Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 25, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #13,726 of 40,591

REALLY
enjoying Thor II 8-wire with my Legend X. :D

nice pic! lovely design!
i'd love to know the difference between your Thor II 8-wire and the Janus D. I know, completely different materials but nearly same price tag? :) For me it's time for a new cable when my custom Phantom arrives...

May 25, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #13,728 of 40,591
nice pic! lovely design!
i'd love to know the difference between your Thor II 8-wire and the Janus D. I know, completely different materials but nearly same price tag? :) For me it's time for a new cable when my custom Phantom arrives...

Has anyone gotten their Janus D yet?

May 25, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #13,729 of 40,591
20180525_183202.jpg

May 25, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #13,731 of 40,591
I don't think the Janus line has been released at all yet. I'm hoping for an early June release, maybe.

I remember Eric saying late may / early June so I was wondering

May 25, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #13,732 of 40,591
@Ethan Groover mentioned some time ago that they've updated the new models to include what's called a horn bore. A horn bore - essentially - is an extra length at the end of the canal shaped like the opening of a trumpet or trombone and it's used to improve high-end extension and linearity. My Phantom's have the same thing, but I believe the horn bore was a part of the Phantom's design from the very beginning. Jomo Audio also does this whenever anatomically possible, but sometimes they omit the horn bore if the person's ear canals aren't large enough. So, ear size variance definitely has something to do with it as well.

You'll definitely hear differences between different terminations of the Ares II, because the circuits wired to each socket on the SP1000 are completely different.

I'd definitely recommend just visiting an ENT. Wax removal isn't the cheapest thing in the world, but it should only be a one-time visit if you can maintain a routine of cleaning your ears twice every week or so.

Hmmm... i wonder if that's an easy enough alteration for EE to make. If they can give me the horn without having to redo the shells from scratch, that could be worth saying goodbye to my LX for a little while.

May 25, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #13,733 of 40,591
I love what it does. Dean talked a bit about it to me and it made tons of sense. I love how much easier they are to keep clean as a side benefit. how do others feel about it?

May 25, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #13,735 of 40,591
It does except vocals, should have clarified. Guess I'm feeling sentimental about the XR since I'm about to part ways with it.

Hehe. I've been there.

May 25, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #13,736 of 40,591
It does except vocals, should have clarified. Guess I'm feeling sentimental about the XR since I'm about to part ways with it.

Or you can always keep it haha

May 25, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #13,739 of 40,591
I love what it does. Dean talked a bit about it to me and it made tons of sense. I love how much easier they are to keep clean as a side benefit. how do others feel about it?

I’m personally a tad concerned about how thin it gets at the end of the canal. I’m sure it won’t break under normal circumstances, but it is physically more vulnerable than the rest of the shell.

May 25, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #13,740 of 40,591
nice pic! lovely design!

I too would love to make such a comparison. Hopefully before too terribly long. But we'll see.

I am really interested in your take on that specific cable with the Lx!

I will certainly dedicate a portion of the review to this pairing. It is too marvelous not to. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back