Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 13, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #4,066 of 40,559
No that is US dollars it is $3,330.00 Singapore dollars.

My mistake you are right. I emailed them about the cable and the 4 wire configuration starts of at S$2,699 and will be listed at S$1,960 for BF. Mondo expensive but I suppose it's the voodoo magic they put in them that you are paying for. It sounds silly to pay that much but there seems to be a good amount of people that are firm believers. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,067 of 40,559
  My mistake you are right. I emailed them about the cable and the 4 wire configuration starts of at S$2,699 and will be listed at S$1,960 for BF. Mondo expensive but I suppose it's the voodoo magic they put in them that you are paying for. It sounds silly to pay that much but there seems to be a good amount of people that are firm believers. 

As someone whom experienced both the 2-wire and 4-wire, I can assure you that you are getting what you paid for in this case.

I certainly have become a huge fan of PW Audio cables more than Effect Audio, even though the latter made some really exquisite cables themselves, but I only tried their ARES cables along with the EXCALIBUR so I probably should try more before I jump to conclusion yet.

This December I'll be able to try the HERACLES and hopefully LEONIDAS as well. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #4,068 of 40,559
  As someone whom experienced both the 2-wire and 4-wire, I can assure you that you are getting what you paid for in this case.

I certainly have become a huge fan of PW Audio cables more than Effect Audio, even though the latter made some really exquisite cables themselves, but I only tried their ARES cables along with the EXCALIBUR so I probably should try more before I jump to conclusion yet.

I'll plug my Zeus with Heracles.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #4,073 of 40,559
How would you compare zeus r with the roxanes and the Oriolus?

I don't have much experience with the Oriolus but the Zeus-R, compared to the Roxanne, is MUCH clearer, more resolving, airier, larger and more precise in imaging, and more neutral. However, it isn't as fun or punchy in the lower regions.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #4,074 of 40,559
I apologize for interrupting this Empire Ears thread but are people actually considering spending ~$2,330.00 USD on a meter and half of copper wire which cannot cost more than $50 in material costs? What am I missing?

Maybe I have wrong site: http://music-sanctuary.com/products/pwaudio-the-1960s-flagship-iem-cable

I personally thought the same thing and considered purchasing one an impossibility simply due to the price, but then I tried it and found in it qualities I've never heard in other cables before. Now, of course, it's a matter of said qualities being worth it or not at the end of the day, but considering we're in a thread discussing over-$2000-14-driver CIEMs, I think it's reasonable for some of us to think so.

Oh, and to answer your question, what you're missing is a demo :wink:

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #4,075 of 40,559

Rin, when you are playing around with all these cool toys at Music Sanctuary store, please ask Calvin to let you borrow some higher res DAP source.  You are not doing a justice to all these EE and Noble monitors and cables you are writing impressions about when using $70 lo-res FiiO X1.  Even with an external budget amp, you are still driving it from a cheap dac and overall sound will not be anywhere near the high resolution, transparency, and retrieval of details for these IEMs to reach their full potential.  And also, a good idea to keep the bass boost off and EQ disabled
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #4,076 of 40,559

Rin, when you are playing around with all these cool toys at Music Sanctuary store, please ask Calvin to let you borrow some higher res DAP source.  You are not doing a justice to all these EE and Noble monitors and cables you are writing impressions about when using $70 lo-res FiiO X1.  Even with an external budget amp, you are still driving it from a cheap dac and overall sound will not be anywhere near the high resolution, transparency, and retrieval of details for these IEMs to reach their full potential.  And also, a good idea to keep the bass boost off and EQ disabled
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Well, That's what I plan to do on December.

Seeing as he's gonna bring the AK380 Copper to me, there'll definitely be no bottleneck of any sound quality whatsoever.

And as for amps, well...my bass boost has always been turned off and kept on low gain so you have no need to worry about that.

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #4,078 of 40,559
I personally thought the same thing and considered purchasing one an impossibility simply due to the price, but then I tried it and found in it qualities I've never heard in other cables before. Now, of course, it's a matter of said qualities being worth it or not at the end of the day, but considering we're in a thread discussing over-$2000-14-driver CIEMs, I think it's reasonable for some of us to think so.

Oh, and to answer your question, what you're missing is a demo :wink:

Yes, a 14 driver CIEM with an ADEL module and variable tuning I understand for $2,700 but for $2,330 for 4+ feet of copper wire. Hehe

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #4,079 of 40,559

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Well, That's what I plan to do on December.

Seeing as he's gonna bring the AK380 Copper to me, there'll definitely be no bottleneck of any sound quality whatsoever.

And as for amps, well...my bass boost has always been turned off and kept on low gain so you have no need to worry about that.

Maybe I just misunderstood the content of this post.  But either way, not trying to give you a hard time bud!  I have been in the same shoes a few years ago when I started reviewing
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #4,080 of 40,559

Maybe I just misunderstood the content of this post.  But either way, not trying to give you a hard time bud!  I have been in the same shoes a few years ago when I started reviewing
wink.gif

Well okay there, low blow...

That was my mistake because I didn't realize listening with Bass Boost Off is much accurate before so I can't say much other than everyone makes hiccups. 
redface.gif

Besides I've been listening without using it since for a long time now.

And I think I'll probably ask Ryuzoh-san to mod the E12A to be an amp without any gain or bass boost whatsoever just to eliminate this particular problem. That, and likely ask him to reduce distortion and whatever that can be improved upon.

......or just get an ALO RX or something...eh. 

Decisions, decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• haci
Back