Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 6, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #21,226 of 40,577
As long as the tips don't come off in your ear :p
Customs do not have tips... :wink:
So if you remove customs and something comes off in your ear - you got a problem!!

May 7, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #21,231 of 40,577
@forbiddenbeat what sound changes/improvements are yoy seeking from the cable for your Valkyrie ? budget ?

May 7, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #21,232 of 40,577
@forbiddenbeat what sound changes/improvements are yoy seeking from the cable for your Valkyrie ? budget ?

I think more extension and sound stage, if possible. This might sound dumb, but I really enjoy 8-wires and their heft, so I'm really just trying to justify a reason to get an 8-wire (I have a Janus D for my Phantoms and love it). Budget is $1500, less is better of course.

May 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #21,233 of 40,577
I think more extension and sound stage, if possible. This might sound dumb, but I really enjoy 8-wires and their heft, so I'm really just trying to justify a reason to get an 8-wire (I have a Janus D for my Phantoms and love it). Budget is $1500, less is better of course.
I have a guy that makes cables in the UK that rival any cable to can get here and he charges much less. He made me one for Valkyrie and Legend X. He would make you a killer wire for $600 ish... Level 4 Litz

May 7, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #21,235 of 40,577
C4EAF233-DEC3-4DD0-A545-FE8A4E0AB462.jpeg

May 8, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #21,237 of 40,577
Asking this again – does anyone have a cable upgrade recommendation for the Valks? I was thinking of getting the Eros II+ 8-wire, but not sure if there is another option from EA that might be a better fit. Not looking to change the sound signature, just more of the goodness.
I used my custom Valkyries with a PWAudio 1950s cable and the sound was superlative! (love that word), I know that is an expensive cable, but my point is it is a copper cable, where the eros II (which I use, the stock), is copper/silver hybrid. So investing in a quality copper may be an option. i demoed the PWA Monile at canjam, and that sounded fantastic on the Val!, but again, that is a $1,000 cable...

I also use the PWAudio Limited on my CL2: that is an amazing cable! It retails for $200, buy PW says it is very generously priced, and I agree! It's a dark horse bargain...

check here..

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/pw-audio-limited-headphone-upgrade-cable?variant=28656512401468

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/pwaudio

https://music-sanctuary.com/collections/pw-audio

May 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #21,238 of 40,577
I used my custom Valkyries with a PWAudio 1950s cable and the sound was superlative! (love that word), I know that is an expensive cable, but my point is it is a copper cable, where the eros II (which I use, the stock), is copper/silver hybrid. So investing in a quality copper may be an option. i demoed the PWA Monile at canjam, and that sounded fantastic on the Val!, but again, that is a $1,000 cable...

Thank you! I'll check out the PW cables. Someone from Effect Audio recommended the Cleopatra Octa, which looks like it might fit what I'm looking for. Now, to decide whether to spend the money. :)

May 8, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #21,239 of 40,577
Thank you! I'll check out the PW cables. Someone from Effect Audio recommended the Cleopatra Octa, which looks like it might fit what I'm looking for. Now, to decide whether to spend the money. :)
I wouldn't...I owned the Cleopatra 4 wire, and while it is a fabulous cable, the 8 wire version is only slightly better (to my ears); the Cleopatra is VERY smooth and does not suit the DD of the Valkyries at all IMHO: I would go with an 8-wire eros II (or equivalent), or even a quality 8 wire copper based on budget and taste....

May 8, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #21,240 of 40,577
The PlusSound Exo Copper is $150 and will certainly bring out more bass and lessen treble. I'm not sure what it might do to the mids, but it's an excellent cable and certainly worth more than its low price. Eletech has a copper Fortitude for about $200 that is very nice is well. If you aren not looking to break the bank.

Again, knowing your source and IEMs would help in knowing what you are trying to accomplish.

Edit- If you REALLY want bass, the Ares ll+ will do that. It's got a big old bass bump.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back