Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #23,417 of 40,577
They are custom made by @skedra. Top notch quality and super competitive pricing.
Thanks! How do I look into those? They look nice. Contact him directly?

And thank you for going to the mother ship and checking out the Odin. Would have been a 13 hour drive for me from Texas.

I’m still somewhat confused as to how the Odin compares to the LX. I love the LX bass.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #23,418 of 40,577
Thanks! How do I look into those? They look nice. Contact him directly?

And thank you for going to the mother ship and checking out the Odin. Would have been a 13 hour drive for me from Texas.

I’m still somewhat confused as to how the Odin compares to the LX. I love the LX bass.
Yes he’s on here and telegram. He just got some palladium looking stuff headed his way, looks interesting.

I’m glad I made the trip, completely worth it just to meet such a dedicated bunch. Humbling to say the least.

The Odin and LX bass are completely different. The Odin retains the depth and shows up when called for in a recording. The LX is just always booming no matter what. The Odin is NOT light on bass though. It’s very tight, detailed and present. I cannot emphasis this enough though... the clarity of the Odin transcends through all frequencies. The sub bass quantity is a bit more than the Trio.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #23,419 of 40,577
Yes he’s on here and telegram. He just got some palladium looking stuff headed his way, looks interesting.

I’m glad I made the trip, completely worth it just to meet such a dedicated bunch. Humbling to say the least.

The Odin and LX bass are completely different. The Odin retains the depth and shows up when called for in a recording. The LX is just always booming no matter what. The Odin is NOT light on bass though. It’s very tight, detailed and present. I cannot emphasis this enough though... the clarity of the Odin transcends through all frequencies.

Thank you. That helps me. I hope they send these out sooner than 9/1.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #23,421 of 40,577

The Odin and LX bass are completely different. The Odin retains the depth and shows up when called for in a recording. The LX is just always booming no matter what. The Odin is NOT light on bass though. It’s very tight, detailed and present. I cannot emphasis this enough though... the clarity of the Odin transcends through all frequencies. The sub bass quantity is a bit more than the Trio.
When are you going to put your trio up for sale:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #23,422 of 40,577
It's funny as I've said, no freq stands out. Nothing bleeds into the other octave. That's hard to do. The sub bass is amazing. These things will scale. I got them hooked up to a very good headphone amp and I can tell you that the Odin is just sick! I didn't expect what I heard. It was in the single ended mode. He wants the amp back, but will be upgrading my DAC/Server to an even better DAC. I'm going to ask him to do the 2.5mm balanced input. I may be selling my SR25 now and go for either the new AK on that lists for 1700. Not sure if they are upgrading their top DAP anytime soon...(has anyone heard anything?). Are there other top DAP's for me to look into?

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #23,423 of 40,577
It's funny as I've said, no freq stands out. Nothing bleeds into the other octave. That's hard to do. The sub bass is amazing. These things will scale. I got them hooked up to a very good headphone amp and I can tell you that the Odin is just sick! I didn't expect what I heard. It was in the single ended mode. He wants the amp back, but will be upgrading my DAC/Server to an even better DAC. I'm going to ask him to do the 2.5mm balanced input. I may be selling my SR25 now and go for either the new AK on that lists for 1700. Not sure if they are upgrading their top DAP anytime soon...(has anyone heard anything?). Are there other top DAP's for me to look into?
I use the SP2K and the pairing is sublime. Everything I pair with it sounds super. You can find them cheaper on the used boards. Even used you still have to sell an organ to afford it. Which AK are you referencing?

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #23,424 of 40,577
I just bought the new SR25 (I get great deals on AK as my buddy sells them :wink: ). I know their 1700 one is new like the 25 is. I assume they will be close to a new 2000 replacement soon.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #23,425 of 40,577
I just bought the new SR25 (I get great deals on AK as my buddy sells them :wink: ). I know their 1700 one is new like the 25 is. I assume they will be close to a new 2000 replacement soon.
I think that is the SE 200 that you are speaking of.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #23,427 of 40,577

Users who are viewing this thread

Back