Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 13, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #4,039 of 40,582

For its price is very good crafted, have a nice look, it gives a bit warmer sound and good bass impact. According to my taste make good couple with Athena. It keep resolution and detail retrieval and add a touch of warmness.

Sounds like a cable that I can enjoy seeing as I love resolving sounds. :D

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,040 of 40,582
  Sounds like a cable that I can enjoy seeing as I love resolving sounds. :D

To be honest, it is quite good surprise. I have or had few cables from different well known companies and I can attest, that Impact cable can easily challenge many of them. It is really good cable. Same as communication with Lindsay is nice too.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #4,041 of 40,582

To be honest, it is quite good surprise. I have or had few cables from different well known companies and I can attest, that Impact cable can easily challenge many of them. It is really good cable. Same as communication with Lindsay is nice too.

A shame I can't listen to them though.

Cables are kinda hard to find to test here in my country.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #4,043 of 40,582

Check Etsy, that is place, where you can buy this cable. Price is really low compare to some other seriously looking cables. It worth try.

Sounds good enough. I shall check it out.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,044 of 40,582

I honestly think the Arthur on the 1960s still sounds rather lean, peaky, and forward, without the gold in the Excalibur to smoothen out its upper mids/treble. Though, it has a ton more resolution, extension, and image solidity than the Arthur+Excalibur combo, so much so that the sheer amount of detail thrown at you, and how upfront the detail is, becomes fatiguing really quickly.

The Zeus-R+1960s combo has the same, if not more, resolution and extension, but with a more natural, laidback, and very slightly rich (especially in the mids) presentation, resulting in a more organic, pleasant, holographic and accurate listening experience at a much better value.

Thats very interesting finding of yours, hmm i wonder any1 here using the opus 2 dap with either zeus r or xiv? Any idea on their hissing & stuff etc?

Opus2 hissing is noticeable but less than LPG.  I didn't have a chance to do too much testing with O#2 when reviewed Zeus-R, now waiting for Zeus XR Adel (Zeus-R has been sent back).

Hopefully in a few weeks will have both Zeus XR Adel and PWA 1960 cable to do proper testing and analysis.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4,045 of 40,582
url="/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/4035#post_13006101 said:
I have several cables from Lindsay at Impact Audio. Great value, easy to work,with. My,Spartan in o, the SPC version and I love the details. Highly recommend.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,046 of 40,582
Opus2 hissing is noticeable but less than LPG.  I didn't have a chance to do too much testing with O#2 when reviewed Zeus-R, now waiting for Zeus XR Adel (Zeus-R has been sent back).

Hopefully in a few weeks will have both Zeus XR Adel and PWA 1960 cable to do proper testing and analysis.

Would love to hear your thoughts if you ever hook up the 1960 + XR-A. I'll be on standby.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #4,047 of 40,582
Impact cables are well made. Here is the latest one Lindsay built for me

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #4,049 of 40,582
What type of cable is that? Haven't seen it listed.

It is listed now

https://www.etsy.com/listing/473771210/custom-4ft-type-6-copper-litz-iem-cable?ref=shop_home_feat_2

My splitter is silver though to have the same colour as the connectors on either end.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4,050 of 40,582

For its price is very good crafted, have a nice look, it gives a bit warmer sound and good bass impact. According to my taste make good couple with Athena. It keep resolution and detail retrieval and add a touch of warmness.

tell us some more about athena please 
L3000.gif

i also bookmarked the cables yu mentioned , just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back