Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #301 of 40,582
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #304 of 40,582

Welcome to the Empire @Cagin
 ​

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Jack 
beerchug.gif

What faceplate? Looks like its not just a solid color :O

That's right!  Metallic Ultraviolet + Turquoise Pearl swirl mix  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #309 of 40,582
Oh my that combi looks smashing!!

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #310 of 40,582

I'd love to hear your impressions, cagin. :)

Gotta be sent my way first ^^ knock on wood I get em fast, safe and sound
I bet Mimouille will post his before, so that's gonna satisfy us both haha

Also, I like those faceplates. How would I order something similar from the website? :)
I didn't go via the website menu.
Talk with Jack and get your creative juices going, you'd then pick the other available options from the drop down menu, but they'd work their magic in the background. The complexity of the design can require some reasonable fee of course.

Check out Fantasia's new ciem, that one is different too: https://www.instagram.com/p/-h3ECspaUd/

Very nice Cagin!

Thank you! Had a great source of inspiration 
biggrin.gif

That faceplate looks great. Love the swirls, like something you'd see in space.

Indeed! I told Jack it was like something out of Neil deGrasse Tyson's COSMOS series 

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #311 of 40,582
Cagin thanks for sharing! You definitely came up with a good look. I may stick with something simple if it adds a fee, I want to invest every $ in the sound itself over the cosmetics. (Really considering going custom, but I need to find an audiologist.)

Hey, it's almost time for the black Friday sale!

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #312 of 40,582
@Cagin thanks for sharing! You definitely came up with a good look. I may stick with something simple if it adds a fee, I want to invest every $ in the sound itself over the cosmetics. (Really considering going custom, but I need to find an audiologist.)

Hey, it's almost time for the black Friday sale!

Shameless lobbying to push you into going customs (last posts)^^: http://www.head-fi.org/t/787793/empire-ears-athena-impressions-thread

If you go back to the photos of universals, you'll notice even the mono colors have this beautiful wave/swirl textures already. You can really notice it on the white pearl Zeus, but they all have it. So you can save a bit $ while still having that nice effect.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #313 of 40,582
Shameless lobbying to push you into going customs (last posts)^^: http://www.head-fi.org/t/787793/empire-ears-athena-impressions-thread

If you go back to the photos of universals, you'll notice even the mono colors have this beautiful wave/swirl textures already. You can really notice it on the white pearl Zeus, but they all have it. So you can save a bit $ while still having that nice effect.

I do like that swirl effect! Wish the website had actual images of the colors in reality rather than color swatches, I imagine they'll be updating in the future.

This would be a good opportunity to go custom, after all I'd already be spending the money for the headphones... What's a little more to get impressions done?

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #314 of 40,582
I do like that swirl effect! Wish the website had actual images of the colors in reality rather than color swatches, I imagine they'll be updating in the future.

This would be a good opportunity to go custom, after all I'd already be spending the money for the headphones... What's a little more to get impressions done?

Fear not! I finally have the color chart! All transparent colors available for universals and we've added a few extras too. Changes aren't reflected on the website yet so if you'd like a particular color please specify during checkout or send me an e-mail with your order number with the changes you'd like!

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #315 of 40,582
i'm interested in getting the Zeus. is there a way i can test this at Malaysia/Singapore? is online store the only method of getting these? also, any preference for the impressions (closed/open mouth, etc.)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back