Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 15, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #4,156 of 40,713

Also limited to 100 pieces worldwide. And very expensive.

may be more than Zeus-XR ADEL
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #4,159 of 40,713
  @Canyon Runner Would you please enlighten me on how to adjust MAM module? I feel like bass from MAM is bloated compare to G1. Did I do something wrong?

Here is the MAM user manual:

Here is a drawing and description to help you understand the MAM operation better:

clip_image002.jpg

1.       All the way out CLOSES the ambient port, thereby defeating the ADEL membrane as it can't move because it can't compress the air trapped behind it.

2.       All the way IN opens the ambient port completely, but ALSO tensions the membrane - which increases the bass response under open ambient conditions.

3.       Halfway between these extremes, the membrane is most compliant (floppy) because the ambient port is fully open and the tensioning apparatus is not engaged at all. This position mitigates pneumatic pressures most effectively, but the bass may seem lacking at first until your ears have a chance to relax (up to 10 minutes). The bass should then become much fuller and faster, because the unnatural resonances of your sealed ear canal  and in-ear pneumatic pressures have been mitigated.

If the bass is still lacking after full relaxation, try adjusting the MAMs slowly in or out to suit your taste, but without fully closing them (moving them all the way out), as this can trigger your acoustic reflex, thereby possibly making it necessary for you to allow your ears to relax again.

The extreme positions, 1. all the way OUT (closed) and 2. all the way IN (open, but tensioned) may sound similar because these both impinge more pneumatic pressure on the ear drum due to the fact that the ADEL membrane is immobilized by 1. Static air pressure (all the way OUT or CLOSED) or 2. Mechanical tensioning (all the way IN, or OPEN BUT TENSIONED).

The "right" ADEL adjustment will be somewhere between these two extremes, depending on how much pressure is retained in your middle ear, your listening preferences, the altitude you are listening at, whether your are exercising or running while listening, the kind of music you are listening to and the conditions under which it was recorded. Both extremes of fully out (closed) and fully in (open with tensioned membrane) are often useful under demanding exercise or listening conditions or varying ear anatomies.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #4,160 of 40,713
  with this set up, do you feel you are closer to the REAL ZEUS now then ever?
biggrin.gif

Still missing AK380Cu+AmpCu, then let the wrath of Zeus begins.

Here is the MAM user manual:

Here is a drawing and description to help you understand the MAM operation better:

clip_image002.jpg

1.       All the way out CLOSES the ambient port, thereby defeating the ADEL membrane as it can't move because it can't compress the air trapped behind it.

2.       All the way IN opens the ambient port completely, but ALSO tensions the membrane - which increases the bass response under open ambient conditions.

3.       Halfway between these extremes, the membrane is most compliant (floppy) because the ambient port is fully open and the tensioning apparatus is not engaged at all. This position mitigates pneumatic pressures most effectively, but the bass may seem lacking at first until your ears have a chance to relax (up to 10 minutes). The bass should then become much fuller and faster, because the unnatural resonances of your sealed ear canal  and in-ear pneumatic pressures have been mitigated.

If the bass is still lacking after full relaxation, try adjusting the MAMs slowly in or out to suit your taste, but without fully closing them (moving them all the way out), as this can trigger your acoustic reflex, thereby possibly making it necessary for you to allow your ears to relax again.

The extreme positions, 1. all the way OUT (closed) and 2. all the way IN (open, but tensioned) may sound similar because these both impinge more pneumatic pressure on the ear drum due to the fact that the ADEL membrane is immobilized by 1. Static air pressure (all the way OUT or CLOSED) or 2. Mechanical tensioning (all the way IN, or OPEN BUT TENSIONED).

The "right" ADEL adjustment will be somewhere between these two extremes, depending on how much pressure is retained in your middle ear, your listening preferences, the altitude you are listening at, whether your are exercising or running while listening, the kind of music you are listening to and the conditions under which it was recorded. Both extremes of fully out (closed) and fully in (open with tensioned membrane) are often useful under demanding exercise or listening conditions or varying ear anatomies.

Thank you.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #4,163 of 40,713
Eh. I'd rather have a Fiio DAP and a Mojo than any AK player... They still use off the shelf DAC chips, they just come in weird angular metal housings.

Well, that's fair.

As someone who's ultra poor like me, a Fiio X3 + Mojo will be my end-game portable source xD.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #4,164 of 40,713
My short impression on Zeus-XR ADEL + G1 + Heracles.

Zeus XIV ADEL --> More engaging, more fun, less clarity, front row sound.
Zeus R ADEL --> Less engaging, less fun, more clarity (Best I've heard so far), a bit laid back.

Somehow, I think R sounds very relaxing comparing to XIV. I could listen to R all day and fall asleep.
But, I prefer XIV when I need to stay awake or workout.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #4,165 of 40,713
After picking up my Hermes UIEM from MS Singapore and trying them on for over a week, I must say that I am impressed.

The sound is mind blowing, so much air and details are not sparred at all. I was listening to my usual heavy metal tracks during my flight back for 2 hours and it sent chills up my spine. The clarity in the highs is so clear and the response from the drum beats are so dynamic. So far this is my OTG IEM and I'm looking forward to pair it with my inbound AK70 True Blue.

The only thing that I kind of regretted was not getting it in CIEM so that I can compare it with the demo UIEM version in MS Singapore.

Guess my next one from EE will be the CIEM ADEL/non-ADEL version of Athena/Apollo/Zeus

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #4,166 of 40,713
After picking up my Hermes UIEM from MS Singapore and trying them on for over a week, I must say that I am impressed.

The sound is mind blowing, so much air and details are not sparred at all. I was listening to my usual heavy metal tracks during my flight back for 2 hours and it sent chills up my spine. The clarity in the highs is so clear and the response from the drum beats are so dynamic. So far this is my OTG IEM and I'm looking forward to pair it with my inbound AK70 True Blue.

The only thing that I kind of regretted was not getting it in CIEM so that I can compare it with the demo UIEM version in MS Singapore.

Guess my next one from EE will be the CIEM ADEL/non-ADEL version of Athena/Apollo/Zeus

Like reading about the love for the non-Zeus IEMs (bcos we all know that one's awesome already). Good one.

Does anyone know whether the Black Friday prices have been released?

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,168 of 40,713
well I went to the post office today first thing in the morning and picked the athena 
biggrin.gif

first impressions , great craftmanship these are very well made they scream quality from miles

will do some listening and post some initial impressions in the next days in the EE thread

i need to get my ears adjusted to the NT6 sound , and see how the cables i have change their sound

i started with the forza hybrid cable since the whiplash seems to beef up the lows a tad more and i want a more lean approach with them as they are not lean/thin sounding

nothing bad to say so far regarding build/fit issues

just put some ABBA , you need some nice vocals to get these babies on a good start 
tongue.gif

great job from jack, and stellar help in the financial department 
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #4,169 of 40,713
I don't see on EE website the Adel model (pricing, options...). Can someone help me on this ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back