Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 7, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #38,118 of 40,729
Tuned less reference minded but retains all the technicalities. Less upper mid range quantity and a bit more lower mid range quantity. Stage is wider and treble is a bit more extended. Oh, moaarrr bass also.
So basically they fixed Odin 😅

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #38,122 of 40,729
I did not find any. And it hits my preference. But there is presence of lower and mid treble to which some people are quite sensitive. I did try it on few sources however and it was consistently good.

In a nutshell
Hopefully they didn't go too far with the treble.
Well there is presence in lower and mid treble. But the bass balances it out. So unless youre extremely sensitive to that region or your source has extra presence in that same region i dont see that being a problem. If you had no issues with Odyssey. Its unlikely to have problems with Raven.

I did try Earman Angel which is fairly neutral and has treble presence and i still had no issues. In fact to my surprise that synergy was mental.
That thing just scales with powerful source immensely. Which is kind of surprising as its not that hard to drive at all.

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #38,123 of 40,729
Tuned less reference minded but retains all the technicalities. Less upper mid range quantity and a bit more lower mid range quantity. Stage is wider and treble is a bit more extended. Oh, moaarrr bass also.
Nice summary there. Would you be able to provide a similar comparison to the Odyssey ?
I‘m wondering if it’s worth going from Odyssey to Raven.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #38,124 of 40,729
Here’s what I assume is a launch (?) or limited edition of Raven, taken from ECT fb page.

IMG_5733.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #38,126 of 40,729
Nice summary there. Would you be able to provide a similar comparison to the Odyssey ?
I‘m wondering if it’s worth going from Odyssey to Raven.
Hard to say. I personally prefer Raven to Odyssey for the treble transparency and extension alone, but there are a few other subtle differences elsewhere. I cant drop a deep dive yet but when I can, I will.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #38,127 of 40,729
Here’s what I assume is a launch (?) or limited edition of Raven, taken from ECT fb page.

Its actually the audio visual show that's going to happen here in Hong Kong between 11 - 13th August (not October).

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #38,129 of 40,729
I just need Raven impressions to confirm that I did indeed made the right choice with a second Odin.

Aesthetic and design wise, it just isn't my cup of tea. I have been considering a second Wraith as well though

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #38,130 of 40,729
I've got my Odin dialed in finally. Sticking with the Stormbreaker since I like treble. The 1960 smoothed things off pleasantly, but I like sparkle. Azla Sedna tips, the black ones. And my AK2000T set to no tube, instead of my AK1000.

It's like a ballsier Zeus. I'm keeping the 1960 on that one, and use the Hybrid or full Tube to give it a bit more punch.

The Odin delivers plenty of bass without ONLY delivering bass. Try The Beatles Abbey Road Come Together is you want to hear bass in a rock track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back