versatile IEM.

On the fence about getting the Odins now since it would mean keeping 3 TOTL IEMs and the missus would probably kill me or ask to make an equivalent splurge purchase.

Would love to hear impressions from folks who have the Phantom, Odin, LX, and/or U12t as well.

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #30,041 of 40,614
How did you design you LX?

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #30,042 of 40,614
Am thankful for this super cool community. Met a super nice fellow HFier earlier that let me try his Odins and I let him try my Phantoms and DX200Ti+AMP8Ex. We both have the LX so had a common reference point.

I was looking for something that had u12t level treble detail. Was pleasantly surprised with the Odin's treble, more detailed than the LX and way more detailed than the Phantoms - it came close to the u12t but wasn't totally at the u12t's level in some tracks.

Soundstage: Phantom < Odin < LX
What I really enjoyed about the Odin was the imaging - I could pick out each instrument and tell where it was or was supposed to be. Phantom and LX had pretty good imaging but was either too close (Phantom) or too far (LX) sometimes.

I was hoping that the Odins would replace my Phantom but for some tracks (top40s, hiphop, EDM), the Odins were just not as fun to listen to. For some reason, I found the Phantoms a more versatile IEM.

On the fence about getting the Odins now since it would mean keeping 3 TOTL IEMs and the missus would probably kill me or ask to make an equivalent splurge purchase.

Would love to hear impressions from folks who have the Phantom, Odin, LX, and/or U12t as well.
I hated the phantom. Love the LX, Odin and U12t. Just gonna say though, the U12t is too sterile for me and I pick up on the BA timbre immediately. I don’t have that issue with Empire Ears IEM’s.

The real question is, how long did you listen to Odin? I personally feel Odin treble detail surpasses the U12t and has a more realistic timbre.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #30,043 of 40,614
How did you design you LX?
Nothing exotic. Decided to use the extra cash saved by NOT choosing crazy design customizations towards cables :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #30,045 of 40,614
#15 checking in!
61DE1F35-A122-48EA-9F32-234B8F7B10A5.jpeg9D4BB926-D6D1-4C60-ADB8-4BAE241E3B4D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back