Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #260 of 40,582
I'm a midhead and vocalhead, which of the models would suit me best? I like bass to be just enough (but not reference flat), sparkly treble, and a wide soundstage. Athena seems to be it from reading, just want to hear those who have tried the entire range.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #261 of 40,582
I'm a midhead and vocalhead, which of the models would suit me best? I like bass to be just enough (but not reference flat), sparkly treble, and a wide soundstage. Athena seems to be it from reading, just want to hear those who have tried the entire range.

In terms of signature, maybe hermes over athena, but the athena does have better resolution overall.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #262 of 40,582

​

[size=20.007px][size=17.03px]Begins Thursday, November 26 at 12 A.M. EST[/size][/size]

Hmm, the dichotomy of good and bad news in the same post strikes again! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #263 of 40,582
  I have small ears, will Empire Zeus Custom reject me?

We have numerous Zeus ciems being made right now and several have pretty small ears. Challenging? Absolutely but we won't reject a order without trying to build it first. Choosing a company and product without a proper audition is already hard enough on your end so it's our duty to do everything we can to fulfill your order. As mentioned in a earlier post with VeinDoc we create a colloid cast of your original ear impressions (prior to being trimmed) so that we can reference how the final product will fit in your ears.

Of course the cast is only as good as the impressions sent and it won't always be right the first time (nature of the business unfortunately) but we try our best and we're here for you guys before, during, and after the sale.

Creating the cast

Testing the shells to see how they'll fit (depth, width, height, etc)

Quote:

The Hermes and Athena definitely fit the bill!

Hmm, the dichotomy of good and bad news in the same post strikes again! 
biggrin.gif

It's fate!

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #266 of 40,582
Also very tempted by the Zeus and  the Black Friday discount. Does anybody know what Empire Ears rules are regarding reshell and ownership transfer in case that isn't my cup of tea.
It is a lot of money to gamble on something I have no idea what it sounds like.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #267 of 40,582
Can anyone share their thoughts on how the Apollo/Zeus compares with the Noble K10?
In terms of sound, and size of the housing.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #269 of 40,582
Can anyone share their thoughts on how the Apollo/Zeus compares with the Noble K10?
In terms of sound, and size of the housing.

My K10 is definitely much bigger than the custom Apollo. Soundwise, what are you looking for?

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #270 of 40,582
When is the Zeus party fest starting? :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back