Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 14, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #13,456 of 40,582
Just got my ear impressions redone and got the okay to send them in. Now I have to decide what sort of color combo I want for my LX. This won’t be easy lol

WHAT?! You've had all this time to figure that out! :)

btw, what was wrong with your first impressions? Did Ethan say?

May 14, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #13,458 of 40,582
Am I the only one here who is working backwards? I started with the Legend X and now am dying to try one of the Zues variants :)

Zues XR seems like a nice one to go alongside it!

-Collin-

May 14, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #13,459 of 40,582
Am I the only one here who is working backwards? I started with the Legend X and now am dying to try one of the Zues variants :)

-Collin-

No, unfortunately you are not the only one....the Zeus really would sit perfectly between Mr. Legend and the Phantom.

But first my custom Phantom has to arrive and work properly.... *cough*

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #13,460 of 40,582
I just received my Legend X monitors. The left hand monitor does not seem as tight a fit as the right one.

I got a new impression done for my left ear.

Before I send this off to Empire Ears the person taking my impressions told me to place the bite block between the teeth on the left of my mouth. So side ways touching the bottom and top teeth. Is that going to cause problems?

Q10rLMm.jpg

May 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #13,461 of 40,582
I just received my Legend X monitors. The left hand monitor does not seem as tight a fit as the right one.

Before I send this off to Empire Ears the person taking my impressions told me to place the bite block between the teeth on the left of my mouth. So side ways touching the bottom and top teeth. Is that going to cause problems?

Q10rLMm.jpg

holy sh*** :D
Is that serious? I'd say your mouth is quite wide open.
My audiologist just told me to relax my jaw and keep the mouth open with maybe 1" space between the front teeth...without any movement.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #13,464 of 40,582

Whoa! YGPM. I'd be happy to help you resolve the fit issues, and though new impressions may help, they may also not be necessary.
I would always advise coming to me or going through the Empire Ears contact page for help with fit issues or anything else!

May 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #13,467 of 40,582

Q10rLMm.jpg

holy sh*** :D
Is that serious? I'd say your mouth is quite wide open.
My audiologist just told me to relax my jaw and keep the mouth open with maybe 1" space between the front teeth...without any movement.

I did the second impression for EE Spartan with the same Audiologist but the procedures were the same which bite block between the front teeth (not sideway as sown in your picture) and should be in the relaxing position. However, I feel little tighter with the Miracle than with the Spartan...
I think when you bite down harder on bite block your ear canals get smaller as all muscles around your ears are contracting...not relaxing!

May 14, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #13,468 of 40,582
I know lmao, whoops!

Yeah there wasn’t enough material used on the outer ear. Second set were fine though :)

Remember to post pictures! Personally I already have planned out my design, just can’t decide between getting a custom phantom to replace my universal or getting a legend x

May 14, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #13,469 of 40,582
Is mostly everyone using the supplied Ares with their LX ?

I've been having a blast with the plusSound Tri-Copper Exo. Really warms up the treble and beefs up the bass. It's a bit extreme, but oh so fun. :D

May 14, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #13,470 of 40,582

-Collin-

well i actually just pick up a demo set of Zeus XR universals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back