Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #19,352 of 40,587
Fairly visceral on the LX, but I've definitely heard tracks that demonstrate it better? (the sweep down starting at 2:40 or so qualifies, though). I like the song, though!

Maybe try...

(Definitely get a high quality copy/listen on a HQ streaming service; there's a lot going on basically across the entire frequency spectrum, as you can see below—observe the ~16k mp3 cutoff from youtube, not that there's much going on above there in terms of useful hearing information really.)

But as you can see, this'll deal with your bass—it goes all the way down to 20Hz—as well as your treble. The next song on the album, MSMSMSM, is also a good track to test for visceral...ness. Maybe a better one, even!

Thanks for the reply and that song rec' .. I'll try to find a better version and try it out with the Bravados.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #19,353 of 40,587
it's for albums like these , that we end up buying 2K iems like Zeus XR

sublime space ambient , mind blown ( whoever of you is a fan of psychedelics , make sure your fasten your spaceship seat-belt)

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #19,360 of 40,587
Hey guys! Made a post on the sponsor page, but here it is just in case you miss it. 10% off for Labor Day. Coupon code goes live at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). Hope you all have a great weekend!

head-fi-labor.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #19,362 of 40,587
@SBranson @Vitaly2017

Sorry bout the wait for Valk impressions fellow Canucks. Headfoneshop has my order ready but I havent been able to go pick them up just yet.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #19,363 of 40,587
@SBranson @Vitaly2017

Sorry bout the wait for Valk impressions fellow Canucks. Headfoneshop has my order ready but I havent been able to go pick them up just yet.

I have to admit I have been wondering and was even going to drop you a line..

I'm really talking myself into the Valkyrie these days even with the dearth of reviews and impressions.

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #19,364 of 40,587
I'm thinking of getting a legend X today. Is it a fun listen as I don't want something too analytical. I would like something I can use for several hours a day. I realise they have loads of bass but is it to the detriment of mids and highs?

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #19,365 of 40,587
I'm thinking of getting a legend X today. Is it a fun listen as I don't want something too analytical. I would like something I can use for several hours a day. I realise they have loads of bass but is it to the detriment of mids and highs?

Fun? For sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back