Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #4,442 of 40,577
Which tip do you recommend with the zeus R to get a good bass response with big ears? The large spin fit is to small and I don't get any low frequency with it

Eartips suggestion is not easy because we all have a different ear anatomy.  Doesn't matter if you have a giant Dumbo or a little mouse ears
biggrin.gif
 it's all about your earcanal width and depth.  With full size cans, the size of your ears plays a big role when you are choosing on-ear vs over-ear and deciding on earpads, but with in-ears it's all about your earcanal and getting a proper seal.  The width of an earcanal is obvious, and if yours is wide than you need to use the largest eartip with a springy cap to seal it well.  The depth is usually dictated by how straight or angled your earcanal where a straight one can accept double or triple flange eartip since you can have a deeper insertion, while with a shallow insertion you have to stick with a single flange tips.  Foams are great since they expand, sealing the earcanal, but I personally find them sucking the energy out of highs and boosting lows, just my personal experience per my ear anatomy
biggrin.gif
  I can't fit any double or triple flange ones cause my earcanal insertion is shallow due to a sharp turn and also my earcanals are wide, so for example Spinfits don't work for me since their cap is soft and doesn't seal my freaky ears well enough.

For me personally, I found a success using these hybrid silicone tips from Penon audio, each set is $3.99 shipped: http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-Grey-Red-Eartips and http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-In-ear-Silicone-Eartips .  Also, right now with my Z-XRA review pair I'm using FLC8 eartips, but they are not sold separately.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #4,443 of 40,577
That's the challenge. We've been selling the current version of the Savage line to musicians and a few audio enthusiasts but I think the "bass lovers" will really want more. They're balanced as is right now but a little extra bass won't hurt =) Current owners will be eligible for a upgrade/conversion when the time comes.

Also! We'll be starting our Black Friday sale tonight at 12 A.M. EST. 

The savage 5 was amazing when i tried it but it lacked the vocals but it had everything from deep bass, deep vocals but the voclas clarity was just lacking.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #4,446 of 40,577
Nov 23, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #4,447 of 40,577
mmm RHA doesn't ship to france....so bad...
Do Ortofon tips fit on Zeus ? 

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #4,448 of 40,577
Would the only reason not to go with an ADEL equipped model be if you always had to have maximum isolation? I'm getting ready to possibly place an order and I'm just curious.  Also, can anyone point me to any info on how much isolation the different ADEL modules provide?

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #4,449 of 40,577
Would the only reason not to go with an ADEL equipped model be if you always had to have maximum isolation? I'm getting ready to possibly place an order and I'm just curious.  Also, can anyone point me to any info on how much isolation the different ADEL modules provide?

It changes sound signature

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #4,450 of 40,577
I'm impressed with you guys' tolerance to protruding iems 
ksc75smile.gif
 Those are yuuuuuuge (yes, that voice, damn bozo's a meme and potus)
Of course I'd still want to see if an Adel module would add value to my sessions, otherwise I sure don't want to get one, took me long enough to get used to sleeping with the Zeus R. 
Star Trek Tricorders vs FitBits ^^ Future is gonna be goooood

Jack, if you find a way to make the Zeus R sound, in a lower profile package, hit me up okay 
ph34r.gif
 we goin ninjutsu this time

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #4,452 of 40,577

That's the challenge. We've been selling the current version of the Savage line to musicians and a few audio enthusiasts but I think the "bass lovers" will really want more. They're balanced as is right now but a little extra bass won't hurt =) Current owners will be eligible for a upgrade/conversion when the time comes.

Also! We'll be starting our Black Friday sale tonight at 12 A.M. EST. 

Onyx Resonance Chamber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back