Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #12,646 of 40,591
Hahaha, ok good point :p
Apologies, my enthusiasm got the better of me for a moment :D

Ok, so it would be awesome if we got to receive like 2 or 3 different IEM's at the same time lol. But that's probably just wishful thinking :p
But now I'm thinking, if I could only choose one, or two EE IEM's from the two new line ups and if the two flagship models were excluded as choices, which would I choose?
How about you guys? :D
That's a really tough one. Because I love huge soundstage combined with clarity, great detail and faithful representation of timbre.
But on the other hand, another part of me is something of a Bass Monster, and the thought of what the double DD in the Vantage and Nemesis could sound like is just mouth watering :D
I hear you. Wish I could pay a deposit of say 3K euros, have the whole lineup for a full week or more to demo, then ship em back and decide which I want for ciems.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #12,647 of 40,591
I'm sure this has been answered, but I just got a pair of Legend X and everytime I jam them in my ears I worry about the driver flex....I feel like I am going to break them, is that something I should be worried about?

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #12,648 of 40,591
I'm sure this has been answered, but I just got a pair of Legend X and everytime I jam them in my ears I worry about the driver flex....I feel like I am going to break them, is that something I should be worried about?

No. As with most DD-equipped IEMs, driver flex is very common, but it won't pose any issues towards the driver whatsoever.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #12,649 of 40,591
Oh good! That's what I had heard, but I wanted to ask the board...I've had DD IEMs but never flex like this, they even flex when I'm wearing them. Thanks for the reassurance, I shall not be delicate, or worry about them busting.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #12,650 of 40,591
Oh good! That's what I had heard, but I wanted to ask the board...I've had DD IEMs but never flex like this, they even flex when I'm wearing them. Thanks for the reassurance, I shall not be delicate, or worry about them busting.

My Oriolus MK2 used to do this all the time but was fine. My Legend X have just shipped and will be delivered this Friday...man, the last 3 week's have felt like a lifetime :). Looking forward to hearing them with WM1Z and Lionheart cable. I was going to get the Phantoms but went with the X in the end as I do love some DD bass...will hopefully get to hear the Phantoms at London Canjam later this year.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #12,651 of 40,591
My Oriolus MK2 used to do this all the time but was fine. My Legend X have just shipped and will be delivered this Friday...man, the last 3 week's have felt like a lifetime :). Looking forward to hearing them with WM1Z and Lionheart cable. I was going to get the Phantoms but went with the X in the end as I do love some DD bass...will hopefully get to hear the Phantoms at London Canjam later this year.

I just got mine, they are amazing! I got the Universal version and the fit is sooooo good, its almost as good as my CIEMs. The only 2 bad things so far is that the sockets aren't recessed and the driver flex, but that's it!

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #12,652 of 40,591
I understand the right to privacy, i dont ask for a face reveal, but would one or two users provide a photo of the Legend X while worn? Can be a close up of the ear so we dont see your ID. Ciem or uiem. Just curious about the protusion. Oh and the Bravado.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #12,653 of 40,591
I hear you. Wish I could pay a deposit of say 3K euros, have the whole lineup for a full week or more to demo, then ship em back and decide which I want for ciems.
You could feasibly do this with us with a deposit of $7500 euros.

Nothing to worry about at all! The W9 will naturally do that. The only time to worry would be if the drivers didn't flex.

I understand the right to privacy, i dont ask for a face reveal, but would one or two users provide a photo of the Legend X while worn? Can be a close up of the ear so we dont see your ID. Ciem or uiem. Just curious about the protusion. Oh and the Bravado.
20180411_154126.jpg
That's my custom Legend X and I will have a Bravado I can show next week. The Legend X does protrude from medium to smaller ears like mine, but not by much.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #12,654 of 40,591
That's my Legend and I will have a Bravado I can show next week. The Legend X does protrude from medium to smaller ears like mine, but not by much.

Hey Ethan, are those ciems or uni? I'm guessing ciem but I just wanted to check.

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #12,657 of 40,591
That's what I figured. It was too much to hope that a uni would fit that flush. Not that I'm complaining about the uni shell, they look great.
Legend X Custom vs Universal:
20180411_165852 (2).jpg
20180411_165754 (2).jpg
I'd say they are about the same! Though I will note that all 7 models use the same size universal shell, so a Legend will protrude the same amount as a Bravado. A custom Bravado however will usually fit very, very flush if not recessed a bit.

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #12,658 of 40,591
I just got mine, they are amazing! I got the Universal version and the fit is sooooo good, its almost as good as my CIEMs. The only 2 bad things so far is that the sockets aren't recessed and the driver flex, but that's it!

You have me very excited, Friday can't come quick enough! I went for universals too, I don't mind the issues you mentioned as long as they sound good :)

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #12,659 of 40,591
I'd say they are about the same! Though I will note that all 7 models use the same size universal shell, so a Legend will protrude the same amount as a Bravado. A custom Bravado however will usually fit very, very flush if not recessed a bit.

Awesome thanks Ethan! I’m looking forward to my Bravado’s.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #12,660 of 40,591
First, i'd like to thank Ethan for the prompt responses and service. I just received the xr back today. Thanks a ton. We're back in business. Also, I'd like to introduce myself to the community. Hi all. I've been an avid--albeit behind the scenes--supported of high end audio in general and Empire Ears in particular. I'm still a newbie compared to many of You, and I'd like to thank you all for the info. All I have is my Zeus xr adel universals and a Fiio x7 mk II with an ares ii+ cable. I just got them back from ee so I'm psyched. Though I will be selling them asap to get the legend x hopefully. Little by little I will be adding to my thus far small arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back