Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 3, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #29,882 of 40,731
What do you guys think about Bravado MKII vs Vantage for all around listening experience? Both should be basshead approved. FWIW, Crinacle ranks the Vantage higher and calls it a mini LX which is appealing. Thanks.
I have heard neither of which you mentioned. What I will say is… there’s no such thing as a “Mini LX”. The LX is one of a kind and is often misrepresented as basshead IEM and quite honestly is a technical monster. Not to mention a vantage is $1299 and several second hand LX have sold for around $1500.

My advice is, if you can afford a vantage but are asking about a Bravado MKII, save an extra couple hundred and wait for a used LX to pop up. You won’t regret it.

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #29,883 of 40,731
What do you guys think about Bravado MKII vs Vantage for all around listening experience? Both should be basshead approved. FWIW, Crinacle ranks the Vantage higher and calls it a mini LX which is appealing. Thanks.
I agree with @CL14715. I don't have personal experience with the Bravado, but when talking with support last year about the Vantage, they mentioned something along the lines of, it is their warmest monitor (at that time, not sure about now). It's Like a nice smooth warm wall of sound which from their descriptions during that conversation does not sound like the LX. LX is unique especially with its technical abilities. If you want that nice tubey sound, maybe Vantage is good

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #29,884 of 40,731
I have heard neither of which you mentioned. What I will say is… there’s no such thing as a “Mini LX”. The LX is one of a kind and is often misrepresented as basshead IEM and quite honestly is a technical monster. Not to mention a vantage is $1299 and several second hand LX have sold for around $1500.

My advice is, if you can afford a vantage but are asking about a Bravado MKII, save an extra couple hundred and wait for a used LX to pop up. You won’t regret it.
Thanks for the reply. Even a used LX is out of reach price wise unfortunately. However, I can get a good deal on a Vantage which is why I asked. Very little reviews on them anywhere. Looks like they didn’t sell well perhaps.

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #29,886 of 40,731
I have @SBranson ’s Bravado MKII for another couple days.

I’m listening to ‘Dirty Projectors’ album “Lamp
Lit Prose” it’s like this album was mixed on these IEMs. So fun to listen to.

The Bravado MKII is so excitable and bombastic. It’s on the verge of too much but never is.

I switch to my Andromeda 2020 and I miss the rumble and the sparkle. There is something to be said about DDs & Estats vrs BAs only.

One of the reasons I went with the Andromeda 2020 is the clarity and detail. Yeah I do miss some of that with the Bravado but it’s a good balance. Lots of fun, still serious. I played a Yo-Yo Ma unaccompanied cello suite it was beautiful on the Bravado.

I really do enjoy how the Andromeda puts the music under the microscope. Detail monster. I never miss a beat.

I am looking for my Ying to my Andromeda’s Yang. I think that might be the Dorado 2020.

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #29,887 of 40,731
I have @SBranson ’s Bravado MKII for another couple days.

I’m listening to ‘Dirty Projectors’ album “Lamp
Lit Prose” it’s like this album was mixed on these IEMs. So fun to listen to.

The Bravado MKII is so excitable and bombastic. It’s on the verge of too much but never is.

I switch to my Andromeda 2020 and I miss the rumble and the sparkle. There is something to be said about DDs & Estats vrs BAs only.

One of the reasons I went with the Andromeda 2020 is the clarity and detail. Yeah I do miss some of that with the Bravado but it’s a good balance. Lots of fun, still serious. I played a Yo-Yo Ma unaccompanied cello suite it was beautiful on the Bravado.

I really do enjoy how the Andromeda puts the music under the microscope. Detail monster. I never miss a beat.

I am looking for my Ying to my Andromeda’s Yang. I think that might be the Dorado 2020.
I can see you have the 3DT as well. How are the mids of 3DT compared to Bravado Mk.II?

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #29,888 of 40,731
That’s awesome! I haven’t heard anything about my set yet. Out of curiosity, where did you buy yours? I bought mine from bloom audio. Thanks! 🍻
Musicteck.

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #29,891 of 40,731
Jun 4, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #29,893 of 40,731
Oh yes. I am now listening to the Odin with the W2 and this pairing really works well. As soon as I turned on a song it reminded me of everything I love about the Odin. Balanced signature with bass and subbass when it's needed, resolution and extension both ways forever. Clarity and transparency. This is how music is supposed to sound.

Thanks again for your impressions about the W2 and the Odins/LX.

I got mine now as well and this little thing is really great, especially the HW volume buttons with the possibility to fine adjust in 1/100 steps and the info screen!

Question to you (and all W2/EE owners) - which settings do you use? I left everything on default, set iPhone volume to max / hid key off / high gain and control the volume on the W2. What are you using for:

DAC Filter (Fast = default). I left it there
What to use for „Tune“ 01=gentle 02=refined ?? (I chose 02)
EQ - probably „Normal“(Off) is best (I chose normal/off)

These settings for both, Odins & LX.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #29,894 of 40,731
I can see you have the 3DT as well. How are the mids of 3DT compared to Bravado Mk.II?

The mids on the EE Bravado MKII are more recessed, although can be brought forward with EQ.

That being said the 3DT is 1/2 the price of the EE Bravado MKII and it shows in terms of their resolution and capabilities.

The Bravado is more technically competent and presents as more V shaped. The 3DT being more W shaped, with less extension in the mids and less technical capabilities.

The one thing the 3DT has over the Bravado MKII is cohesion.

3DT is warm and gooey.

Bravado MKII is more excited, sparkly and bombastic. It’s a really fun IEM. It seems like it’s almost too fun and not serious but it can certainly be serious as well depending upon the recording.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #29,895 of 40,731

That's what I thought when I first auditioned the LX. Depending on the source you pair it with, the LX can definitely be a bass head IEM. But, what people don't know is that it performs well technically and can present itself nicely to all music genre including classical music. Now, it is giving it a darker presentation, but still sounds great. I like to listen to my Custom LX as my bass head guilty pleasure. But, when I travel, the isolation of CIEM does a great job at screening airplane noise so I also use them as all arounders when I travel. It does have more of an L-shaped frequency response curve, but you can EQ that to Harmon and it sounds great as a reference monitor when you do it. Although I rarely do since I have other IEMs that serve that purpose. The LX responds very well to EQ and pairing with more transparent sources. Some reviewers will say that the LX have uncontrolled bass. That can happen if you don't have a great source. When you do, the bass is tight and voluminous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back