Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #18,422 of 40,559
@mwhals i think you are spending WAY too much time/energy on something as trivial as color/design in a CIEM

it's the sound bro that matters , if the sound sucks no cool color is gonna make your hard-earned money investment worthwhile
if the sound rocks , color will be something you pay attention 5 seconds before inserting them in your ears

besides , what do you care what WE think about how they look ? the only person's opinion that matters is yours

i mean , when you go to vote do you ask other people what president should you vote for ?

just close your eyes , pick one color press the order button

cheers

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #18,423 of 40,559
I went with Ivory White with the Glacier Swirl and Onyx with the Black Tie Swirl. I found that the Cobalt Blue is not a good shade of blue to pair with glacier swirl. I now feel better as I think Titanium is just too muted for my taste.

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #18,425 of 40,559
@mwhals i think you are spending WAY too much time/energy on something as trivial as color/design in a CIEM

it's the sound bro that matters , if the sound sucks no cool color is gonna make your hard-earned money investment worthwhile
if the sound rocks , color will be something you pay attention 5 seconds before inserting them in your ears

besides , what do you care what WE think about how they look ? the only person's opinion that matters is yours

i mean , when you go to vote do you ask other people what president should you vote for ?

just close your eyes , pick one color press the order button

cheers

I generally tend to stick with blue left red right and be done with it :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #18,427 of 40,559
Jul 10, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #18,428 of 40,559
My A12t is blue left and red right

My Legend X is White left and black right.

My Spartan has left blue opaque and right clear pink or orange (they don’t have clear red).
3CC7E085-42D9-4DDD-8441-24F4861ABC1B.jpeg

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #18,430 of 40,559
I was told end of the month timing on my Legend X, which is within the 3 week build time. Awesome! I do not expect my A12t until mid August, but I have not been told a date by them.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #18,433 of 40,559
Did anyone tried TUBE AMP with your IEMs? what was your experience and which amp have you used?

PS.: Never heard "tube" sounding before, so I was looking to go slowly with a Little Bear portable tube amp.
i am also curious on this

My LX have shipped, and i was told they will sound great with my Cayin N8, but not so great on N8 tube section

Any opinions on this mates?

Cheers

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #18,434 of 40,559
I generally tend to stick with blue left red right and be done with it :)
Too many choices, and not something i want to spend an extra peso on

i do love some of the designs y all have chosen tho, the swirls are awesome

i am cheap, and keep it the same as you

i also have surprised myself for years now, how can i always feel in the dark which is right and which is left?

i have no idea how i do it LOL

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #18,435 of 40,559
Did anyone tried TUBE AMP with your IEMs? what was your experience and which amp have you used?

PS.: Never heard "tube" sounding before, so I was looking to go slowly with a Little Bear portable tube amp.

I did have a chance to listen to ALO CDM (Sonotone mini tubes) and source is Fiio X5III. The Phantom has focus, full and punchier sound. That depends on tube character but the Phantom is really good in performing. However, when switching to SR15 as a source the drum in Hotel California was so good and special I have never heard before.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back