Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #22,726 of 40,577
it seems share sound signature of Ier-z1r and/or Trio. I feel safe with my wallet now. :)
Wouldn't be a bad thing if it fell between the Nio/Trio signature... Can't imagine getting much better than that for what I listen to. By falling between I mean perfecting both and combining the signatures. EE knows what they are doing. Jack wouldn't have been all swagged out in his interview with Jude if he wasn't extremely confident of the end result they achieved. That AND they dropped an IEM no one saw coming in which is probably going to garner a larger portion of the market at the price point. When female vocals are done right, it's hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #22,727 of 40,577
Wellp.

Side note, I'll be demoing Odin soon as local rep gets stock thankfully. See how the cable stacks up. I'm not a fan of 2.5mm but if there's a good adapter anyone can recommend to 4.4mm maybe it won't be too much of a detractor for me. Is Empire releasing a adapter specifically for Odin cable or just one they have already?

Attached are some pretty stout adapters we had PW manufacturer for us. We've had questionable adapters from a few other manufacturers where they cut in and out but these have held up with my day to day abuse for the past year.

https://empireears.com/collections/accessories/products/adapters

Attachments

• ADAPT-websafe (936 x 1404).jpg
    ADAPT-websafe (936 x 1404).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #22,730 of 40,577
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #22,732 of 40,577
was reading the headfonia review - one thing stood out to me the most was driver flex

i've never actually experienced this before - is it a normal thing in EE iems? (ie. legend x, nemesis, valkryie, bravado)

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #22,733 of 40,577
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #22,734 of 40,577
was reading the headfonia review - one thing stood out to me the most was driver flex

i've never actually experienced this before - is it a normal thing in EE iems? (ie. legend x, nemesis, valkryie, bravado)
The weapon need to reload 😅 that’s the flex :wink: just a joke .. it appears with many DD iems or hybrids

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #22,735 of 40,577

Yes, Nemesis has that, a few crackle pops every time you insert them. Quite disconcerting first time you hear it, but nothing to worry about as that's normal with the design.

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #22,736 of 40,577

Am I alone in saying that when I insert my legend x very slowly as to avoid the pops, I enjoy the sound much more when compared to inserting quickly?

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #22,737 of 40,577

Since the shell is vented, I’m surprised there is driver flex.

Aug 3, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #22,738 of 40,577
I believe EE has a lifetime warranty for the W9 drivers if they are ever damaged due to driver flex so no worries there. If you’ve never experienced driver flex it can be a little disconcerting, but this is normal behavior for dynamic drivers.

Aug 3, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #22,739 of 40,577
it seems share sound signature of Ier-z1r and/or Trio. I feel safe with my wallet now. :)

ya

i find driver flex with thinner diaphragms usually, thicker no problem

idk about venting either, cause dunu luna has driver flex from reviewers, and that is supremely well made iem

but ya driver flex should be harmless for well built iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back