Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 27, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #32,716 of 40,675
Yeeeeears ahead (compared to the U12t anyway)… like on a completely different playing field. The U12t has great BA bass don’t get me wrong, but it can’t compare IMO.

How about volume? I figure quality is much better with the Odin.

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #32,718 of 40,675
Photo looks great. In person would be spectacular. Great choice!
Thanks!

How about volume? I figure quality is much better with the Odin.
From memory I think that the U12t may have had more mid bass but less sub. I can't say for certain and it may just be the perception that the different signatures and drivers give... Odin extends much lower, that I know for certain.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #32,719 of 40,675
Had a nice unexpected delivery today that was due on Wednesday but I'm not complaining! I sent my custom Legend X's away to have a bit of a facelift as I really liked how the 'Continuum' faceplates looked and I managed to persuade @Jack Vang to humour me. I can't tell you how much I've missed the LX's and now they go perfectly with their brother :wink: .... I absolutely LOVE how they've turned out with the black emblems floating over the "continuum" and the fit is even better than my previous customs! Very happy with the outcome. Just want to thank Jack for being so helpful throughout.

They look terrific. Congrats on the facelift!

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #32,721 of 40,675
Had a nice unexpected delivery today that was due on Wednesday but I'm not complaining! I sent my custom Legend X's away to have a bit of a facelift as I really liked how the 'Continuum' faceplates looked and I managed to persuade @Jack Vang to humour me. I can't tell you how much I've missed the LX's and now they go perfectly with their brother :wink: .... I absolutely LOVE how they've turned out with the black emblems floating over the "continuum" and the fit is even better than my previous customs! Very happy with the outcome. Just want to thank Jack for being so helpful throughout.

I am repeating everyone else; very nice!! This actually reminds me of the old-school super bouncy balls with all the colors and "marbling." This was my first impression.

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #32,723 of 40,675

FF5E11B2-4C14-4423-9B45-6C8016E53F29.jpeg
Sheeesh! Looks great. I think I have about 2 weeks left on my custom LX. I’m pumped!

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #32,724 of 40,675

FF5E11B2-4C14-4423-9B45-6C8016E53F29.jpeg
'Gorgeous pieces and pics, man! Enjoy them. :wink:

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #32,726 of 40,675
I just got the LX SE new very recently, and honestly … I was super happy with them until I started reading about the EVO. Now I know that my LX are veiled, uneven and overall subpar on all levels ☹️.
No!
The LX(SE) are fine IEMs, period. Also, I find EVO to sound quite different. Enjoy your LX to the fullest!

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #32,727 of 40,675
I just got the LX SE new very recently, and honestly … I was super happy with them until I started reading about the EVO. Now I know that my LX are veiled, uneven and overall subpar on all levels ☹️.
The LX is no lesser today than it was yesterday, it remains one of the best IEMs over made. Enjoy your LX SE, get to know it well, what tips, cable, source you like the best with her, then add an EVO, or Odin down the road a bit.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #32,728 of 40,675
Pssshh, they're no less amazing even with the release of the EVO. Just stick them in your ears and enjoy. I'm selling mine only because I don't use them often enough & I still have the Legend X; these IEMs deserve to be used and not sitting on a shelf. I've no plans to pick up the EVO anytime soon (or possibly never as apparently they're even larger than Odin).

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #32,729 of 40,675
You should still be happy with them then. They didn’t get any worse because the EVO was released. I ordered a pair of custom LX after demoing the EVO. I have the EVO now and am anxiously awaiting my custom LX. They both are great.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #32,730 of 40,675
Which cable is that? Did it change any of the stage dimensions? One thing I noticed when trying my plussound Silver + Gold 8 wire is that the soundstage spread out more than the stormbreaker and Odin had more of that floor speaker like presentation that’s the LX has. The stormbreaker has more of a spherical stage it seems.

The cable is the Attila 4 wire. Absolutely the soundstage expanded in width and depth, I was mesmerized in my listening. ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back