Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 27, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #21,106 of 40,577
In my limited experience, my EE CIEMs do have a much longer nozzle as compare to a pair of CIEM JH Audio Laylas I have. It did take some time to get use to my EE CIEMs, but now I can wear them for 4-6 hours at a time. Sorry no pics to show right now, I'll try to take some later this week. BTW, @ajyagle did my impressions as well.

Since my impressions are on file at EE, it's taking an incredible amount of will to not order another CIEM from them with the on-going sale.

Also, big kudos to EE for the raffle and helping folks in their community during COVID-19. :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks for sharing! How do you find the isolation? (no pun intended) Because I'm aware that EE does the triple vents at the top. Looking forward to some pics :)

Apr 27, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #21,107 of 40,577
IMG_20200427_110346.jpg]
EE Legend X is a perfect match with Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. Even more fascinating with a touch of Effect Audio's cable. A great cable can spice up your music with your choice of characteristic, this is to fine-tune your setup and give it a final touch.
They look stunning.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #21,108 of 40,577
Thanks for sharing! How do you find the isolation? (no pun intended) Because I'm aware that EE does the triple vents at the top. Looking forward to some pics :)
Isolation for me (LX, so they're vented as you say) is better than it is on my unvented universals, personally. I find that a little strange, but it is what it is.

(edit: specifically, vs. my Fearless S8F)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #21,109 of 40,577
Valkyrie and N6ii - E02 play together nicely! :)

F7A6F5C7-9C1E-438C-879F-66E49EF21F46.jpeg

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #21,110 of 40,577
IMG_20200427_110346.jpg]
EE Legend X is a perfect match with Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. Even more fascinating with a touch of Effect Audio's cable. A great cable can spice up your music with your choice of characteristic, this is to fine-tune your setup and give it a final touch.
I see MACO...instant like!!

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #21,111 of 40,577
Isolation for me (LX, so they're vented as you say) is better than it is on my unvented universals, personally. I find that a little strange, but it is what it is.

(edit: specifically, vs. my Fearless S8F)
That's real good to hear! Its time to do more auditioning of EE lineup when this whole thing blows over

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #21,112 of 40,577
That's real good to hear! Its time to do more auditioning of EE lineup when this whole thing blows over
i think it might just be because the ventholes are genuinely very small:

1588013322753.png

that, in combination with the IEM just being in full contact with my ear canal (as compared to partial thinner contact as with a tip on a uni IEM), perhaps

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #21,114 of 40,577
I've burned in my new Valkyries and loving them, so I'm going to sell the universals and go custom. For no real reason, I also want to buy a cable upgrade for them. I've become accustomed to the heft and thickness of the EA Janus D with my Phantoms, and would love another 8-wire for my Valks. Does anyone have any suggestions on a great pairing from EA? I was thinking of going Eros II+ 8-wire, but curious if I should consider something else. I paired with my Janus D and while it seemed to smooth things out, I sort of preferred the sparkle from the Eros (assuming because of the silver).

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #21,115 of 40,577
Anyone got the Zues from Drop?
The stainless steel nozzle is huge, I am having an impossible time trying I get a good fit.
Any tips on how to get it to fit?

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #21,116 of 40,577
I have one (and an original as well). It takes regular tips, so I don't get what the issue is. In comparing the two, the Drop nozzle is slightly more robust, but FA tips fit with no problems as do my current Sednas. You can't get a seal or what? I have medium Sednas on both with no issues. Change sizes and see if that helps?

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #21,117 of 40,577
Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Question: I have been trying to get in touch with Jack. I emailed and texted, but no response. I called the number I had for him and a woman answered and I didn't understand her.

When I picked up my Phantom's, I was in Atlanta with the wife. The faceplates weren't totally flush (fingernail test) and there was a small 'bubble'. Ethan (used to work there) refused to go ask Jack about it and told me they were fine and that the ridge was normal. Well, I haven't used them that much over the last year and a half as I only travel with them. I even sold my AK 380cu /amp.

I had been using them at home recently, but the faceplate on the one with the bubble fell off (cleanly) and it needs to be fixed. Does anyone know if Jack is over here at all anymore or is there someone else who can help from EE? Thanks all. Pete

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #21,118 of 40,577
Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Question: I have been trying to get in touch with Jack. I emailed and texted, but no response. I called the number I had for him and a woman answered and I didn't understand her.

When I picked up my Phantom's, I was in Atlanta with the wife. The faceplates weren't totally flush (fingernail test) and there was a small 'bubble'. Ethan (used to work there) refused to go ask Jack about it and told me they were fine and that the ridge was normal. Well, I haven't used them that much over the last year and a half as I only travel with them. I even sold my AK 380cu /amp.

I had been using them at home recently, but the faceplate on the one with the bubble fell off (cleanly) and it needs to be fixed. Does anyone know if Jack is over here at all anymore or is there someone else who can help from EE? Thanks all. Pete

Did you try to connect with him through Head-Fi messages? He is still around as I remember him posting on April 18th.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #21,119 of 40,577
Need to figure out how to find and use the messages feature. didn't know we had one, lol. thanks.

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #21,120 of 40,577
Need to figure out how to find and use the messages feature. didn't know we had one, lol. thanks.

It is the envelope on the upper right of the screen.You can also send a message from a person’s profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back