Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 5, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #38,087 of 40,728
I’m in the EE-only camp. I had the full driver flex experience with Odin, Evo, LX and none other of many IEMs with DD I‘ve heard.

But it didn’t bother me as it only appeared when inserting, never while listening.
I learnt the term driver flex after I bought the Odyssey because I had to google why it was happening 😂
Never had it with any IEM before, at least not nearly as bad as the Odyssey.

Aug 5, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #38,088 of 40,728
I hear that the Raven will be at Canjam London. I’m really looking forward to hearing it. It’s probably the number one thing on my list to try.

Which reminds me, I better go and buy my Canjam ticket.

Aug 5, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #38,089 of 40,728
I learnt the term driver flex after I bought the Odyssey because I had to google why it was happening 😂
Never had it with any IEM before, at least not nearly as bad as the Odyssey.
+1

I knew of the existence and theory of driver flex before, but never actually experienced it until I got my Evo.

Aug 5, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #38,090 of 40,728
Well, I'm going to jump in here with more Odin impressions since this thread is so full of what ifs and can't waits.

I went down a half size (M>MS) on my Sednas and that made a big difference on seal. The mediums are fine on the smaller Zeus but not the Odin. Once I did that, I tried the Stormbreaker cable again and the splashiness in the cymbals was gone.

The 1960 is much different than is the Stormbreaker. More weight, warmer, and a wider soundstage. The Odin sounds a bit lighter with the Stormbreaker, with more treble. Bass is still very good but just not as warm as with the 1960. Neither has bass bloat. I've spent the last week with the 1960, so I need some brain burn in to really quantify what's going on.

I've also dialed loudness back somewhat. I started to notice my tinnitus kicking in after an hour or so above 80. Down to low 70s and much better. I swapped my cables and tried the Zeus with the 1960 and wow, I had to very quickly dial down the volume from 70 to 43. Zeus is MUCH easier to drive.

Driver flex? It clicks a bit when I insert the IEMs and then is gone. If I wiggle them with my finger later to check seal, I might get a few clicks. I don't see what the big deal is. If you are getting it all the time, change your tips and see if it's a seal issue.

Just FYI.

Aug 5, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #38,091 of 40,728
Legend X SE is still one of my favorite IEMs of all time. I've even considered hunting down a 'backup' SE.
I agree with you. Best bass slam, smooth mids, detailed treble and a shell weight and fit that allows you to lay down and even roll your head to the side. Golden.

Aug 5, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #38,092 of 40,728
I repeated say I prefer subdued hues like the EVO and Raven, but then my wife brings this table home and I like it. I’ll call it our Odin table. IMG_1687.jpeg

Aug 6, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #38,093 of 40,728
@Skullar Can you please weigh the shells of Raven?

I'd be happy to buy you a scale if you don't have one. I'd rather do it that way than buy Raven and find out it's too heavy. My offer is serious. I'm sure many others are interested as well.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not trying to provoke at all. I just want to have transparency in this matter, which is not unimportant (for me) since Raven is already quite big and protruding.
Dont have the iem on me. Sorry. I dont own it. I also dont know if that is the final design or material etc.
But currently i did not find it heavy at all, relative to size.

Aug 6, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #38,094 of 40,728
Dont have the iem on me. Sorry. I dont own it. I also dont know if that is the final design or material etc.
But currently i did not find it heavy at all, relative to size.
Thank you for the reply. I will still try to get a demo unit first, this would be the best solution in my case.

Have a nice Sunday!

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #38,098 of 40,728
Empire Ears RAVEN TIME!! I finally obtained the greenlight from @Jack Vang to post some exclusive photos of the new EE Raven:). I've included one with the Raven next to the ODIN to give you guys a size comparison of the two EE flagships. Photo credits to @TomKorn & AudioEssence!
1_Empire-Ears-Raven-27_AE.jpg

2_Empire-Ears-Raven-0_AE.jpg3_Empire-Ears-Raven-000_AE.jpg

4_Empire-Ears-Raven-0-3_AE.jpg5_Empire-Ears-Raven-1_AE.jpg
Love the design and the fact that @Jack Vang didnt settle on the demo design just to pump it out and went the extra 10 miles to redevelop it from the ground up.

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #38,099 of 40,728
I dig the new looks. Especially since some companies have *cough* developed lookalike faceplates so this is a breath of fresh air :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back