Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #11,521 of 40,560
Would love to get custom Phantom as well but due to prior experience with another brand of ciems, I am worried that the right ear piece would constantly lose its seal. Guess I'll just have to make do with my universal Phantom.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #11,522 of 40,560
Like a great red wine, the wait will be worth it as I savor the flavor of my custom Phantoms. I will hold them up to the fire as I look at the beauty of the BA’s and wiring through the Royal blue translucent shells. I’ll briefly glance at the bluish PC board face with the set of mini wings as I gently guide them into my ears. I’ll feel the substantial and great sounding Effect Audio cables as I plug them into my Ayre QX5 DAC/AMP. I’ll start with my 24/192 audiophile recordings and then the 384 DSD stuff.

Sorry, starting to dream. Hello reality
Here, just read this till then.......
n91643.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #11,527 of 40,560
LOL...we are all waiting patiently, lol. I can't wait. I may even have a surprise set of photo's to share with all if things work out for something coming up this weekend. Can't share more than that, but I'm hoping custom means just that. lol.
Oh that would be cool! Do we all need to back you up and pressure Ethan a bit more? Because we will! We're all addicts looking for a fix at this point! :D
I was ready to wait for 3 weeks. At least I told myself that. Then someone posted pics of his Phantom and I wondered why I lied to myself about being able to wait and immediately asked Ethan if I could pay the rush fee lol. Certainly don't regret paying to get it sooner, I applaud those of who who are more patient than I in being strong enough to hold out :ksc75smile:
You have no idea... I have wanted them since they were still prototypes, all the time being tortured by Nic with impressions. He was like...
:imp: "These are so good that I forget to listen to anything else." :imp:
And I was like...
:innocent: Really? :innocent:
:imp: "Oh yes, these are the ones for you!" :imp:
:innocent: Oh? :innocent:
:imp: "They are incredibly natural and accurate." :imp:
:innocent: *drool* :innocent:
:imp: "Their coherency is outstanding." :imp:
:innocent: [knees wobble] :innocent:
:imp: "They also very naturally reproduce male and female vocals." :imp:
:innocent: [collapses from sheer excitement] :innocent:

So after regaining consciousness and a brief period of rehabilitation, I have been waiting (im)patiently for them and they should come later this month. :D
Would love to get custom Phantom as well but due to prior experience with another brand of ciems, I am worried that the right ear piece would constantly lose its seal. Guess I'll just have to make do with my universal Phantom.
Now say that last bit without that smug grin on your face! :wink: :sweat_smile:

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #11,528 of 40,560
@Wyville i think you should start a youtube channel called 'Angie and Devi' with those 2 lovely chaps of yours , discussing the pros and cons of buying hi-end TOTL ciems

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #11,529 of 40,560
Oh that would be cool! Do we all need to back you up and pressure Ethan a bit more? Because we will! We're all addicts looking for a fix at this point! :D

You have no idea... I have wanted them since they were still prototypes, all the time being tortured by Nic with impressions. He was like...
:imp: "These are so good that I forget to listen to anything else." :imp:
And I was like...
:innocent: Really? :innocent:
:imp: "Oh yes, these are the ones for you!" :imp:
:innocent: Oh? :innocent:
:imp: "They are incredibly natural and accurate." :imp:
:innocent: *drool* :innocent:
:imp: "Their coherency is outstanding." :imp:
:innocent: [knees wobble] :innocent:
:imp: "They also very naturally reproduce male and female vocals." :imp:
:innocent: [collapses from sheer excitement] :innocent:

So after regaining consciousness and a brief period of rehabilitation, I have been waiting (im)patiently for them and they should come later this month. :D

Now say that last bit without that smug grin on your face! :wink: :sweat_smile:
Sure I have a smug grin on my face right now but I'm guessing you'll have the last laugh once the customs come in. :grin:

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #11,530 of 40,560
Has anyone a graph measurement of Phantom?

I just want to see its graph, regardless of how accurate it may or may not be. For reference purpose.

Thanks.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #11,531 of 40,560
@Wyville i think you should start a youtube channel called 'Angie and Devi' with those 2 lovely chaps of yours , discussing the pros and cons of buying hi-end TOTL ciems
Great idea, hehe! :D Funny thing is that my family has been telling me I should start a blog because of all the silly stories I come up with and my tendency to bring inanimate objects to life. I still have a really neat head-fi related stop-motion project in mind, but have not got around to trying out if it would actually work.
Sure I have a smug grin on my face right now but I'm guessing you'll have the last laugh once the customs come in. :grin:
Oh, but I am going universal as well! Left ear issues with CIEMs. :D

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #11,532 of 40,560
Has anyone a graph measurement of Phantom?

I just want to see its graph, regardless of how accurate it may or may not be. For reference purpose.

Thanks.

There is one on Head-Fi, but @flinkenick states that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the graph he and EE created. So, I'd recommend against using it.

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #11,533 of 40,560
There is one on Head-Fi, but @flinkenick states that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the graph he and EE created. So, I'd recommend against using it.

ah, okay then. Thanks for letting me know.

It's just that I wanna know what's @flinkenick ideal graph since he kind of mentioned it during the Phantom talk. Lol.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #11,535 of 40,560
So glad a few of you enjoyed my discussion about my fantasy Phantoms. Wow, that sounds like something out of Phantom of the Opera. I may have to call Andrew Lloyd Webber about this one.

On a totally different note, I do find it interesting that everybody is so into graphs when discussing IEMs of any sort. I know that graphs mean something, however they obviously are not the be-all end all by any means. I think part of this situation is due to the fact that there aren’t enough outlets for us to go listen to said IEMs. Regardless of what company, there just aren’t outlets to go listen so graphs have to suffice at times. I will say that I find it interesting that nearly everyone who has written about the Phantoms, who has spent any time with them, has said the exact same things about them. I believe strongly, that there are so few if any IEMs that are this neutral and this extended in both directions, that it’s a rare gem to find an IEM like the Phantom.

For EE to then come up with another line like the Legend X at the same time for all is just unbelievable. I’m not into hype, even though some of my postings may seem that way, but if you think about it, it’s very rare for a company to give three top of the line IEMs for people to enjoy. Just go to any of the CanJams or the larger stores in Asia and listen. I think that’s the only way to truly hear the magnitude of what EE has accomplished.

Pros to Dean, Jack and Catherine for nailing this. It’s the only reason I’m even here posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back