Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #6,781 of 40,591
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #6,782 of 40,591
Sounds good, maybe Ill get a pair at CanJam SoCal!
Oh, they also will do your ear impressions there for free with your order.

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #6,783 of 40,591
If I do so be it. But I can't imagine anything being as bad of an iem as the adel parts. Maybe iems under 500...yes. But I feel like my adel Xr is inferior to many 800 or 1k iems.

Now XR (non adel), now that's crazy impressive

If you ever find an iem nearly as impressive as the XRA at that price point, please share the news with the world.  Such a device doesn't exist.  I'm sorry you don't like yours.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #6,786 of 40,591

Wow, that sounds great if I decide to go the custom route.  I Im not sure Im willing to spend that much though.  How does the sound differ custom vs universal?

I did a comparison of my custom Athena-VIII ADEL against Jack's demo unit of the exact same configuration during CanJam Singapore and they sound identical. Good news for those who prefer the universal fit!

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #6,787 of 40,591
I did a comparison of my custom Athena-VIII ADEL against Jack's demo unit of the exact same configuration during CanJam Singapore and they sound identical. Good news for those who prefer the universal fit!

Athena is the best!!!!!

Forget about Zeus! Athena!!!!!

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #6,788 of 40,591

I did the same for the spartan and find it within 5% of my customs. Tbh, you can always order a pair of custom sleeves made of silicone that can be used for many iems to come

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #6,790 of 40,591
I did the same for the spartan and find it within 5% of my customs. Tbh, you can always order a pair of custom sleeves made of silicone that can be used for many iems to come

Tips are a key factor. If you get a very good seal they will sound absolutely identical. I find SpinFits to work best for me but as always YMMV.

I don't recommend sillicone custom sleeves though. Firstly, they will degrade over time and then unless they are Snugs, they will cause the IEM to protrude out of the ears significantly.

That being said, Empire's universal fit IEMs are extremely ergonomic and with the right tips, will fit most people's ears without losing the audio quality of the custom.

Athena is the best!!!!!

Forget about Zeus! Athena!!!!!

Wait till you try Prototype X :wink:

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #6,791 of 40,591
It exists to me. And to the box it sits unused

Okay, so I'm intrigued.  What do you have in that price point better than the XRA?  I'm sure we'd all like to know what it is.  I might even buy a set.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #6,792 of 40,591
Tips are a key factor. If you get a very good seal they will sound absolutely identical. I find SpinFits to work best for me but as always YMMV.

I don't recommend sillicone custom sleeves though. Firstly, they will degrade over time and then unless they are Snugs, they will cause the IEM to protrude out of the ears significantly.

That being said, Empire's universal fit IEMs are extremely ergonomic and with the right tips, will fit most people's ears without losing the audio quality of the custom.
Wait till you try Prototype X :wink:

I just went back to the SpinFits today and I think they are probably the best. They provide the Zeus XRA with the resolution and imaging I expect from a $2K+ iem, the other tips I have tried didn't.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #6,793 of 40,591
Okay, so I'm intrigued.  What do you have in that price point better than the XRA?  I'm sure we'd all like to know what it is.  I might even buy a set.

To prevent(hopefully)the whole topic to be dragged up again, I believe Naivesound finds that he doesn't get on with the Adel unit. He previously had the X-R which he really liked but for some reason was persuaded by the forum to try the Adel version

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #6,794 of 40,591
I just went back to the SpinFits today and I think they are probably the best. They provide the Zeus XRA with the resolution and imaging I expect from a $2K+ iem, the other tips I have tried didn't.
Try Final Audio's silicone eartips, they are the best I've ever used. They isolate really good for me, equivalent to a Comply foam tip, but they fit all the way flush on the nozzle of EE IEMs, I used them during the time I had the "Arthur" for review, which is Zeus-R with different internal wiring and a great silver/gold cable offered by Effect Audio, however it does cost $3,800.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #6,795 of 40,591
Try Final Audio's silicone eartips, they are the best I've ever used. They isolate really good for me, equivalent to a Comply foam tip, but they fit all the way flush on the nozzle of EE IEMs, I used them during the time I had the "Arthur" for review, which is Zeus-R with different internal wiring and a great silver/gold cable offered by Effect Audio, however it does cost $3,800.

agreed :) they fit very well, comfortable. flexible on the outside, solid on the inside/nozzle. i have to thank final audio for giving these during canjam, they're great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back