Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 27, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #12,121 of 40,587
Never owned Amp 5 but I have Amps 3 and 4. Amp 3 was awesome with the Phantom. Amp 4 improves it with a deeper sub bass (I know I flipped my thoughts on this - never underestimate burn in on the DX200 Amps! Also burned in the Phantom more.), better layering and a more enveloping soundstage. Everyone has their own tastes and so on but I would be shocked if you didn't find the pairing to be to your liking :L3000:

I was one of those who adapted early-ish on with the DX200 and received a unit plagued with the Ghost Swipe bug. Paul from iBasso replaced my device and it has been operating flawlessly since then. I find the complaints on lag in Mango mode to be grossly overstated, but in any case frequent software updates have sped things up.

Just to tie this back to the thread... yes, thre DX200 and Amp 4 pairs outstandingly with the Phantom, so highly recommend it for your shiny new (or still shiny but not new) EE iems:ksc75smile:

+1 here, I was also among the first to order and it has greatly improved although I would say an open system that has more features will never be as speedy and lag free as a closed system (although I found the WM1A back in the days not that snappy). It’s snappy enough as @fuhransahis said in Mango mode smooth enough (for me). I have never tested the Lurker firmware maybe I should as it appears to be a great one. But mostly for me, DX200 great value is in the amp rolling :) iBasso has been very smart as the signature of the various amps is really different. AMP4 and 5 with the high voltage swing design provides so much more headroom and dynamics... AMP3 was the first great amp for the DX200. AMP1 and 2 can be considered prototype compared to those 3... Not sure what AMP6 has in store for us, seems to be the new default AMP for DX150 and not sold separately.

Ah ah well she can realize you got a new toy, but maybe not how much it cost and there would be shock and awe :p My own take is as long as it doesn’t impact my ability to provide for the family and wife I don’t need to go into specifics :wink:

Thanks for your input gentlemen. That’s very reassuring.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #12,122 of 40,587
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be helping out at the Empire Ears booth for the first day of Canjam SoCal, I'll be there the whole time so, if anyone is interested in meeting me in person, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting many of you there.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #12,123 of 40,587
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be helping out at the Empire Ears booth for the first day of Canjam SoCal, I'll be there the whole time so, if anyone is interested in meeting me in person, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting many of you there.
Awesome, see you there! :palm_tree:

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #12,125 of 40,587
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #12,127 of 40,587
Can I get the ticket at the door on Sunday morning since I do not know how will my busy schedule be until that day. Thanks!
Yes you can - see you then!

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #12,129 of 40,587
At least @Dellwolf and I will be there. See you soon!
I actually will only be there the Friday before Canjam starts and then Saturday. I really wish I could be there on Sunday, but all of the flights from LA back to Charlotte are full on Sunday, so I'm having to leave Saturday night. I'm still in high school so I can't really risk missing school this close to the end of the school year. Nearing AP exam time.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #12,130 of 40,587
I actually will only be there the Friday before Canjam starts and then Saturday. I really wish I could be there on Sunday, but all of the flights from LA back to Charlotte are full on Sunday, so I'm having to leave Saturday night. I'm still in high school so I can't really risk missing school this close to the end of the school year. Nearing AP exam time.
No worries at all. Congratulations in advance for passing your AP exam!

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #12,131 of 40,587

Good luck on your upcoming AP exam.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #12,132 of 40,587
No worries at all. Congratulations in advance for passing your AP exam!
Thanks! I'm just trying to save money in college next year

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #12,133 of 40,587

Users who are viewing this thread

Back