Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #35,851 of 40,600
And all of your basses!😏
Possibly... Lol. Funny you said that, I almost wrote that, but I wasn't sure anyone would get the double entendre and just think I couldnt spell.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #35,852 of 40,600
I have said to a couple of Headfiers that if you had ODIN and EVO, almost all of your bases could covered.
Hello.
I have a question for Odin and Evo owners. I don't have and never heard either of them, but thinking of getting the Odin.
I've read plenty of reviews and comments and I think I have a good idea about their tuning.
Given that they both use W9+ drivers for the low end, does Odin respond well to equalisation, to boost bass/sub-bass closer to Evo levels?
Thanks!

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #35,853 of 40,600
Hello.
I have a question for Odin and Evo owners. I don't have and never heard either of them, but thinking of getting the Odin.
I've read plenty of reviews and comments and I think I have a good idea about their tuning.
Given that they both use W9+ drivers for the low end, does Odin respond well to equalisation, to boost bass/sub-bass closer to Evo levels?
Thanks!
you can get a nice bass boost on the odin but it wont be on the same level as the evo

Jun 12, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #35,854 of 40,600
Hello.
Thanks!
I never tried EQ'ing the Odin, but from my minimal experience, EQ'ing IEMs rarely gets it to match another IEM---too many intangibles to properly replicate something like the EVO's bass which in my opinion is the best in the portable game, easily. (Jewel is pretty great too although no where as elevated). Could EQ'ing get it closer? Yeah maybe if you add a bass shelf into the midbass.

As I am sure you've read in the reviews, go for Odin if you want a slightly less colored IEM with more layering, speed, and microdetail. It's a technical beast outside of its' relatively intimate staging. Tuning is more forward with a slightly thinner overall sound.

Go for EVO if you want thunderous bass with unique imaging/weight to notes due to the bone conductor. EVO is slightly less smooth in the upper-mids compared to Odin, but is also excellent technically.

Odin's bass is a neutered version of EVOs, more subbass focused with excellent extension/speed meanwhile EVO has both world-class midbass and subbass for a real basshead experience.

Jun 12, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #35,855 of 40,600
I never tried EQ'ing the Odin, but from my minimal experience, EQ'ing IEMs rarely gets it to match another IEM---too many intangibles to properly replicate something like the EVO's bass which in my opinion is the best in the portable game, easily. (Jewel is pretty great too although no where as elevated). Could EQ'ing get it closer? Yeah maybe if you add a bass shelf into the midbass.

As I am sure you've read in the reviews, go for Odin if you want a slightly less colored IEM with more layering, speed, and microdetail. It's a technical beast outside of its' relatively intimate staging. Tuning is more forward with a slightly thinner overall sound.

Go for EVO if you want thunderous bass with unique imaging/weight to notes due to the bone conductor. EVO is slightly less smooth in the upper-mids compared to Odin, but is also excellent technically.

Odin's bass is a neutered version of EVOs, more subbass focused with excellent extension/speed meanwhile EVO has both world-class midbass and subbass for a real basshead experience.
Thanks! I am thinking of getting the Odin for the reasons you mentioned, but, although not a basshead, I do sometimes endulge in such guilty pleasures. Preferably subbass.

Jun 12, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #35,858 of 40,600
When I use my Odins on my home DAC (Brinkmann Nyquist 2) it’s legit bass. It’s what the engineer wanted it to be (I have a reference recording that my buddy did and I was with him when he mixed it (minimal mix at that). I understand many want more and more bass even if it’s not how it’s recorded, but when you feed Odin bass, it’s more than up for the task. Pipe organ and standing bass are a blast to my ears to play with Odins. Again, jmho and few who own IEM’s will be using a Brinkmann DAC lol.

Jun 12, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #35,860 of 40,600

Don’t forget tbe Legend X, still available, fantastic bass without the bone conduction driver, great soundscape and treble response!

Jun 12, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #35,861 of 40,600
Don’t forget tbe Legend X, still available, fantastic bass without the bone conduction driver, great soundscape and treble response!
I personally prefer cleaner, tighter, and snappier bass that extends with authority, so that’s why I prefer the w9+‘s in Odin/EVO versus the LX’s bass. But yes OGLX should always be considered for best basshead IEMs.

Jun 12, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #35,862 of 40,600
Jun 13, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #35,865 of 40,600
I only have 4 hours with them (second owner) but I really LOVE the Base :L3000::L3000::L3000: Much more controlled than LX. Starting with E-type tips can anyone recommend different tips please.
I'm using Acoustune AET07 (Large). Tip recommendations are tough since everyone's ears are different, but at least these work very well for me with the EVO.

Speaking of tips, I recently got the Radius Deep Mount tips from Japan, and they are great for me, e.g. with the Fourte. I haven't tried them on the EVO because the AET07 work well, no need to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back