Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #23,866 of 40,577
My retailer told me that they don't have their retail stock of Odin's and Hero's yet. Hopefully early next week and then they can ship them out. Took a little of the shine off the announcement. Oh well, it's still earlier than the initial September 1st date.

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #23,867 of 40,577
🤷‍♂️ yeah he posted it on his channel ( youtube )
looks really quite bright...
Someone here (not sure who, apologies) called it a technical reference monitor, which suggests it would be on the brighter side of neutral. This graph suggests the same. Whenever I see the bass sitting below the mid/treble peak, it usually means it's not an IEM I'd personally appreciate. That said, a graph can only tell you so much, and doesn't show any of the intangibles, so there's that (probably why EE didn't want this to get out, so folks won't go basing their purchase decisions on graphs).

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #23,868 of 40,577
Someone here (not sure who, apologies) called it a technical reference monitor, which suggests it would be on the brighter side of neutral. This graph suggests the same. Whenever I see the bass sitting below the mid/treble peak, it usually means it's not an IEM I'd personally appreciate. That said, a graph can only tell you so much, and doesn't show any of the intangibles, so there's that (probably why EE didn't want this to get out, so folks won't go basing their purchase decisions on graphs).
Are his measurements typically accurate or reliable?

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #23,869 of 40,577
Are his measurements typically accurate or reliable?
Can't say for sure. He does seem to be there or thereabouts, but I tend to take him with a pinch of salt (his specialty is Chi-Fi IEMs, which he gets directly from Linsoul and others in return for his generous coverage).

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #23,871 of 40,577
Thank you for the intro. @Jack Vang
As of Monday we've officially sold out of all Founder's Editions. Furthermore the demand for both Odin and Hero, even in their standard variant, have far exceeded our expectations and while that's an extraordinary thing that we're extremely grateful for there's a few setbacks that come with it. CIEMs for all new models and the global MKII official release will be pushed back tentatively until the end of the year so that we can focus on the outstanding Odin and Hero orders.

Unless you don't mind waiting I would highly recommend placing your order ASAP through one of our dealers as you may not receive it until late September/early October. The first wave of pre-orders were completely wiped out with the majority of our dealer's 2nd and 3rd orders already being accounted for.

With all of that being said.....

tenor.gif

I will be authorizing the release of all Odin and Heros tomorrow (8/21/20) for shipment

Since my last post we've added a few new dealers to our roster:

MusicTeck (New Jersey)
https://www.musicteck.com/

888 Audio (Florida)
Phone number (850)-888-HIFI
info@888audio.com

All Empire Ears Official Dealers: https://empireears.com/pages/dealers
Thank you @Jack Vang for introducing me to community and really appreciate the opportunity.

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #23,876 of 40,577
We have nothing in Texas. It sucks!

We have nothing in WV either in regards to really HI FI equipment. I went to Cincinnati for my stereo equipment, which is mostly used for movies.

I really would love to have shops like in Japan and Asia nearby.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #23,878 of 40,577
I live in California, and the closest to me (TSAV) is 6 hour drive away...
@CL14715 drove for 9 hours, I know, but still. sigh.

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #23,880 of 40,577
Where I live in Canada it’s 8 hours to nowhere. All blind buys but only mscaler was a mistake. Head-fi sure helps decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back