Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #20,296 of 40,591
I'd highly disagree. The Valkyrie is one of the most W-shaped IEMs I've heard in recent memory. It has a prominent upper-midrange more-or-less in-line with the lows. The highs sit just behind.
I listened to it at the Canjam London - might’ve had wrong first impressions

I'll have to experience the Wraith vicariously as I get a bit nauseous just looking at the price tag, unfortunately.
Not a big fan of the wraith myself. Needs enormous power to get a treble extension and when it does it’s really hot, sounds like it’s sizzling

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #20,297 of 40,591
I'd highly disagree. The Valkyrie is one of the most W-shaped IEMs I've heard in recent memory. It has a prominent upper-midrange more-or-less in-line with the lows. The highs sit just behind.

Also my experience with the Valks. Takes a little time to get used to it but the upper midrange is definitely there. Preferred the mids of the Valkyrie to that of the legendx

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #20,298 of 40,591
Sounds pretty in-line with what I'm looking for.

Hard to pass up the black friday discount, even if it means I'd have to find a new home for my Nemesis to justify the purchase...

Does anyone know what a fair asking price would be for some gently used Nemesis? I understand with the sale a new pair runs ~$1300... would 900-1000 be unreasonable? (They have lived on my desk since purchase... no commuting, etc.)

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #20,299 of 40,591
Sounds pretty in-line with what I'm looking for.

Hard to pass up the black friday discount, even if it means I'd have to find a new home for my Nemesis to justify the purchase...

Does anyone know what a fair asking price would be for some gently used Nemesis? I understand with the sale a new pair runs ~$1300... would 900-1000 be unreasonable? (They have lived on my desk since purchase... no commuting, etc.)
List them for the price you’re hoping to get and see if they sell

If not, price drops until they do :)

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #20,300 of 40,591
20191128_090116.jpg
A couple of yo u guys guys were asking for tips, here is the best I could get with any UIEM to date, Comply Duo Flange, keep the sound close to final audio and isolation is perfect as no need to stress with different ear canal sizes. Give it a try.

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #20,303 of 40,591
Dear headfiers,
I own Phantom and Spartan but want to order either LegendX or Valkyrie. The decision is not made yet. What do you suggest? Thank you.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Valkyrie has less rumble, sounds leaner
Legend X has ridiculously phat sub bass.

Valkyrie treble is more intense
Legend X is smoother

Valkyrie mids never take a backseat
Legend X is thikk in the lower regions, I found mids got lost on certain tracks.

Your preference is more personal but that's an ifea of what to expect. if u can, listen to both. I found the Valkyrie to be easily more to my taste.

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #20,304 of 40,591
Your preference is more personal but that's an ifea of what to expect. if u can, listen to both. I found the Valkyrie to be easily more to my taste.

I did listen to Valkyrie but not LegendX but most Headfiers seem to rave LegendX maybe because of the following comparison

Legend X: 7 Drivers, 2 Low, 3 Mid, 2 High, 10 Way Crossover
Valkyrie: 3 Drivers, 1 Low, 1 Mid, 1 High, 4 Way Crossover but has An Electrostatic Driver for the highs, tamed by our world leading EIVEC - Empire Intelligent Variable Electrostatic Control - technology blends seamlessly with a Balanced Armature Driver for the mids and our signature Weapon IX subwoofer for the lows, all precisely controlled by a 4-way synX Crossover Network.

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #20,305 of 40,591
Agree.

I love my LX, but sometimes I would like more energy on the mid/mid high and for that the Valks are the catch. but at the same time, I feel a few things missing when critical listening with Valks.
A couple extra drivers on Valkyrie to increase the separation and details would be great.

Said that, I really like both on their on qualities, but as we all know any IEM is perfect in everything. (if was for that we wouldn't have a few on our collection)

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #20,307 of 40,591
Here, I fixed it for you.

Said that, I really like both on their qualities, but as we all know, no IEM is perfect in everything. (if was for that we wouldn't have a few on our collection)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #20,308 of 40,591
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #20,309 of 40,591
A couple of yo u guys guys were asking for tips, here is the best I could get with any UIEM to date, Comply Duo Flange, keep the sound close to final audio and isolation is perfect as no need to stress with different ear canal sizes. Give it a try.

Quibble: those are SpinFit 240 silicone tips. Love those tips as well. I wish SpinFit made them with bigger bores. Are you listening, SpinFit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back