Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 21, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #1,396 of 40,587
Might be a little late to the party here, but, I just want to say, the pairing of the Mojo and Zeus is absolutely stunning. To all those who advocated driving the Zeus from a Mojo, you were right. Absolutely right. The Zeus sings wonderfully with the Mojo - in fact, the little Chord sounds almost good as a Hugo, with an easier price and a smaller body. Fantastic! 
cool.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,399 of 40,587
Hey Jack! Which one is the best for Onkyo DP-X1 2.5mm TRRS balanced output? I was there at CanJam SoCal 2016 talked to you but I forgot to ask and plus you were so busy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks so much for stopping by! You have one of the BEST players for the Olympus Series! Nearly dead silent with all of our in-ears and compliments them all extremely well! I had several that never made it to the show for the purpose of auditioning.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,400 of 40,587
Huge shout out to the Head-Fi team for making CanJam Socal 2016 such a phenomenal success! Everything was so well organized and the venue was beautiful! Our market has been primarily musicians so we were definitely out of our element but everyone, especially the attendees, made us feel right at home! There were just so many incredible things and people I could write about but this post would never end so I encourage anyone that hasn't been to CanJam before to DEFINITELY go! Until next time!

@boblauer

@Merrick Congrats on winning the one off CanJam SoCal 2016 Edition Spartan IV! We're really happy it went to someone that auditioned it and actually loved it!

@moedawg140 @Netforce @XERO1 <---Phenomenal folks right here!

^^^Shoutout to @Watagump!!! Incredibly hilarious fella and the definition of no filter! He stopped by on the last day to audition the Zeus XIV and we hooked him up with a t-shirt! Until next time friend!

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,403 of 40,587
Also!!! Huge shoutout to @Army-Firedawg
 for holding it down in NC for Carolina CanFEST! Hope everyone enjoyed their EE auditions!

Not hard representing a company that's products speak for themselves. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few inquiries about Zues, Athena and some Spartans.

But also thank YOU for being gracious enough in your assistance with the meet!

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,409 of 40,587
@Jack Vang I thanked you in the Canjam thread but wanted to thank you again for donating those Spartans to the raffle! I always wrote off IEMs as my experience was with low end, one size fits none style earbuds that were under $100. Needless to say, the sound quality was less than stellar, barely better than generic earbuds you'd find boxed with a phone. The sound was distant and muffled, lacking coherence or resolution.

The Spartans are the complete opposite of that. They are detailed and direct. I'm still experimenting with tips to find my personal preference, and I don't know how much burn-in affects these particular units, but so far they are very good. I hadn't heard of Empire Ears before going to Canjam, but my goal while there was to find and get a really good set of IEMs, and amazingly I was able to do that just through the raffle.

Thanks again!

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #1,410 of 40,587
@Jack Vang It was awesome to finally hear your iems! The zeus and the spartans were absolutely brilliant sounding! Also had a blast a dinner Sunday night and hanging out! 

@Merrick Great job of winning the spartans bro! The spartans sounded absolutely sick for their price. Had my fingers crossed on winning that pair myself lol! Still interested in taking my n4 off my hands right! jk jk.

@moedawg140 Really great to see you again and to hang out! Definitely blessed to have such a good friend at all these events! The spartans are most certainly now at the top of my list for a ciem hopefully once I can offload some of my older gear I'll do some saving up to finally join the ranks of the ciems!~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back