Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,113 of 40,656

Player detects it unplugging as soon as it reaches this:

Any slight swing of the cable, or a mere rotation of the plug (45degree is enough), triggers it. And if I move more, it will lead to further sliding out (4mm), exposing the Sleeve part of the TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve).
I was gonna send my Zeus back to Georgia this week anyway, so I'll put the Starlight along in the box. I'll prefer buying the stock Quad cable  (more ergonomic) while waiting for the Norne Therium.  
I'm glad at least it's not all of those Neutriks according to Kozato and WCDchee

I've been bugging Brian about swapping out these connectors, i'll forward him this post. Heck Neutrik is at Namm i'll just go bug them tomorrow. Well guys it's day 3 of 4 and i'm pretty pooped. I'm sure @Cotnijoe and @Canyon Runner are feeling it at the 64 booth too. You guys are absolutely rockin' it! In other news it seems like the Supras, Spartans, Apollos, and Zeus have really hit a home run with the musicians. It's awesome how musicians and audiophiles perceive the sound signatures the same way but just word it differently. 

We head back Monday and operations will return to normal the following day. The tour is scheduled to begin in February as well as a giveaway contest! Stay tuned my friends!

Rock on Stevie, I love you bro!

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #1,117 of 40,656

Rock on Stevie, I love you bro!

Wow, legend.

Anyway, have fun, everyone! 
smile.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #1,118 of 40,656
I actually think Zeus is very good with electronic music, too. The bass can really come out to play when it's needed but then creeps back into the background when it's not needed. Great all-arounder with few weaknesses.

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. It's an excellent earphone for a myriad genres, and I don't think it plays poorly with EDM, actually; it's just much, much better at other genres, such as rock, pop and everything in-between. I like the bass texture of the Zeus - it has great layering and a satisfying punch.

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,119 of 40,656
I honestly can't see Zeus having a problem with any music. I've been comparing it to all customs/universals in preparation for an upcoming review and Zeus is simply special. Resolution, depth, layering and placement of instruments is second to none. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,120 of 40,656
I honestly can't see Zeus having a problem with any music. I've been comparing it to all customs/universals in preparation for an upcoming review and Zeus is simply special. Resolution, depth, layering and placement of instruments is second to none. 

So true! The soundstage just seems natural ,not too airy Nor too congested. Plus the mids always sounds so mesmerising and intimate. Instrumental focus and positioning is just breathtaking. ☺️☺️

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,121 of 40,656
It was nice volunteering for Empire Ears at NAMM for a little while during the last four days (no monetary gain for myself)! It was also great checking out all of the other audio equipment as well! Jack and the crew, in person, are like the family that you may have always wanted. People that knew him were saying nothing but good things, which is awesome.

Nice hanging out with Cotnijoe (Lawrance) and Canyon Runner (Steve) at the 64 Audio booth. Thanks for letting me listen to your Hugo, and stack, Steve!

Lawrance and myself:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at CanJam SoCal!

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #1,125 of 40,656
So true! The soundstage just seems natural ,not too airy Nor too congested. Plus the mids always sounds so mesmerising and intimate. Instrumental focus and positioning is just breathtaking. ☺️☺️

Yes sir! We want you to be in the band, not in the audience!

Thats something really neat ive noticed being at NAMM. Lot of audiophiles want to be an audience or feel like theyrr listening to speakers. On the other hand, stage musicians want to be in the action. you can imagine how difficult it is to create a product that pleases both sides lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back