Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 15, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #13,471 of 40,587
I did the second impression for EE Spartan with the same Audiologist but the procedures were the same which bite block between the front teeth (not sideway as sown in your picture) and should be in the relaxing position. However, I feel little tighter with the Miracle than with the Spartan...
I think when you bite down harder on bite block your ear canals get smaller as all muscles around your ears are contracting...not relaxing!

I wonder the wider your open your mouth the better the fit?

On my first time getting the impressions done I believe I had the block sideways in the middle of my mouth which is around 0.75 inch wide, where as if I had of had it tall ways it would have been one inch wide.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #13,472 of 40,587
Is mostly everyone using the supplied Ares with their LX ?

i use the LX with the Leonidas and i love this pairing (especially together with hugo2).

May 15, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #13,474 of 40,587
i use the LX with the Leonidas and i love this pairing (especially together with hugo2).

After a month, I still haven't even tried it as I'm loving the pairing with Lionheart.

Yep I plan to use my Leo w it also. I’ll definitely try out the Ares though, if it’s good enough I’d probably sell my Leo

May 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #13,477 of 40,587
Yep I plan to use my Leo w it also. I’ll definitely try out the Ares though, if it’s good enough I’d probably sell my Leo

What?? Wait... but why on earth would you do that? :D The Leo is a heavenly jewel and loves the Legend. And the Legend loves the Leo. Love based on reciprocity! Leo and Legend are one. And you want to tear them apart?... just like that? Dont you have a heart?

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #13,478 of 40,587
What?? Wait... but why on earth would you do that? :D The Leo is a heavenly jewel and loves the Legend. And the Legend loves the Leo. Love based on reciprocity! Leo and Legend are one. And you want to tear them apart?... just like that? Dont you have a heart?

I'm kind of feeling opposite for reasons I cannot explain. Since the LX has such big, massive sound with rather large shells, I feel like my Leo cable is too small and dainty to be paired with it. I have absolutely no reason to think this, other than that I am insane.

My Norne Silvergarde S cable comes back to me this weekend. It is the largest, most uncomfortable cable I have ever owned, so it should fit the bill nicely LOL

-Collin-

May 15, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #13,479 of 40,587
Well I finally ordered my custom LX's! Went with this color combo, kinda basic but I really like it.

d2512c17286d72d034588f5d25144482.png

I didn't rush order these but if my LX sell here soon I'm pretty positive I'll do that since I won't have any IEMs.

HUGE shout out to @Ethan Groover for helping me throughout everything.

May 15, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #13,480 of 40,587
@aaf evo Awesome design!!! Please post pictures of them when you receive them.

May 15, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #13,481 of 40,587
I still think I like pairing the Ares II+ with the LX. I embrace its warmth!

May 15, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #13,482 of 40,587
I'd like to give Han Sounds Redcore with my LX a go. Really curious how this combo sounds...
For the Phantom the Lionheart is the perfect match imo. No need to change this.

May 15, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #13,483 of 40,587
I'd like to give Han Sounds Redcore with my LX a go. Really curious how this combo sounds...
For the Phantom the Lionheart is the perfect match imo. No need to change this.

I'm personally not too crazy about LX + RedCore pair up, just tried it. While it brings upper mids a little forward and adds some sparkle to treble, it boosts mid-bass to another level and makes it more hollow. I mean, if you are a true basshead, you probably going to soil your pants, but for me personally it was way overwhelming. In comparison and relative to low end impact, I find Ares II to keep bass under better control.

May 15, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #13,484 of 40,587
Just got the Leonidas (upgraded from a Thor II) which pairs amazingly well with the Legends, so liquid!

May 15, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #13,485 of 40,587
Just got the Leonidas (upgraded from a Thor II) which pairs amazingly well with the Legends, so liquid!

You shall find that the Leonidas pairs well with pretty much everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back