Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #27,901 of 40,584
I was listening to my Odins on an airplane this past weekend. The guy next to me in the seat across the aisle kept staring at me like he was a stalker. I felt very uncomfortable with it. It turns out that he was fixated on the Odins. He asked me what they were and I told him Empire Ears earphones.
download.gif

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #27,902 of 40,584
If you have the Mest , does it make sense to buy the LX? Are they different enough?

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #27,903 of 40,584
I am not offended in the least. I certainly wouldn't say the Legend X, out of the box, will reproduce Classical well, the secret is a well seasoned X, once the balance is realized.
So many people totally underestimate the LX. I know because I was one of them. They read reviews, see 'bass' (as if that's some sort of handicap), and put it in a pigeonhole. I reckon it's a more versatile IEM than Odin.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #27,904 of 40,584
So many people totally underestimate the LX. I know because I was one of them. They read reviews, see 'bass' (as if that's some sort of handicap), and put it in a pigeonhole. I reckon it's a more versatile IEM than Odin.
I agree..I know I referenced bass a lot in my review, but in the context that, while guttural, in its sub, it is a more balanced IEM than many may think. Ad nauseum, but if you give the Legend X a quick listen or an X that is not seasoned, your focus will shift to bass.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #27,906 of 40,584
Mar 30, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #27,907 of 40,584
I think you are probably right. I know it's what I did. I am heading over to see Empire Ears tomorrow to see Jack and my main intention is to hear the Legend X. I will roll it through my entire demo playlist and keep an open mind. I'll report back what I hear. Anyone want me to A/B test anything for you? I have with me 6 IEMs, 4 Amp/Dac, a DAP, and a partridge and a pear tree.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #27,909 of 40,584
First time posting in this thread and pleased to say I am now the proud owner of a pair of Legend X's. Like many people have posted in here, I am utterly addicted to them and can't remember the last time I looked forward this much to taking time out of my day to kick back and put some tunes on!

To other EE / Legend X owners, have you found an alternative hard shell case that has a divider inside to separate the earpieces and headphone jack? I love the metal case that comes with Legend X's but want to keep that in pristine condition for home use and have another hard shell case that I can use when out and about - particularly one with a divider so the jack does not scratch the earpieces, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #27,910 of 40,584
First time posting in this thread and pleased to say I am now the proud owner of a pair of Legend X's. Like many people have posted in here, I am utterly addicted to them and can't remember the last time I looked forward this much to taking time out of my day to kick back and put some tunes on!

To other EE / Legend X owners, have you found an alternative hard shell case that has a divider inside to separate the earpieces and headphone jack? I love the metal case that comes with Legend X's but want to keep that in pristine condition for home use and have another hard shell case that I can use when out and about - particularly one with a divider so the jack does not scratch the earpieces, any suggestions?

Thanks!
I still feel the Dignis Arca separates the ear pieces the best. However it is not a hard case, but a leather case ( they might also make a nylon case).

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #27,911 of 40,584

Thanks!
I use this with my LX. Seriously the best thing Campfire ever made (and the only Campfire product I own). 😝

Screenshot_20210330-171423_cropped.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #27,912 of 40,584
I use this with my LX. Seriously the best thing Campfire ever made (and the only Campfire product I own). 😝

Screenshot_20210330-171423_cropped.png
Whoa. I've got to get me several of those.

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #27,914 of 40,584
20210330_112544.jpg
Dunu also used these in the Zen release. I first saw them in CA and then with DUNU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back