Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 23, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #287 of 40,582
Photo from another angle to those bottom right corner ones :)

edit:
And the carbon .. Which admittedly I wouldn't pay an extra $90 for, but I'm curious how it looks.
Here's a finished ciem with the Black Carbon Fiber option face plate
https://www.instagram.com/p/9yL7BcJae-/

PM Jack if you want higher-res in the mean time while waiting for the website to be updated with better visuals.
I'll wait for Jack's permission before I post more 
wink_face.gif

edit2: the Silver carbon fiber is like the Black CF one but with 50% of inter-weavings being silverish colored CF strands

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #288 of 40,582
  E-mailed Jack with my impression pictures with scale, he must be scratching his head now after the second batch of pictures. I guess I don't qualify for Zeus since my ears are small and canal has a narrow bend. I guess custom is not for me 
mad.gif

It'll protrude a little bit but we can do it!

Is it possible that I preorder an universal IEM during the Black Friday sale and yet request translucent shells?

Absolutely! Hit me up!

Need more... more... more!!!

Working on it!!! 

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #289 of 40,582

edit:
edit2: the Silver carbon fiber is like the Black CF one but with 50% of inter-weavings being silverish colored CF strands

The carbon fiber does look very nice! But I think if I have budget to spare it should go to better sound instead of cosmetics.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #290 of 40,582
ReptilynSamurai you seem in the same boat as me.
tongue.gif

I was debating between the Cerberus and Spartan before eventually locking on the Spartan. And now I'm talking myself out of buying CF faceplates.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #291 of 40,582
ReptilynSamurai you seem in the same boat as me. :p

I was debating between the Cerberus and Spartan before eventually locking on the Spartan. And now I'm talking myself out of buying CF faceplates.

I'm thinking the Spartan will be more the sound signature I'm looking for based on impressions. I'm between Supra and Spartan, but interested in the improved soundstage of the Spartan. 20% off is the only thing making it feel more within reach.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #292 of 40,582

Dunno about you but the transparent turquiose +abalone combo looks just magnificent.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #293 of 40,582
That abalone is sick omg

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #294 of 40,582
Dunno about you but the transparent turquiose +abalone combo looks just magnificent.
rub it in rub it in :devil_face:
Full abalone was my first choice but I settled for turquoise pearl shell + uv/turquoise mix faceplate.

That abalone is sick omg

You should see the full sheet of that Abalone 3 @_@
And while the abalone is already super shifty thanks to its iridescent properties, combining it with an acrylic faceplate that's still transparent but of a different color than clear can give it the hue you want.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #295 of 40,582
rub it in rub it in
devil_face.gif

Full abalone was my first choice but I settled for turquoise pearl shell + uv/turquoise mix faceplate.
You should see the full sheet of that Abalone 3 @_@
And while the abalone is already super shifty thanks to its iridescent properties, combining it with an acrylic faceplate that's still transparent but of a different color than clear can give it the hue you want.

Full abalone as in both the shell and the faceplate?
Is that option even available?
That'd be absolutely gorgeous. (Might be a tad too bling tho haha)

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #296 of 40,582
Full abalone as in both the shell and the faceplate?
Is that option even available?
That'd be absolutely gorgeous. (Might be a tad too bling tho haha)
well Jack's experiment was a beauty to my eyes and I hope I'll get it as a souvenir but sadly it proved to be more hazardous (bubbly), hence me opting for the other.
In the end I couldn't make my mind up as to which opaque shell color would match the Abalone 3 faceplate. And I'm also dying to get my Zeus so I went with uv/turq instead of abalone.

Don't forget, Jack and Empire insist on being customer oriented, so don't hesitate to share your wild dreams. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back