Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 4, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #22,852 of 40,577
Economics 101. There is a reason a Ferrari costs more than a Corolla. If you question why:

Sure but there is no question that a Ferrari beats a corolla in all performance metrix so the price is justified. But when u have a top tier iem like the Wraith at 3.5k being beaten by sub 1k iems in performance than that isnt justified.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #22,853 of 40,577
Who is talking about a Wraith? We were talking about PW Audio cables. And as far as the Wraith goes, with enough power flowing into it, it out performs a whole lot of iems at a whole lot of price points. That's the problem sometimes with new tech. Now the Odin comes along and the tech has been massaged enough that pretty much anything can power it.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #22,854 of 40,577
Wish I could upgrade my Valk but I'm sure it's more complicated than that :frowning2:

Also @Jack Vang I know y'all are hella busy, hope you received my email well, miss you guys!
Ha! would be good to have an upgrade program. I would jump in to upgrade my Custom LX.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #22,856 of 40,577
Me too if a Legend X MK2 is announced. Not sure they would do it though.

i hope @Jack Vang can comment on this
in process of ordering legend X since i want a bass cannon (hence why im skipping out on odin)

would suck to order a LX now and then MK2 comes out a few weeks later

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #22,858 of 40,577
Ha! would be good to have an upgrade program. I would jump in to upgrade my Custom LX.

Even though I use a Thor Silver II to tame the LX's bass, I'd still jump at the chance to upgrade to the new woofers.

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #22,859 of 40,577
Even though I use a Thor Silver II to tame the LX's bass, I'd still jump at the chance to upgrade to the new woofers.
Upgrading to the W9’s doesn’t mean it would tame the bass, if that’s what is being suggested
I’m sure they will introduce the LX with the new DDs, and I’m sure the LX will continue to have the same levels of slam as it has today (just “better”). Wouldn’t make sense, in my humble opinion, to tune the LX differently...otherwise why would it need to exist?

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #22,860 of 40,577
Upgrading to the W9’s doesn’t mean it would tame the bass, if that’s what is being suggested
I’m sure they will introduce the LX with the new DDs, and I’m sure the LX will continue to have the same levels of slam as it has today (just “better”). Wouldn’t make sense, in my humble opinion, to tune the LX differently...otherwise why would it need to exist?
And be ( till today ) their best selling iem :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back