Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,158 of 40,713
To be honest I still have no idea why did Maurice have such different views regarding the A12 since what he describes differs so much more then what my A12 is. And I have owned and listened to it for more then half a year.

I think it might be because of the environment Maurice was in when he demoed it or his fit was extraodinarily bad.

But nonetheless, I love the A12 very much too.

But to put it to perspective, Zeus is still the number one in my ciem line up, due to the fact that I simply am a mids whore. And Zeus mids is simply the best I have heard. No competition its the best seriously. This is obviously because of my sound preference. However A12 isn't that far back too, it's bass and soundstage easily wins Zeus for being more natural and more accurate. I think Jack will have to agree with me for this since he have heard the A12 himself. However, Even though Zeus soundstage is not as airy as a12, its intimacy is its most alluring factor that I think most people will be drawn to if they like such intimate yet not too congested type of feeling.

So to put it simply in a ranking system, simply based on my personal sound preference which severely leans and is biased towards beautiful mids, my current rank of ciem which is subjected to changes are:
Zeus > A12 > solar > ct500 > Ct6e > legend R.

I excluded dynamic driver iems for obvious reasons.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,159 of 40,713
  Almost halfway there for the Mass Drop!! We're going to make it worth it for not making the Legend R drop happen!!!

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Empire-Ears-CIEM/result

Woah. Almost forgot about that. C'mon, people! Let's make it happen! 
smile.gif

On a side note - the A12 and the Zeus are two of the best IEMs on the market today. Both are fantastic, and certainly deserve all the applause they have garnered. Still, I had to choose between the 2; therefore, I'm here on the Empire Ears thread. 
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #1,161 of 40,713
Jack, any chance you guys would be interested in implementing the ADEL technology next? I,ve found it to be pretty fascinating and think that would be an offering if you guys were to offer it next, possibly as an add on option to the current line-up. The way people describe the Zeus along with ADEL I believe would make them even more appealing for those of us who care about the hearing benefits.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,162 of 40,713
Jack, any chance you guys would be interested in implementing the ADEL technology next? I,ve found it to be pretty fascinating and think that would be an offering if you guys were to offer it next, possibly as an add on option to the current line-up. The way people describe the Zeus along with ADEL I believe would make them even more appealing for those of us who care about the hearing benefits.

Possibilities are endless as we did discuss some potential options with Stephen Ambrose. I don't have a definitive answer at the moment but we'll keep an open mind as always. With that aside I will say that the next in-house technology project we're undertaking could very well change the entire in-ear monitor market. That's all I can say for now.

(No, it's not a new flagship or new models and it won't make the Olympus series obsolete)

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,163 of 40,713
Possibilities are endless as we did discuss some potential options with Stephen Ambrose. I don't have a definitive answer at the moment but we'll keep an open mind as always. With that aside I will say that the next in-house technology project we're undertaking could very well change the entire in-ear monitor market. That's all I can say for now.

(No, it's not a new flagship or new models and it won't make the Olympus series obsolete)
user programmable faceplates that display animated gifs. TY TY JACK

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,164 of 40,713

... I will say that the next in-house technology project we're undertaking could very well change the entire in-ear monitor market. That's all I can say for now.

Oooh, ooh, let me guess!!!

Is it:

1. Strawberry-flavoured CIEM shells?

1. EE-branded strawberry-flavoured Oto-Ease?

1. piezo-electric in-line CIEM-cable pendant device, to provide an enhanced true-to-life chest-thumping sensation when listening to live rock music recordings through your EE CIEMs?

1. An enhanced Scratch-N-Sniff earwax-removal tool?

biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,165 of 40,713
user programmable faceplates that display animated gifs. TY TY JACK

Oooh, ooh, let me guess!!!

Is it:

1. Strawberry-flavoured CIEM shells?

1. EE-branded strawberry-flavoured Oto-Ease?

1. piezo-electric in-line CIEM-cable pendant device, to provide an enhanced true-to-life chest-thumping sensation when listening to live rock music recordings through your EE CIEMs?

1. An enhanced Scratch-N-Sniff earwax-removal tool?

biggrin.gif

You guys are way ahead of your time LOL

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,170 of 40,713

You guys are way ahead of your time LOL

Jack, you could make a world-first, in the CIEM world.

A TOTL CIEM with shells made from translucent Chupa Chup lollipop material!

(no, I'm not being serious
tongue.gif
)

I actually recently got in an IEM with just such an app. Haven't tested it yet, but an EQ / DSP ninja I know was highly impressed.

Hmmm.... an IEM that comes with software EQ does not inspire confidence, to my mind. It says, to me, "We realise our product is inadequately-tuned, so you will probably need to use this EQ app to make it tolerable for your ears"

However, I would have no problem with a range of CIEMs with a choice of tuning options being made available, and built-to-order (I suppose a bit like UE PRM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back