Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 19, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #14,791 of 40,559
Sorry man but the word ENDGAME couldn't be found in the head-fi dictionary lolllllllllllllll

Serious...........you asking about EDM so I was talking about EDM. I dun live with the LX as my only iem, and if I'm only allowed to own one set of iem there's a fair chance I'd pick my U18 over the LX (but with a fair chance of regretting the choice later). With all that oomph the LX as a whole is somewhat a rich but kinda relaxed listen - that has to do with the treble presentation. The U18 is balanced but pretty hot up high (that is, unless you pair it with a darker sounding cable / source). I thought my 335DWSR was the closest thing to endgame (and still admires it as such) but it could fall short of any real excitement at times. Fourtes.............you should ask someone else as I have never warmed to it.

My God, You're just making me more indecisive HAHA. Hm Lx or U18 or Fourtes (lx>u18>fourte has the biggest bass??) can someone clarify
tbh i think u18 and fourte is quite overpriced. I think it should be $1000 cheaper than its current price. But thats also taking into account personal preferences and such. Its best you try all 3 and decide on your own base on your listening preferences

what’s your recommendation what’s your favorite

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #14,792 of 40,559
also looking to buy a legend x, or a u18t. can pay cash, venmo, paypal (nyc located)

and also just putting the offer on table i can trade my atlas’s too and some cash if anyone wants to trade and some extra cash

please pm me

thanks

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #14,793 of 40,559
also looking to buy a legend x, or a u18t. can pay cash, venmo, paypal (nyc located)

and also just putting the offer on table i can trade my atlas’s too and some cash if anyone wants to trade and some extra cash

please pm me

thanks

Actually would it be possible for you to try them first? Other's fav may or may not be your fav and nowadays iems like those mentioned are not a small investment......

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #14,794 of 40,559
Actually would it be possible for you to try them first? Other's fav may or may not be your fav and nowadays iems like those mentioned are not a small investment......

not possible for me to try hence why all the questions but i’m pretty sure the legend X is a great fit for me so offer is up! buying / trading + moneyz

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #14,795 of 40,559

sent you a pm

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #14,796 of 40,559
would anyone be willing to sell me their legend x or u18 can trade for brand new atlas with warranty (bought last week from audio 46) or even rent the iems if anyone isn’t using them.

i’m from nyc so i can pay cash venmo or paypal and also offering to let people come possibly use my penthouse in times square if you wanted to take a vacation to new york city.

i’m going through an extremely rough time, and music and nyc earbuds saved my life literally from suicide, so it’s not a sob story.
all of you understand my passion and i just want to hear music. kinda sad but i think of my earbuds as my partner in life. they’ve always been there for me. always

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #14,797 of 40,559
My God, You're just making me more indecisive HAHA. Hm Lx or U18 or Fourtes (lx>u18>fourte has the biggest bass??) can someone clarify

LX has the bigger bass than U18/Fourtes imo

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #14,798 of 40,559

I’m using legend x, but that’s also because I have other pairs to compliment it.

If u only intend to have a all rounder, u18. But only by a small margin and if u can find one really cheap

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #14,799 of 40,559
The inability of the brain to filter information is essentially severe Autism, where the subject is incapable of functioning as a human being because their senses are constantly bombarding them with torrents of raw sensory information. My supposition is that those afflicted by Autism often possess above-average hearing capabilities and possibly even the fabled audiophile "golden ears" in some cases. Perhaps there may also be a link between OCD and hearing acuity, as I believe listening is a skill which can be trained and those affected by OCD may naturally examine the data their senses provide more intently.

Good points! Well, I guess the thing to bear in mind hear is that Autism is more correctly defined as 'Autism Spectrum Disorder'; the operative word here being 'spectrum'.
I am autistic, and I do have a a reduced ability to filter out sound.
I can be in a cafe, and actively concentrating on everything a friend is saying, but equally, when I leave the cafe, I could tell you pretty much every song that was played quietly in the background (as long as I knew the songs obviously).
I've had many moments where I've interjected "oh, I love this song!" and they've replied "oh; is there music playing?" :p
I easily get stressed and wound up by too many sounds occurring at once, or a distracting sound intruding (the hypersensitivity means others usually don't notice it).

I'm very sensitive to certain kinds of noise, and even music. I've also had to get up and leave cafes because I didn't like the music they were playing and it was just winding me up more and more to stay there, even though the music was barely perceptible to other people there.

I write poetry as a kind of side hobby. I wrote one recently about a day in London ending in a visit to the very crowded local food market, and tried to describe the overwhelm of noise, chaos, smells etc that I experienced, whilst recognising that it's entirely in my own head and that others are likely completely unaware of my experience :p
The last lines were:

"A small and insignificant war,

Forgettably fought on a foreign shore

unseen and imperceptible,

Without casualties and without rancour."

That's how it can feel sometimes, and it's always a nice experience to meet people who understand about it :)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #14,800 of 40,559
would anyone be willing to sell me their legend x or u18 can trade for brand new atlas with warranty (bought last week from audio 46) or even rent the iems if anyone isn’t using them.

i’m from nyc so i can pay cash venmo or paypal and also offering to let people come possibly use my penthouse in times square if you wanted to take a vacation to new york city.

i’m going through an extremely rough time, and music and nyc earbuds saved my life literally from suicide, so it’s not a sob story.
all of you understand my passion and i just want to hear music. kinda sad but i think of my earbuds as my partner in life. they’ve always been there for me. always

i feel you man , i remember myself with a walkman/discman/minidisc/dap since i was 5

music is the best drug (with both meanings) of all

also , if you have a NYC penthouse , you may wanna invite some babes around :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #14,801 of 40,559
iBasso DX200>AMP8>Thor II 8-Wire>Legend X

This is true basshead territory, and I'm having a riotous good time with it. :D

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #14,802 of 40,559
the more i read those lovely/infrmative reviews/comments about Legend (a basshead ciem) and Phantom (natural but with the spark on top kinda missing) , the more i feel that Zeus is probably/finally my endgame CIEM

12 months after purchasing it, and still zero upgraditis itch - this is what we are all after, right ?

@NaiveSound here is one more kickass prog house comp for you , how is the Zeus loss going ?

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #14,803 of 40,559
the more i read those lovely/infrmative reviews/comments about Legend (a basshead ciem) and Phantom (natural but with the spark on top kinda missing) , the more i feel that Zeus is probably/finally my endgame CIEM

12 months after purchasing it, and still zero upgraditis itch - this is what we are all after, right ?

@NaiveSound here is one more kickass prog house comp for you , how is the Zeus loss going ?

Only with 8-wire and AMP8. The 8s have all the magic. :wink:

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #14,804 of 40,559

I feel like an empty shell , like a cheated whore. Very much butthurt. But not for long,i know I'll own it once again,.

I would like a dx200 with amp8 I guess? (too many amps, they surely are milking the cow with all these amps.

You telling me it takes 8amps to get it right for all the tastes Pfft

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #14,805 of 40,559
My Bravados are on their way to me but i've already decided what is gonna be my track-test for them:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back