Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,597 of 40,651
ADEL and Apex are quite different.
I would really want to a comparison between the A18 and Zeus. I personally demoed both and they are definitely top tier for me.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #8,598 of 40,651
I would really want to a comparison between the A18 and Zeus. I personally demoed both and they are definitely top tier for me.

From @flinkenick's review:

The true battle of the titans. For even though the 5-Way has taken top spot, many, if not most, might argue that either of these two would be more deserving. The A18 with its high resolution, energetic sound, and wide stage; Zeus-XIV with its impressive midrange, combined with excellent performance.

The A18 and Zeus each provide spectacular stages, a worthy reflection of their top-tier status. The A18’s stage is significantly wider than that of Zeus, while Zeus parries with greater depth. A vastly wide stage, compared to a relatively more compact, but more three-dimensional stage. Even more importantly, is its use of depth: Zeus betters the A18 in terms of layering ability, resulting in neater separation. The structure of the stage is slightly more organized, despite the A18’s impressive width.

Regardless of the module, the A18 overpowers Zeus when it comes to bass. They share similar low-end extension, but the A18 packs quite a punch. Its sub- and especially mid-bass has greater quantity, resulting in greater impact. Zeus’ bass is precise, but it can’t match the A18’s sense of engagement, based on quantity alone. In terms of tone and definition, there isn’t much between them to spare, although the A18’s decay is a bit quicker.

Two midranges with little in common. This time round, Zeus has the more forward, powerful midrange. Its vocals have greater body and depth, resulting from its richer lower midrange. Its instruments have nice size, and are neutral in tone. The A18’s emphasis lies a bit higher up: its vocals aren’t as dense, but there’s more energy in its instruments. The A18’s lower treble tuning provides a touch of sparkle, while increasing their clarity. As a result however, Zeus’ timbre is slightly more accurate.

The A18’s treble is more prominent, but equally, more detailed and quicker. Zeus’ treble performs excellently, but can’t quite match the A18’s performance – one of its outstanding feats. In addition, the A18’s treble has more sparkle. Zeus’ treble however is slightly more accurate in terms of timbre, resulting from its more neutral tone. Finally, the A18’s top-end extension is greater, giving it the edge when it comes to resolution.

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #8,599 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

My name is Ethan, and I am the newest addition to the Empire Ears team! I’ve been buying, selling, and trading in the audiophile market for a few years now, and have had the opportunity to listen to or own many different high end systems, from open to closed, heavy, fullsize planars to lightweight, multi driver iems, and everything in between. I’m a total addict, and an audiophile to the core. If any of you out there has any questions or concerns regarding the Empire Ears lineup, what model might be the best fit for you, any problems you may need resolved, or just want some like-minded conversation with a fellow audio enthusiast, feel free to contact me at any time! I can be reached at my email: ethan@empireears.com, phone: 770-958-0065 (Ext. 407) or in the DMs here on Head-Fi!

I look forward to meeting many of you and helping with any questions or concerns you may have!

-Ethan Groover, Empire Ears

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #8,600 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

My name is Ethan, and I am the newest addition to the Empire Ears team! I’ve been buying, selling, and trading in the audiophile market for a few years now, and have had the opportunity to listen to or own many different high end systems, from open to closed, heavy, fullsize planars to lightweight, multi driver iems, and everything in between. I’m a total addict, and an audiophile to the core. If any of you out there has any questions or concerns regarding the Empire Ears lineup, what model might be the best fit for you, any problems you may need resolved, or just want some like-minded conversation with a fellow audio enthusiast, feel free to contact me at any time! I can be reached at my email: ethan@empireears.com, phone: 770-958-0065 (Ext. 407) or in the DMs here on Head-Fi!

I look forward to meeting many of you and helping with any questions or concerns you may have!

Welcome to the team!!!

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #8,602 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

Welcome to headfi! I guess the usual greeting of "Sorry about your wallet" doesn't really apply here does it ? :p

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #8,603 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

Welcome Ethan from an EE fanboy!

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #8,604 of 40,651
Welcome to headfi! I guess the usual greeting of "Sorry about your wallet" doesn't really apply here does it ? :p
Thank you! I suppose to an extent it does not, but my wallet has certainly still taken a hit with this hobby haha

Welcome Ethan from an EE fanboy!
Thank you sir, from another EE fanboy!

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #8,605 of 40,651
Welcome.
Well, I got a too good to be true deal on a Mojo today from a friend who's a manufacturer. He wasn't using it, so he was going to make a profit regardless. Took great care of me and I'm thankful. Can't wait to get it. It will be interesting to see how it compared to the Audioquest Red I am using with my Savant's. Fun hobby.

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #8,606 of 40,651
Just got my shipped notice on my refit cerberus. Fingers crossed this is it. Had a good fit this time around, the left just needed a little thickening. Did my head in today at work trying to get a universal to fit.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #8,607 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

Greetings to you, Ethan. =)

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #8,610 of 40,651
Hello Head-Fiers!

Welcome to the family!

Are you going to be attending/exhibiting at CanJam @ RMAF in a couple of days? If so, it would be nice to meet and converse with you in person. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back