Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #22,816 of 40,577
In which part did I express any sort of political views? I merely expressed my opinion on the inclusion of an overly priced cables which originated from a company called Cardas, situated in America. Considering transportation cost, import cost as well as the “premium” cost of the cable, it is only wise to consider a cost-efficient alternative, versus branded boutique cables that is renowned for based on marketing hype phenomenon.
Btw the ea cable came with other we models is an entry model, with good enough quality, does what it’s intended to, and do not have a price label of a kidney. That again, is in my own opinion, and has nothing to do with politics at all. So you can stop taking the moral high ground and throw dirt on others!
Peace out
This is my last word on the subject, so let's not continue it. Suggesting an American company should buy American parts, in this atmosphere at this time, comes across as political.

Now let's drop it, please.

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #22,817 of 40,577
I’m currently more interested in their Mk2 release. The Hero was described as a mini Odin so owning both might end up being an overkill

as to Odin and the whole stock cable discussion, I’ll definitely be spending a while in the intended configuration before trying out some other stuff on it. As @Jack Vang showed us yesterday they spent an insane amount of cash and time experimenting with different cables and that should be honored

THAT I’m waiting to try out as well...patiently

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #22,819 of 40,577
The EVR 2.0 is non-negotiable and I’m still undecided on what else...

EVR 2.0 shouldn’t be too far off from EVR which is tuned more towards studio reference sig., a Hero or Odin would accommodate each other, wouldn’t they?

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #22,820 of 40,577
EVR 2.0 shouldn’t be too far off from EVR which is tuned more towards studio reference sig., a Hero or Odin would accommodate each other, wouldn’t they?
The EVR had some of the most euphonic vocals when I tried it at the canjam last year and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. It’s a sort of guilty pleasure that is need not want :D

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #22,821 of 40,577
ESR 2.0 for me.

DDs really arn't my cup of tea (related to ear fatigue and sensitivity to bass frequencies), while BAs and ESTs are perfect. So a hybrid in that direction gets me excited. It might be a contender to the Spartan IV for me!

Still gonna demo the new kings. But my wallet is waiting for the MKIIs

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #22,822 of 40,577
But what if you combine all of it, and then some, in one?

... after adding oil to the fire, slowly walks away.

I LOVE your reviews. I wish I could write up the way you do. I hope to have something on the Odin's up in a couple of weeks or even sooner. I am so excited about this sound signature. Even though I'm a 2 channel guy and loved my Phantom's, I'm probably more excited about the Odin's for many reasons. I'm in shock as how cool their faceplates have become.

Based on what I've heard, the Hero may become one of the best values in the IEM world. I seems like it really is a true top end sound for a mid/high price.

As for cabling, I will go with Dean's choice, which is what it's shipped with. Very exciting times for EE right now and we are the beneficiary.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #22,823 of 40,577
I LOVE your reviews. I wish I could write up the way you do. I hope to have something on the Odin's up in a couple of weeks or even sooner. I am so excited about this sound signature. Even though I'm a 2 channel guy and loved my Phantom's, I'm probably more excited about the Odin's for many reasons. I'm in shock as how cool their faceplates have become.

Based on what I've heard, the Hero may become one of the best values in the IEM world. I seems like it really is a true top end sound for a mid/high price.

As for cabling, I will go with Dean's choice, which is what it's shipped with. Very exciting times for EE right now and we are the beneficiary.

Once one finds the tone they like the best, better to go with the designer’s intention ...

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #22,824 of 40,577
I wonder if the pre-orders for the Odin FE are going well. Since EE has an enviable reputation and a devoted following, I would think its fans would be jumping on the opportunity of a numbered, limited edition. 200 sets for the world is a very small amount.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #22,825 of 40,577
From ECT’s IG...translation is a little clunky. Seems to confirm ESTAT + BA config, I believe, but nothing about launch timing.
F93F1671-ACA0-4EB5-80CE-F02D52934326.png

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #22,826 of 40,577
And a Bravado MKII? With a W9+ and estat? The latter must be a translation gaf.

I won't post it here, but ECT also shared a pic of a Valk MKII...so it looks like perhaps 4 models in this MKII lineup?
94E54383-7EE4-4C23-9294-9DCD1EF1C73D.png

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #22,827 of 40,577
I was curious about that - if it really is a W9+ and an estat that means the W9+ would actually have to cover the midrange as well.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #22,828 of 40,577
I was curious about that - if it really is a W9+ and an estat that means the W9+ would actually have to cover the midrange as well.
Yes, exactly why I was thinking a translation "oops," but I suppose it's possible?

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #22,829 of 40,577

I won't post it here, but ECT also shared a pic of a Valk MKII...so it looks like perhaps 4 models in this MKII lineup?
The chinese also says W9+ and Estat, so their info could be wrong as well.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #22,830 of 40,577
Not just cables that are over priced, everything in this hobby is over priced, it just that we willing to pay for it

Guys this is not how this business works.

Most of the price of cables is the conductor, plugs, design, shop and the service. Especially if cables are made only by hand, then the service makes most of the price - like 70-90%.

Then if you want to have distribution in this business, you have to go from 30 to 50% off for the distributor and individual dealers. Otherwise it will be not profitable for them to open shop and hire people.

In the US these guys also have a profit federal and state taxes somewhere around 30% if I’m not mistaken. In Europe these taxes vary by the country but for example in Poland we have from 9 to 19% income tax in a company and 23% VAT which may total up to around 34% of the MSRP.

Once you understand that your device or cable is not made up only of the material cost, but there is also hiring people involved, opening the building, designing the product (maybe even for several years before the first sale), and other costs involved, then you understand that only from 5 to 25% of your product price can be made of the material cost.

If not then the company will probably go bankrupt or will never scale to be bigger than a one man operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back