Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 26, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #331 of 40,582
  Standard turnaround is 10 to 15 business days right? That's pretty quick 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #332 of 40,582
Zeus arrived home, should give a first listen tonight. Maybe. More listening this weekend.

Would love to hear your impressions, sir :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #333 of 40,582

Fear not! I finally have the color chart! All transparent colors available for universals and we've added a few extras too. Changes aren't reflected on the website yet so if you'd like a particular color please specify during checkout or send me an e-mail with your order number with the changes you'd like!

Actual images of the premium faceplates too please! =D

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #338 of 40,582
Listening to the beasts now. Will posts pics and first impressions this weekend as I am underwater at work tomorrow. But I am liking what I hear so far.

You mean they don't work underwater?
:wink:

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #341 of 40,582
  Do you guys think I should get a higher-end DAP for Zeus?

X1 seems inadequate?

I don't have any "audiophile" level recommendations off the top of my head (and hopefully veterans will vouch) but our stuff is pretty easy to drive with simple sources such as the Iphone/Ipod/etc. Specs for Zeus to be released very shortly here.

Just emailed Jack Vang about an idea for the Spartans. I think the Spartan is the overall sound I am looking for!

I'm liking the idea! Hope it works!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving/Holidays to you all! Please be safe folks!

You mean they don't work underwater?
:wink:

Are you a scubadiving instructor?

My guess is secret agent...

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #344 of 40,582
I don't have any "audiophile" level recommendations off the top of my head (and hopefully veterans will vouch) but our stuff is pretty easy to drive with simple sources such as the Iphone/Ipod/etc.

It's ease to drive isn't the issue at all. At least with Hermes they're SO sensitive my LG V10 phone (with the ESS Sabre DAC & Amp. built in) emits a very constant and consitent hum that doesn't present with any of my normal sensitivity cans. So I personally would recommend a higher tier DAP with a stupid low impedance (I believe that's the issue I'm having with my V10) cause I can only imagine the sensitivity of Zeus. I believe the AKjr. is a good choice (or better AK of course) or one I personally am wanting to save up for the questyle audio qp1 or qp1r

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #345 of 40,582
It's ease to drive isn't the issue at all. At least with Hermes they're SO sensitive my LG V10 phone (with the ESS Sabre DAC & Amp. built in) emits a very constant and consitent hum that doesn't present with any of my normal sensitivity cans. So I personally would recommend a higher tier DAP with a stupid low impedance (I believe that's the issue I'm having with my V10) cause I can only imagine the sensitivity of Zeus. I believe the AKjr. is a good choice (or better AK of course) or one I personally am wanting to save up for the questyle audio qp1 or qp1r

Did you get the low sensitivity version? EE offers both low and high sensitivity options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back