Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #18,391 of 40,587
I almost went with the design below. it was one of the best I saw from them. White is not my favorite color as well, but this combination looks awesome.

upload_2019-7-10_11-41-58.png

Edit:

Ended up with the combination below, with opaque black shells:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZ5Vz4Amni/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #18,392 of 40,587
I almost went with the design below. it was one of the best I saw from them. White is not my favorite color as well, but this combination looks awesome.

Edit:

Ended up with the combination below, with opaque black shells:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZ5Vz4Amni/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Mine is glacier swirl on one and black tie swirl on the other with wings and logo in silver on them respectively. Just can’t get an idea of how it will look on titanium. I guess I will find out. I have no doubts about my 64 Audio design.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #18,395 of 40,587
If titanium has sparkle, I think it will suffice. Just can’t get good pictures on IEM manufacturing designers (not just EE).

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #18,396 of 40,587
Mine is glacier swirl on one and black tie swirl on the other with wings and logo in silver on them respectively. Just can’t get an idea of how it will look on titanium. I guess I will find out. I have no doubts about my 64 Audio design.
EDIT: Sorry, haven't see you posted this picture.

I found this couple designs that should be close to what you're looking for.

https://www.headfonia.com/review-empire-ears-phantom/2/

empire-ears-phantom-7.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #18,397 of 40,587
I will see mine in time. It won’t matter anyway as the shell will be in my ear and the faceplates I like will be seen. :)

This is what I get for asking my wife, LOL. She thought titanium would look great. We will see. I just don’t see that it flows very well, but that is just me. At least it will be unique from the swirls and from the fact no one else would pick my combination, LOL.

I just want to listen to it anyway.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #18,398 of 40,587
I will see mine in time. It won’t matter anyway as the shell will be in my ear and the faceplates I like will be seen. :)

This is what I get for asking my wife, LOL. She thought titanium would look great. We will see. I just don’t see that it flows very well, but that is just me. At least it will be unique from the swirls and from the fact no one else would pick my combination, LOL.

I just want to listen to it anyway.
yeah, mine will be quite a common combination.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #18,399 of 40,587
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #18,400 of 40,587
I sent Devon an email. I am not sure how quickly they get to making the shells.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #18,401 of 40,587
Is that the Eros II 8w? how does it sound compared to the Ares II?

Yes, it is the Eros II 8wire which has smooth high but the mid and the bass not like the Ares II 8wire presentation. Eros II has fuller sound in all spectrum with some lush whereas Ares II has its sweet warm mid and deep bass. Both has same soundstage.
I did try to pair up the Eros II 8wire with Valkyrie (and DX220) at CanJam SoCal. This combination is fun with fantastic SQ.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #18,402 of 40,587
Yes, it is the Eros II 8wire which has smooth high but the mid and the bass not like the Ares II 8wire presentation. Eros II has fuller sound in all spectrum with some lush whereas Ares II has its sweet warm mid and deep bass. Both has same soundstage.
I did try to pair up the Eros II 8wire with Valkyrie (and DX220) at CanJam SoCal. This combination is fun with fantastic SQ.
Nice, as I am getting the Legend X, I would like to get a cable that brings the Mid/Highs a bit forward to avoid overwhelming lows. I also love the lows, so I don't want to get rid of them. Based on the "graph" below, I think the Eros II+ is a good contender.

Here you go:

Mind you, these graphs are not based on specific data, but are rather meant to just give a general impression of the differences you might expect relative to each other.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #18,403 of 40,587
Did anyone tried TUBE AMP with your IEMs? what was your experience and which amp have you used?

PS.: Never heard "tube" sounding before, so I was looking to go slowly with a Little Bear portable tube amp.

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #18,405 of 40,587
Owner of MD Zeus here! Cant wait for them to arrive. What do you guys recommend for an aftermarket cable? And what about pairing them with a Mojo/Poly combo? That should give it more of a warm and smooth signature since they are already neutral right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back