Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 29, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #13,831 of 40,581
Ordered and now am just waiting for it to arrive. Haven’t seen anyone using the colors I chose, so will post pics when they’re done.

Janus sounds quite good but ergonomics wise it’s a no no for me

May 29, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #13,832 of 40,581

This really makes me feel confident in my purchase and very excited as i am awaiting the door knock any moment today..
will have to go and download/hear all the tracks you have been listening @Hawaiibadboy , it is inspiring to discover music this way, thank you.
Now, i have N5ii and waiting for R3 to be shipped any moment, but would you say its worth getting DX150?
:beerchug:

May 29, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #13,833 of 40,581
This really makes me feel confident in my purchase and very excited as i am awaiting the door knock any moment today..
will have to go and download/hear all the tracks you have been listening @Hawaiibadboy , it is inspiring to discover music this way, thank you.
Now, i have N5ii and waiting for R3 to be shipped any moment, but would you say its worth getting DX150?
:beerchug:

Your purchase of the E.E. was a really good one. Using the tracks I showed in the vid I know of nothing better. The DX150 is a brilliant design. Mango player is great with it's easy touch panel nav. The bet is that iBasso will work out the bugs and since the DX200 has 13 FW updates under it's belt I think it's a good bet.

May 29, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #13,834 of 40,581
Your purchase of the E.E. was a really good one. Using the tracks I showed in the vid I know of nothing better. The DX150 is a brilliant design. Mango player is great with it's easy touch panel nav. The bet is that iBasso will work out the bugs and since the DX200 has 13 FW updates under it's belt I think it's a good bet.
I had the dx200 briefly and wasnt that impressed with stock amp against Sony 1A, but guess far better with the new amp cards, lagging i remember, but they will sort it out, i am disturbed by prices of new gen daps by Cayin,HIfiman,Paw etc, guess Sony will surprise too, after blowing all my money on the X, will have to be happy with R3 on the go, looks sexy:dt880smile:

May 29, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #13,835 of 40,581
is this tool set an extra package from the standard jodi vac set sold in amazon ? or did they ship it in 2 parts ?

Yes a small set. Like $7 or something like that. amazom

May 29, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #13,836 of 40,581
Ordered and now am just waiting for it to arrive. Haven’t seen anyone using the colors I chose, so will post pics when they’re done.

Janus sounds quite good but ergonomics wise it’s a no no for me

Where did you audition the Janus? You must be overseas?

May 29, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #13,837 of 40,581
Yes a small set. Like $7 or something like that. amazom

doesn't the standard needle do he job on ciems ?

can you post the link please ?

May 29, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #13,838 of 40,581
I had the dx200 briefly and wasnt that impressed with stock amp against Sony 1A, but guess far better with the new amp cards, lagging i remember, but they will sort it out, i am disturbed by prices of new gen daps by Cayin,HIfiman,Paw etc, guess Sony will surprise too, after blowing all my money on the X, will have to be happy with R3 on the go, looks sexy:dt880smile:

Pairs great with the R3.
20180529_222433.jpg

May 29, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #13,839 of 40,581
Where did you audition the Janus? You must be overseas?

Yup I’m in singapore, so pretty easy for me to drop by to audition stuff

May 29, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #13,840 of 40,581
They had the D at CanJam nyc
doesn't the standard needle do he job on ciems ?

can you post the link please ?

It had a brush too and I wasn’t sure. For $7 I just got it. U never know lol. I’m sure the needle it comes with is fine though or Daniel and others would have said so. I just found it on Amazon as well as the company page.

May 29, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #13,841 of 40,581
Well, they are here!!
I can say a lot, but just a few brief impressions:
Much much lighter than expected, very happy about that plus cable is actually light and flexy too, not like an Eros i had once.
BASS!! The first in ear that DM makes sense haha, enjoy the silence sounds anemic these days, but hey, not here, its all about subs coming along deep and impactful, otherwise you dont get lower octave and thats such a shame.
Final Audio tips work great for me, tried Spiral dots, no point.
Next to UM Mentor V3, well, so different, Mentor is much brighter and seems airier, but X is deeper, 3D, sweeter, Mentor seems to provide more details and shimmer, but its not really the case, just so much mellower that at first it seems so, in any case those 2 are in the same league, i could actually be happy with any, it would depend if you crave THAT BASS mostly, but theres more, very diferent approach, Mentor sounds hissy almost on some tracks, X will always be smooth, but far from not having treble detail and sparkle, just a matter of taste.
It feels X is the kind that you need to turn vol up and itll give more without a hint of disturbance which reminds me of my home analogue sound, it goes up, but doesnt shout ever!

So, happy?, Hell, Yes!!
Worth the money?, no in ear is worth that much in my opinion, but if you can, heaven awaits.
Problem is, it sounds like a fine upgrade to someone like me that has had so many totl iems, tho it is not a massive jump to justify spending again that much and knowing i would do again in a year or so for the next big thing. That is just the game tho and on other level it is worth it and X is : bass right, coherence as in a single speaker (no multi driver issues), sweet, balanced, speaker like sound sig, no fatigue. All of this is enough perhaps and it should keep one happy for a while!
I feel this is a monitor that impresses at first but it will do a lot more in a long term listening!!

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #13,842 of 40,581
will be getting the additional earpiece for my Legend X. hopefully my WM1A still able do justice to the Legend X. I did this without any audition, as I know, if AAF EVO (just sold the TIA Fourte and U18T, really make me think twice about getting Fourte) and so many other had gone custom Legend X, it must be really good.

May 29, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #13,843 of 40,581
i was actually very impressed with the mason v3, but overall i still feel like the legend have a slight edge for my library

May 29, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #13,844 of 40,581
Yup I’m in singapore, so pretty easy for me to drop by to audition stuff
Do they also have the 8 wire Leonidas there as well? I'm really interested in how it compares to the Janus D. I currently have the 4 wire Leonidas and like it a lot paired with the Phantom.

May 29, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #13,845 of 40,581
Do they also have the 8 wire Leonidas there as well? I'm really interested in how it compares to the Janus D. I currently have the 4 wire Leonidas and like it a lot paired with the Phantom.

well i tried it at effect/euphoria so most probably they have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back