Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 10, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #17,656 of 40,587
We had to put up quite the fight to get those crew necks. haha

Quick tally, would you guys rock EE merch if we were to release something?
Is there anything you would want to see? :sunglasses:

Absolutely interested!! esp. in a long sleeved tee.

May 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #17,657 of 40,587
Absolutely interested!! esp. in a long sleeved tee.

Me too! If I get an Empire Legend X, Zeus, or Phantom, I will need the shirt to go with it.

I have a JH Audio Angie for resolution and details, so the next IEM can be for musicality and fun, which might be the Legend X. Just not sure whether to get it now or get a custom Angie and sell my universal first. I am thinking get the new CIEM now and Angie Custom later since I have the Universal now. I may find that I never listen to it anymore anyway.

May 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #17,661 of 40,587
I have an Ultimate Ears T-shirt that I got when I bought my UERM. Can't/shouldn't wear it with my Zeus, though. The only issue I see is wearing an EE shirt and walking around with $2K+ iems might be a bit TOO much advertising.

May 10, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #17,662 of 40,587
I'd rock a black EE hoodie!

May 10, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #17,663 of 40,587
It took a huge leap of faith (apologies to evangelicals:pray:) for me to order the Zeus XR. Of course the price is very significant. I wasn't able to listen to it before ordering, not to mention the recent EE policy against refits. I've had the Zeus for about a month (not including the month it took for a fit adjustment). That's around the time it takes for me to develop a solid judgement about equipment. I still have the same reaction I had the very first time I put them in my ears: I'm gobsmacked!:astonished:

My initial concern was the bass level, based on posts in this thread. Guess it's time for me to hand in my basshead membership card. I use the "R" mode for pretty much everything. The only exceptions are poorly mastered recordings. For my tastes, the Zeus R is a perfect balance of lows, mids & highs. The sound stage is immense for a ciem.

Me too! If I get an Empire Legend X, Zeus, or Phantom, I will need the shirt to go with it.

I have a JH Audio Angie for resolution and details, so the next IEM can be for musicality and fun, which might be the Legend X. Just not sure whether to get it now or get a custom Angie and sell my universal first. I am thinking get the new CIEM now and Angie Custom later since I have the Universal now. I may find that I never listen to it anymore anyway.

My first ciem was the Angie (which I still have). I also felt it has a good resolution, but I hungered for more. In terms of detail, the Angie is a piker compared to the Zeus R. The Angie, with its adjustable bass, is much more of a fun monitor. Fun to listen to but not the most accurate. There's a fair amount of top-end missing in the Angie.

@mwhals, I mean no disrespect!! Your tastes are invariably different from mine (see my sig). Just because I'm stating my personal preference, it shouldn't deter you from your choices.

May 10, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #17,664 of 40,587
It took a huge leap of faith (apologies to evangelicals:pray:) for me to order the Zeus XR. Of course the price is very significant. I wasn't able to listen to it before ordering, not to mention the recent EE policy against refits. I've had the Zeus for about a month (not including the month it took for a fit adjustment). That's around the time it takes for me to develop a solid judgement about equipment. I still have the same reaction I had the very first time I put them in my ears: I'm gobsmacked!:astonished:

My initial concern was the bass level, based on posts in this thread. Guess it's time for me to hand in my basshead membership card. I use the "R" mode for pretty much everything. The only exceptions are poorly mastered recordings. For my tastes, the Zeus R is a perfect balance of lows, mids & highs. The sound stage is immense for a ciem.

My first ciem was the Angie (which I still have). I also felt it has a good resolution, but I hungered for more. In terms of detail, the Angie is a piker compared to the Zeus R. The Angie, with its adjustable bass, is much more of a fun monitor. Fun to listen to but not the most accurate. There's a fair amount of top-end missing in the Angie.

@mwhals, I mean no disrespect!! Your tastes are invariably different from mine (see my sig). Just because I'm stating my personal preference, it shouldn't deter you from your choices.

No disrespect taken. Angie is my first and only IEM, so I have no knowledge on how it compares to other IEMs.

May 11, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #17,667 of 40,587
I would say the LX based with the stock Aries on SE, Female vocals were very lacking and felt veiled on the Phantom...

Funny. I wouldn't agree with this at all....imo female vocals sound beautiful on the Phantom.
Subjective feelings are relative. :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #17,668 of 40,587
We had to put up quite the fight to get those crew necks. haha

Quick tally, would you guys rock EE merch if we were to release something?
Is there anything you would want to see? :sunglasses:
A T-shirt (black of course) with Jack's best pose? :D

JackV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back