Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 1, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #17,851 of 40,587
It's for those ultra-rich in Singapore. The King Arthur is a status symbol more than anything with an IEM that expensive...

Excited to hear what the Wraith sounds like though. New EE always gets me excited!
So when Crazy Rich Asians 2 comes out, they will all be wearing King Arthurs? With even more custom faceplates?

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #17,854 of 40,587
It's for those ultra-rich in Singapore. The King Arthur is a status symbol more than anything with an IEM that expensive...

Excited to hear what the Wraith sounds like though. New EE always gets me excited!
EA's new slogan "For the ultra-rich!"

@Deezel177 soooooooo Valkyrie or Wraith?

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #17,855 of 40,587
EA's new slogan "For the ultra-rich!"

@Deezel177 soooooooo Valkyrie or Wraith?

All I can say is I’ve only heard a version of one of them, and it isn’t quite like anything EE’s done before. Take that as you wish. :wink:

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #17,856 of 40,587
All I can say is I’ve only heard a version of one of them, and it isn’t quite like anything EE’s done before. Take that as you wish. :wink:
I like the sound of that. Their flagships have been quite different. With the departure of Zeus, I'm looking for something new as well. Perfect timing, or as @Devon Higgins and the Empire team put it "just as planned"

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #17,858 of 40,587
OMG after months of research and indeciciveness, i order LX, and today i read about the Wraith

i have yearned for a [air of estats since my Lambdas were stolen a few years ago,and the fools left the amp/power box behind

And now estat in a CIEM,What

i can only hope that they are so radically different from LX that i can justify wanting and buying

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #17,860 of 40,587
OMG after months of research and indeciciveness, i order LX, and today i read about the Wraith

i have yearned for a [air of estats since my Lambdas were stolen a few years ago,and the fools left the amp/power box behind

And now estat in a CIEM,What

i can only hope that they are so radically different from LX that i can justify wanting and buying
i'm sure they'll be a VERY different tuning (maybe the valkyrie will be closer to the LX, if anything), but if you ordered the LX recently enough (and didn't pay for rush shipping), you may be able to get that switched over...

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #17,861 of 40,587

Helpful as always on that matter :) thank you Sir.

Incorrigible : I catched myself several times in the last 24 hours thinking about the design for my custom Wraith. Oh man...this hobby is just about the limit.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #17,862 of 40,587
Along with Deezel, I heard an early prototype of one of the EE models and my jaw actually dropped. It was unlike any IEM I have ever heard, and I own over 35 CIEMs. That being said it was an early version, but I think we are all in for a very pleasant surprise.

If you have just purchased an LX, I definitely would not worry about my LX, the LX is an incredible IEM as well, and I would never consider replacing it in my collection even if I had to limit my collection to my top 3 CIEMS.

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #17,863 of 40,587
Along with Deezel, I heard an early prototype of one of the EE models and my jaw actually dropped. It was unlike any IEM I have ever heard, and I own over 35 CIEMs. That being said it was an early version, but I think we are all in for a very pleasant surprise.

If you have just purchased an LX, I definitely would not worry about my LX, the LX is an incredible IEM as well, and I would never consider replacing it in my collection even if I had to limit my collection to my top 3 CIEMS.

....now THIS was helpful :)

giphy.gif

At the end of the day this all leads to one inevitable fact : my wallet's gonna bleed again. Nice....

EE hp seems to be off right now. I guess they are updating their product line :)......now everything happens very swiftly. Thinking of spending 3k so soon makes me feel dizzy, i think i pass out....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edit: nope, no new product line yet on the EE site..

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #17,865 of 40,587
For those who are thinking about the Massdrop Zeus XlV, mine just arrived and is being burned in. Looks nice, slightly smaller than my XR, the color is nice, the sound (so far) is close to what my XR delivers (in X). The cable, however, had to go. I replaced it within five minutes for an Ares ll balanced, which made a big difference. The stock cable might be nice with a warmer DAP, but hybrids don't work for me with the Zeus/SPKSS combo. For $1K, a very good deal indeed. I'm having my Ares made into an 8-wire with a PSquared plug and I expect very nice things after about 50 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back