Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #10,996 of 40,581
@Deezel177 when you update the review piece , please put the MSRP in US dollars , it's more helpful to get an idea how EE priced their new iems

other than that ,zero complaints - a great point also was including some comparisons with Zeus XR (and i think i am fine for now with XR , seeing that both Phantom/Legend are (way)more bassy than XR)

i went and read again your review, great post :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #10,998 of 40,581
This is one of the best communities at head fi. I told Jack when I met him at can jam that I thought it was great that he gets involved with the community as much as he does. Even outside that though, the users here take time out of their day to help answer questions as best they can. It speaks volumes that we are on page 734 of the forums. Anyways, look forward to the journey through iems.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #10,999 of 40,581
It was good in the U12 but to my ears not so good in the Zeus
I think how well it works has to do with voicing and getting the right module and not some universal good or bad. I was dubious but actually like the G1 with Spartan quite a bit. When I get on a plane, I plug the adel port and get more isolation and the added bass required for a noisy environment. when it's a quieter environment, I get a more open and better balance and rhythm with it in the mix. In this device, the B1 was not as good in any way but with a bass heavy device it is probably the best balanced. I suspect eliminating ADEL has more to do with the complexity of the matter than anything else. To do it best, 2 or 3 voicings would be optimum and that's just over complication. These guys obviously know what they are doing and didn't offer ADEL arbitrarily. That they've chosen to eliminate it is neither a positive nor a negative.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #11,001 of 40,581
I was wondering about the rights to adel technology. One of the things I noticed at can jam was that inearz was advertising adel so I was wondering which group or groups have access to the patent or technology. Is the reason EE moving away from Adel, a legal or sound related issue, or possibly a mix of both.

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #11,003 of 40,581
current rate at xe.com...

Empire Studio Reference (S$888) === 677.207USD

Empire Vocal Reference (S$1188) === 905.993USD

Phantom (S$2699) === 2,058.31USD

Bravado (S$788) === 600.927USD

Vantage (S$1788) === 1,363.52USD

Nemesis (S$2388) === 1,821.08USD

Legend X (S$3499) === 2,668.32USD

current rate at xe.com...

Empire Studio Reference (S$888) === 677.207USD

Empire Vocal Reference (S$1188) === 905.993USD

Phantom (S$2699) === 2,058.31USD

Bravado (S$788) === 600.927USD

Vantage (S$1788) === 1,363.52USD

Nemesis (S$2388) === 1,821.08USD

Legend X (S$3499) === 2,668.32USD

The only thing I would like to point out at can jam NYC at least, the EVR was the less expensive model compared to the ESR. Which could be a matter of market preference / sound signature.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #11,004 of 40,581
I was wondering about the rights to adel technology. One of the things I noticed at can jam was that inearz was advertising adel so I was wondering which group or groups have access to the patent or technology. Is the reason EE moving away from Adel, a legal or sound related issue, or possibly a mix of both.

Adel seems to hop on different companies and leech, they leave companies quick (or get booted off)

From 64 audio to Empire Ears and now inears.... It's only downhill after inears.

Because .. I just don't think it sounds good and because of that... Sales...

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #11,005 of 40,581
The oonl dif

The only thing I would like to point out at can jam NYC at least, the EVR was the less expensive model compared to the ESR. Which could be a matter of market preference / sound signature.

If you buy them in the US the prices are slightly cheaper, the PhantoM starts at $1,799.

I was so busy listening to various earphones and headphone that I forgot to get all the retail prices from Empire Ears.

I have to say I really enjoy listening to them, in particular the Legend X, the Bravado and the Phantom.

Was a great pleasure to spend time without Jack, Dean and all the Empire guys!

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #11,006 of 40,581
Adel seems to hop on different companies and leech, they leave companies quick (or get booted off)

From 64 audio to Empire Ears and now inears.... It's only downhill after inears.

Because .. I just don't think it sounds good and because of that... Sales...

Wow. That comment is despicably vile and you bring down the entire forum with it.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #11,009 of 40,581
Well 64audio is fully committed to Adel and I can guarantee you, that the Tia Fourte and the U18 are amazing iems.

How many earphones with this technology have you listen to?

64audio have made their own apex tech similar tech to adel, I've heard extensively the u10/u12 adel, zeus xra(owned) That was enough bother for me to realize adel makes your iem sound about as bad as se535

To me, it hinders sound

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #11,010 of 40,581
64audio have made their own apex tech similar tech to adel, I've heard extensively the u10/u12 adel, zeus xra(owned) That was enough bother for me to realize adel makes your iem sound about as bad as se535

To me, it hinders sound

Not liking the sound is your prerogative. But the claims you made of ADEL being a leech of other companies is where you went from subjective feelings about sound to corrosive falsehood and innuendo.

Once again, you ignore reality to bolster your crude delusions. Asius is not hopping from one company to another, but working with multiple companies at once. Lots and lots of people like the sound and the benefits of ADEL tech. I've not heard of a single company ditching them due to lost revenue. You can claim Empire Ears has done so, but until I hear from Jack on the subject, I'll call you a liar, because you've proven to be one.

You need to stop this. And never start up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back