Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 7, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #616 of 40,577

[COLOR=000000]My personal Zeus-XIV. Part wood, part gold, part Jupiter.[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=000000]Just a glimpse into the future.[/COLOR]​

Classiest CIEM I think I've ever seen!
giphy.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #619 of 40,577
Did you think of that question because I used the most frequently used gif in the Noble thread?
wink_face.gif

I actually unsubbed the Noble thread. Too much noise for me... can't handle it haha

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #621 of 40,577

I have to admit that the experience of the Zeus driven by the Lotoo Paw Gold brings it to another level vs. the AK240SS. It remains quite colored, but its qualities really shine. The depth of the Lotoo allows the great imaging to take its true dimension. Besides, the more powerful sound allows the ultra resolving sound and great note weight of the Zeus to really shine.

Of course I have to deal with the hiss, and the comfort is also average for me.

More to follow, including comparison with my upcoming Solar.

Michael

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #622 of 40,577
The gods have been merciful for me, as the Zeus has been completely hiss free with my P1. So I didn't have this setback from the start.

Next week I'll have my 901S, maybe it is different there.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Solar vs Zeus buddy.

ps. I think the Lotoo and P1 share the same Burr Brown dac, but am not 100% sure. Think it's known for having a deep soundstage, so this would match my impressions. But I could be off here.

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #623 of 40,577

My personal Zeus-XIV. Part wood, part gold, part Jupiter.

Just a glimpse into the future.

Wow, I don't know what I'm really seeing here, Jack.. but I'm liking it!

Looks honeycomb-esque, too. Brilliant!

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #624 of 40,577
Joining the fun - I just received the Zeus XIV as well as the Spartan IV. It's only been a few days so I have extremely limited impressions thus far. Keep trying to find time to listen but the days have been jam packed with "real life" stuff... so it's been frustrating.

I look forward to (eventually) comparing Zeus to other flagships like Noble K10 and Lear BD4.2, as well as comparing the Spartan to other midrange models. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #628 of 40,577
wait what?!? you can engrave custom logos onto wood too!?! Not just limited to EE or XIV?

So many ideas unlocked

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #629 of 40,577
  The gods have been merciful for me, as the Zeus has been completely hiss free with my P1. So I didn't have this setback from the start.

Next week I'll have my 901S, maybe it is different there.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Solar vs Zeus buddy.

ps. I think the Lotoo and P1 share the same Burr Brown dac, but am not 100% sure. Think it's known for having a deep soundstage, so this would match my impressions. But I could be off here.

Congrats on the front page feature!!

Joining the fun - I just received the Zeus XIV as well as the Spartan IV. It's only been a few days so I have extremely limited impressions thus far. Keep trying to find time to listen but the days have been jam packed with "real life" stuff... so it's been frustrating.

I look forward to (eventually) comparing Zeus to other flagships like Noble K10 and Lear BD4.2, as well as comparing the Spartan to other midrange models. 

I hope all is well! 

That looks awesome, can I change my order? :wink:

Wow, I don't know what I'm really seeing here, Jack.. but I'm liking it!

Looks honeycomb-esque, too. Brilliant!

Classiest CIEM I think I've ever seen!
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back