Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 7, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #14,581 of 40,571
Just to chime in, had a great experience with @Ethan Groover. Cable had a problem too and it was resolved without much trouble. Their CS is A+. Still listening to my Bravado with a pure silver cable now but I use the Ares II whenever I’m feeling the bass.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #14,583 of 40,571
Just to chime in, had a great experience with @Ethan Groover. Cable had a problem too and it was resolved without much trouble. Their CS is A+. Still listening to my Bravado with a pure silver cable now but I use the Ares II whenever I’m feeling the bass.
Same here. I had a fantastic experience with the customer service and they sorted everything out quickly and easily.

Jul 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #14,584 of 40,571
Thanks to @Ethan Groover for your help those few months back with my ciems, entertaining my almost unreasonable request and creating a ciem that looks so good I am not allowed to post photos anywhere xD

Jul 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #14,585 of 40,571
Just to pile on, Ethan got my new Zeus's Whiplash cable replaced (with an Ares ll) in just a few days when it arrived with a defective wire. No muss or fuss. And Jack swapped out the 3.5 Ares ll that came with my Phantom at CanJam with a 2.5 as soon as he got a shipment of them in. EE's customer service is in the same ballpark as Oppo's (rest in peace) customer service.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #14,586 of 40,571
I'll take a look at Bondic, although the reviews aren't totally reassuring mate. I just don't want to damage the casing, as it's extremely expensive to get them re-shelled again. I've emailed them for a quote as well, because if it's reasonable, then I'd be better off sending them over the pond.

Cheers for the replies, appreciate it.

hey any update on the repair? i got the same problem with my westone es5, the faceplate came off, wiring still intact

Jul 8, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #14,588 of 40,571
somemore pics. Also thanks to @EffectAudio for the excellent cables
NUCGuVP.jpg

KCcHdAF.jpg

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #14,589 of 40,571
started using my Jodi Vac Vacuum Cleaner with my Zeus XR , don't know whether it's a placebo effect or not but i feel like my Zeus sounds cleaner now :ksc75smile:

so again thanx to all the people who mentioned this little bugger here

@NaiveSound check this AMAZING prog house mix , this was a 2002 Bedrock records (John Digweed's record label) project where some Japan DJs mixed strictly Bedrock Records tunes

fantastic selection of tunes , flawless mixing and buildup - great comp.

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #14,591 of 40,571
started using my Jodi Vac Vacuum Cleaner with my Zeus XR , don't know whether it's a placebo effect or not but i feel like my Zeus sounds cleaner now :ksc75smile:

so again thanx to all the people who mentioned this little bugger here

@NaiveSound check this AMAZING prog house mix , this was a 2002 Bedrock records (John Digweed's record label) project where some Japan DJs mixed strictly Bedrock Records tunes

fantastic selection of tunes , flawless mixing and buildup - great comp.

Just wish I could find in Tidal

Jul 8, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #14,592 of 40,571
Just wish I could find in Tidal

if you ever drop by greece bring your 1 TB external disc and we can pass all these comps in glorious flac music

tidal etc are good for mor/comercial stuff , for leftfield/underground you need to go pirate/private trackers

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #14,593 of 40,571
if you ever drop by greece bring your 1 TB external disc and we can pass all these comps in glorious flac music

tidal etc are good for mor/comercial stuff , for leftfield/underground you need to go pirate/private trackers

Waffles.fm is all i got and it's weak in electronica

Jul 8, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #14,594 of 40,571
Waffles.fm is all i got and it's weak in electronica

is waffles still around ? i thought they had closed it down - told you to try the russian tracker it's gonna save you lots of stuff there

btw here is another excellent prog mix , this one even me can not find it (it was issued as bonus cd with a dance magazine back in 2002)

Jul 8, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #14,595 of 40,571
is waffles still around ? i thought they had closed it down - told you to try the russian tracker it's gonna save you lots of stuff there

btw here is another excellent prog mix , this one even me can not find it (it was issued as bonus cd with a dance magazine back in 2002)

Awesome recommendations.

Soulseek usually gets the job done when I need to get those hard to find tracks and mixes.

Posting another mix, not exactly prog house but prog trance and from when I consider trance (and Tiesto) to be at their peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back