Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 26, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #13,771 of 40,577
Yes, the boost exists somewhere around the midrange and the upper-bass. I personally think a cable that neutralises the lower-midrange hump and the lower-treble peak would work best with both settings. The Lionheart, Eos and 2-wire 1960s (if you don't mind a bit of warmth) are my personal favourites. The Horus is excellent as well, but quite a ways away from my budget. :D

eos is great , i compared it again with the pw5 and it makes Zeus XR sound more linear and it also makes the bass more concise and controlled.

and for the price ? a bargain.

you were right (once more), this is a great cable for my XR :ok_hand:

May 26, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #13,773 of 40,577
I'm actually butthurt I said that myself , I love Zeus but can only own 1 thing

You should choose your genitals. Ultimately, more important than TOTL IEM.

May 26, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #13,774 of 40,577
The Legend X's bass is executed at perfection, It does not interfere with other parts of the track at all. Vocals are very clean and not muddy at all. Bass guitar and strings vibrate like they are next to you. Bass notes are always behind the vocals, nothing is covered up by the bass that the Weapon X drivers deliver. Coming from ZeusXR, I do not feel any sense of layback / recessed mids or vocal from the Legend X at all. To be fair, I would say the vocal on the Legend X lean slightly towards to upper mids. Vocals are up front, very well separated from the rest of the track and the bass backs everything up with the energy. The wide sound stage is the core factor that allows great separations of all elements in the track with a powerful sub bass in the far back.

After 3 days of listening to my pair of Legend X, it seems that the treble of my pair of custom Legend X is smoother than the Universal one with Final Audio tips? If I recall correctly, the universal Legend X seems to have slightly more treble present. But I am not `100% sure on that. I may need to go and compare side by side my custom versus the universal later.
This post is like an epinephrine injection. Can't wait to get mine

May 27, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #13,775 of 40,577
20180527_195142.jpg
20180527_200045.jpg

May 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #13,777 of 40,577
after reading countless review and with limited available demo, I will finally zoom down to buying empire ears product (I wont consider fourte, u18t, andromeda or atlas) with the latest technology on offer.

however they are so many model that I like, Zeus R, Phantom and Legend X. I dont have the budget to own all, and with memorial day offer expiring soon, I need to make a choice.

would anyone tell me which model is closest to this (a blend of Fourte and Legend X) ? I have to pull the trigger before 29 May.

May 27, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #13,778 of 40,577
after reading countless review and with limited available demo, I will finally zoom down to buying empire ears product (I wont consider fourte, u18t, andromeda or atlas) with the latest technology on offer.

however they are so many model that I like, Zeus R, Phantom and Legend X. I dont have the budget to own all, and with memorial day offer expiring soon, I need to make a choice.

would anyone tell me which model is closest to this (a blend of Fourte and Legend X) ? I have to pull the trigger before 29 May.

my only 2 cents here - if you decide and go for Zeus R , go for the XR version - 300$ more but you get terrific versatitlity due to having 2 TOTL signaures in one shell

have not tried/owned legend/phantom so can not comment which one to buy - i have zeus xr , am happy but if i had money i would have bought also legend and phantom

good luck.

May 27, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #13,779 of 40,577
If you like heavy music, EDM, orchestral, probably forgo the Zeus. It handles bass and timbre well, but it doesn't add it if it's not there. It's very transparent, very detailed, very open. I only tried the Legend for a minute, way too warm and smooth for me. If you like warm and smooth, that might fit your needs. The Phantom resides to some degree in the middle. It's warmer than the Zeus, lots more oomph from the middle on down, not as much detail up above, and certainly not as transparent. It's a very good IEM. However, I don't love it the way I love my Zeus and am considering selling it due to lack of use. And I agree, the Zeus XR is the way to go if you for the Zeus. It really comes down to what music you listen to and what your preferred sound signature is. No one can really tell you what to get. Weigh the options carefully.

May 27, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #13,780 of 40,577

If the highest level of clarity is what you're after ala the Fourte, then I'd probably recommend the ESR or the Zeus-XR. Both err on neutral and emphasise stage cleanliness. The ESR's main drawback will be its relatively modest technical performance compared to the flagships (i.e. resolution, stage expansion, imaging precision, etc.) and the Zeus's will be its uniquely-tailored midrange, compared to the Tia Fourte's more mainstream, crisp and cut-and-dry approach. But, if bass is a priority as well, the LX is definitely the way to go. The LX will have a busier stage, because of its dynamic and engaging presentation, but it will top the ESR and rival the Zeus in terms of stage expansion, note body, imaging and resolution. @PinkyPowers owns both the LX and the Fourte and he can give you a clearer comparison between the two, but those are my two cents.

EDIT: The Phantom I find fantastic as well, but if you're trying to find a mix between the Fourte and the LX, then the Phantom will be way off what you're looking for.

May 27, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #13,781 of 40,577
If the highest level of clarity is what you're after ala the Fourte, then I'd probably recommend the ESR or the Zeus-XR. Both err on neutral and emphasise stage cleanliness. The ESR's main drawback will be its relatively modest technical performance compared to the flagships (i.e. resolution, stage expansion, imaging precision, etc.) and the Zeus's will be its uniquely-tailored midrange, compared to the Tia Fourte's more mainstream, crisp and cut-and-dry approach. But, if bass is a priority as well, the LX is definitely the way to go. The LX will have a busier stage, because of its dynamic and engaging presentation, but it will top the ESR and rival the Zeus in terms of stage expansion, note body, imaging and resolution. @PinkyPowers owns both the LX and the Fourte and he can give you a clearer comparison between the two, but those are my two cents.

EDIT: The Phantom I find fantastic as well, but if you're trying to find a mix between the Fourte and the LX, then the Phantom will be way off what you're looking for.

I'm sure he'll stumble upon my review in his research. I certainly don't wish to spend my Sunday morning rewriting it for him. :beerchug:

May 27, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #13,782 of 40,577

being a brand agnostic, wouldnt the Trio be a better representative of a mix between the Fourte and the LX? or if you wish to stick with EE, the Nemesis with a detail oriented cable perhaps?

May 27, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #13,784 of 40,577
When using universal fit Zeus what different tips have you used and how do they differ in sound?
have only tried final audio and spiral dots on mine, final audio tips probably gives a slight increase in bass, gives me a slightly warmer impression as compared to the spiral dots

May 27, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #13,785 of 40,577
The consensus has been Final Audio. In fact, Jack included Final Audio tips with the Phantom I bought, whereas my Zeus came originally with SpinFits. The Finals have a wider bore opening, and that seems to make a positive difference in sound transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back