Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #9,436 of 40,613
The Korean retailer also commented that EE had developed Hera for 8 months. It makes sense if EE started R&D for Hera early in this year.

That's a good point, but the prototypes at CanJam SG were very different, in terms of both driver configuration and acoustic design. There were no switches either. Maybe it's a prototype from earlier.

Dec 1, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #9,440 of 40,613
If EE named the Korean limited edition as Hera, that really says a lot about it. As Hera is one of the wifes of Zeus, we can assume it is at a co-flagship or second-tier. 10 BA with switches, EE is able to bring the technology and tuning of Zeus to develop a new product based on previous user experience.

Nicely done.

*Since Zeus has multiple wifes, we may have multiple of them :D Metis, Dione, Leto, Whos next.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #9,441 of 40,613
If EE named the Korean limited edition as Hera, that really says a lot about it. As Hera is one of the wifes of Zeus, we can assume it is at a co-flagship or second-tier. 10 BA with switches, EE is able to bring the technology and tuning of Zeus to develop a new product based on previous user experience.

Nicely done.

*Since Zeus has multiple wifes, we may have multiple of them :D Metis, Dione, Leto, Whos next.

OMG..:darthsmile::darthsmile::darthsmile::darthsmile:

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #9,442 of 40,613
I think the new EE custom(or universal) is Hera.
Currently, this is a limited version(30 pieces) for Korean market.

Although it has 10BA, Hera owners said its sound quality is same level with ZEUS XR and has strong points on female vocal.
Even some of them already sold their zeus xr after buying Hera (of course, some of them still have zeus and think zeus xr is better, but its gap is very small).

I guess EE will launch the Hera officially with adel and non-adel near future.
What cable is that?

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #9,443 of 40,613

Nicely done.

Yeah, it looks like it’s somewhere between the Apollo (even though it has the same number of drivers) and the Zeus. Honestly, I can see EE moving away from the Olympus theme next year; Greek gods can get unmarketably obscure eventually. :D Though with that said, I’d love to see something called Prometheus or Kronos; the latter would fit watch-part faceplates perfectly. :wink:

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #9,444 of 40,613
I think the new EE custom(or universal) is Hera.
Currently, this is a limited version(30 pieces) for Korean market.

Although it has 10BA, Hera owners said its sound quality is same level with ZEUS XR and has strong points on female vocal.
Even some of them already sold their zeus xr after buying Hera (of course, some of them still have zeus and think zeus xr is better, but its gap is very small).

I guess EE will launch the Hera officially with adel and non-adel near future.

1 - Hera was the wife of Zeus , and she was considered a very strong entity in the Olympus Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hera

2 - this probably means that Apollo gets the boot, being a 10-BA ?

3 - price ? it should probably be under 2000$

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #9,445 of 40,613
1 - Hera was the wife of Zeus , and she was considered a very strong entity in the Olympus Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hera

2 - this probably means that Apollo gets the boot, being a 10-BA ?

3 - price ? it should probably be under 2000$

I think Hera might remain a Korean exclusive to be honest. But, then again, Pinky’s review did state that the Athena is slowly being shifted out, so this may be the start of EE revamping their whole line.

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #9,447 of 40,613
Yeah, it looks like it’s somewhere between the Apollo (even though it has the same number of drivers) and the Zeus. Honestly, I can see EE moving away from the Olympus theme next year; Greek gods can get unmarketably obscure eventually. :D Though with that said, I’d love to see something called Prometheus or Kronos; the latter would fit watch-part faceplates perfectly. :wink:

I swear I was hoping they'd go with Kronos, lol. That's too funny. Great thinking!!!

How cool is this. I always love hearing about things in other markets. Helps me understand how everyone else listens.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #9,450 of 40,613
The cable must be Eros from effet audio.
The idea of the Hera is not bad, because the Zeus are not fine enough for the female tracks.
For lovers of classic, heras will help, after the Asian market is a different world, they do not have big voice like us, they need something finer and more precise.

I find Zeux Xra are different, before the reshell, he was bigger and lours.
Now they are better.

Here are some pictures for the facts:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back